Why is this board so negative?

BufBills83

23 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Have you gotten your answers?

Why do members of this board, who have a scant amount of posts, always start topics like this, but never make a reply to it? Asking for a friend.

One of the great mysteries of the universe that needs pondering 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I was definitely open to a 2nd WR in this draft, with how thin we were at the position.  Samuel and Shakir were at the time the only surefire starters - then adding coleman.  I'm not sure a 2nd WR in the 3rd or 4th round makes that much of an impact this season, but it does give you another shot at finding that st. brown, nico collins type of player.  Adding MVS post-draft was a consolation prize for what a depth WR drafted there could have contributed this season, but next season they'll be back in the market for another WR most likely and in a scenario where they need to continue to draft there.  

That’s how I see it too

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Running the table and stealing the division from Miami was pretty fun tho ngl.. 

Oh it was awesome. KC game on the season was a blast

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

That’s how I see it too

One thing I have considered is Beane is seeing if Shakir/Coleman/Samuels all have solid years and then Knox/Kincaid bookend really well. IF so the need for the other WR is far less important, but if not next draft and FA I honestly think he adds a truly proven vet and goes WR in the draft in round 1/2 again to double up insurance.

They also have enough cap room to make a move come deadline and picks to add with it. Beane has said he moved to quick from players drafted before so I do think he is trying to let things play out a bit before making a change. With all of that said I would've drafted two WRs this year.

• Agree 1

We live in an instant gratification society.  Patience is no longer a commodity.  And we also live in a society where everyone on the internet thinks they know better and are the experts.  They guess right one time, and it validates that and makes them forget the 100 times they were wrong, so now they are the experts and the professionals are the idiots.

Even Pats fan turned furious, whiney, and negative once their 20 year run was over as if they didn't just get 6 SB's in that span.  

Welcome to the age of social meida and the internet where everyone is a star and everyone is an expert.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We live in an instant gratification society.  Patience is no longer a commodity.  And we also live in a society where everyone on the internet thinks they know better and are the experts.  They guess right one time, and it validates that and makes them forget the 100 times they were wrong, so now they are the experts and the professionals are the idiots.

Even Pats fan turned furious, whiney, and negative once their 20 year run was over as if they didn't just get 6 SB's in that span.  

Welcome to the age of social meida and the internet where everyone is a star and everyone is an expert.

As always, great post and synopsis. I have been a fan since 1963 and in addition to the four SB losses, 13 seconds and all the other disappointments over the last sixty years, five minutes after the game or season is over I'm on to something else. To me, the start of the Fall season, school, football, cooler weather and leaves changing color are all wrapped in one and a way of life. If the Bills are 0 - 16 I will still watch week 17 and once complete be waiting on the next one. Would love to win a SB but it does not consume me. Ah the internet and social media age!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I have been posting back and forth with @GunnerBill for a considerable amount of time. He is one of my favorite posters. We don't always agree but I highly doubt that he is "antagonized" by my posts. If my posts were causing him distress (and I see zero possibility of this) I'm sure that he would let me know and I would gladly apologize.

As for you, if my posts about my views of the Bills antagonize you all THAT much, I do suggest that you employ the ignore feature. It works well, and I intend to use it on you. i don't think that you bring a whole hell of alot to the board, and I'm fairly certain that we will not miss each other.

Being abrasive isn't usually distressing, fam, it's just off-putting

And it's notable that frequently folks who are not in favor of McDermott continuing to be head coach seem unable to just have that opinion without making an inherently personal comment, mild or otherwise, towards those who do not share their opinion

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

My apologies. I just observed yours along with the many other takes of why their level of negativity is so high and your take caught my 👁️‍🗨️, stood out BOLDLY. it doesn't take a professional to see your level of negativity, so it was by no means an assumption, but a real good observation. your list was long and even asked if you need to go on. a post/take like yours, if I may say has a good toll on my mental health, I mean everyone needs a good laugh.   

I just see that if the long list of negative events a team you follow is that long, or even longer, I would have to ask myself why am I still following this team? that is why I said it must take a toll on your "health" as too much negativity can be toxic. it must suck to always have to be so down on your team. I by no means claim the team ranks as one of the best, because they're not. I'm never too high or too low, I'm just grateful there is football on sundays and enjoy watching the buffalo bills, 50+ years now.

good bad or ugly. 

I'm not offended by your take.  I'm not a negative fan but I've been a fan for a very long time.  I don't want to assume your fandom length but, everything on that list I've seen.  I've seen good seasons and bad. All four Super Bowl losses. Wild card wins and losses, divisional wins and losses, AFC Championship wins and losses.  I've seen just about everything a good and a bad Bills team can do.  

You know what I haven't seen? A Super Bowl win.  So, I'm not going to lose my mind and be overcome with glee because the Bills have been good enough to just fiddle around in the playoffs lately.  Been there, done that.  Anything other than a Super Bowl win, it's whatever.  Like I've said, I've seen it.

The only thing that's a bright positive on a weekly basis is watching JA play.

Edited by BIGFOOTspaceman
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It's why ESPN disabled their comments section.  People just constantly fighting each other over and over about their expertise.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Negativity and anger is generally the result of an unmet expectation, and for most of us, there' a legitimate pain felt when expectations we have aren't met.

To be fair, the Bills sometimes exceed our expectations, like beating the Chiefs in the regular season, or the no-punt game, or getting to the AFC Championship game.  Or you see Josh Allen be cool in the playoffs, and then first game back the next season, he's super erratic. (Jets last year.)  Or they go get Von Miller, and then he gets injured.

I think a lot of older fans who experienced the Super Bowl era have a lot of stress from the highs of those championship runs and the lows of the actual Super Bowl game.  The Four Falls of Buffalo is cathartic to some, painful for others.

Those types of games and events create significant emotional highs, and it often lures us into reframing an expectation.

Super great post

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Horsesh*t. You know how you can tell the difference? When things are good the irrational, emotional people are way too high. Everything is perfect for them and they get upset when the realists point out what they think is not. That’s when the realists get called pessimists. But when things go wrong those same irrational and emotional people crash. Suddenly everyone sucks and the team is garbage. I’ve never seen a realist come down on the team like they do. In fact, those same realists keep their even keel and are the ones to tell everyone that things aren’t that bad. They point out that changes need to be made - often the same changes they advocated for when things looked good to many - but that there’s still a lot of good. They are the ones who can see the path forward from bad times. 

Sorry. The real realists don't go around claiming to be realists. There are realists on this board for sure. Everyone knows who they are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Sorry. The real realists don't go around claiming to be realists. There are realists on this board for sure. Everyone knows who they are.

Many realists on TBD, there are those who post that I go to automatically, very insightfull, honest and thought provoking and at times I dont agree but they are realists! And they are not only knowledgeable but have deep respect for the game.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Einstein said:

I think this is accurate.

In 2019 the thought was: “this is fun! but even if we don’t win the Super Bowl, the future is really bright”

And then in 2021, it was: “we should have been in the Super Bowl, if not for a fluky 13 seconds. Future is bright”.

And then by 2023 it was: “uh, it’s now or never. The roster is aging and we have wasted the past 4 years.

In 2024, the future doesn’t look quite as bright. 

What's not bright?  You don't like the roster or the coaching staff?  I loved what I saw out of the defense and the running game against Pittsburgh.  And with Josh throwing it around the yard, and receivers like Shakir Samuel Kincaid Coleman Hollins, etc I am very excited.  I also love our corners.  Aggressive and twitchy.  This is going to be a fun season.  I have been following the Bills since 1976.  We had some ***** teams, ***** rosters and ***** coaches back in parts of the 70's 80's and the god awful draught years.  This is heaven compared to that.  We have a great chance to win every week we line up with Josh Allen at QB.  What more do you want then that Einstein?  

And we got rid of an overpaid malcontent whose game fell off a cliff the second half of last season.  That's reason to feel chipper right there.  I know I was when we got a 2nd for Mr Prima Donna.  

Good god.  I love the game of football.  Have since I was 8 years old.  My older son played from when he was 6 in the pee wee leagues outside of Atlanta through middle school, where his team went undefeated two years in a row in a 32 team very competitive league, through HS where his team played in the state championship in Georgia for 7A football at the Georgia Dome two years in a row, through college at Georgia Southern for 4 years and then pulled his hammy at his pro day a year and a half ago.  And never got his shot in the pros.  (But dam well should have)  And my younger son is a diehard Michigan fan like myself.  Even my daughter is a big football fan living on the west coast.  We all love the Bills.  Watch them every week on the ticket from all over America.  My mother who lives in Toronto had season tickets with her boyfriend through 2017, when he got too old to make the trip every week.  But she watches them every week still.  And so do my brothers who live on the West Coast. 

We all love the team.  And are dam well excited for this season.  We have a great organization.  Great management.  And great coaching.  Have we won the bowl yet?  No.  But we are in the mix every dam year.  And should certainly be this year as well.  I am pumped after every win.  And I see a lot of Bills fans in S Florida where I live a good bit of the time.  And every single one of them is pumped about the Bills, all the time. 

This board does something to people.  Its not good.  But its what it is.  Been posting on here since 2007.  My first post was about the Willis McGahee trade to the Ravens.  (don't remember it now.  But I know we got good value for Willis.  And I always liked his game.  Shame about the injury in the Nat Championship game against the Buckeyes.  He probably would have been an all timer.  But he made the best out of tough situation.  And still had a solid career)  I remember when the Dean was posting on here all the time.  Is he still even alive?

Just one fans perspective is all.. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

What's not bright?  You don't like the roster or the coaching staff?  I loved what I saw out of the defense and the running game against Pittsburgh.  And with Josh throwing it around the yard, and receivers like Shakir Samuel Kincaid Coleman Hollins, etc I am very excited.  I also love our corners.  Aggressive and twitchy.  This is going to be a fun season.  I have been following the Bills since 1976.  We had some ***** teams, ***** rosters and ***** coaches back in parts of the 70's 80's and the god awful draught years.  This is heaven compared to that.  We have a great chance to win every week we line up with Josh Allen at QB.  What more do you want then that Einstein?  

And we got rid of an overpaid malcontent whose game fell off a cliff the second half of last season.  That's reason to feel chipper right there.  I know I was when we got a 2nd for Mr Prima Donna.  

Good god.  I love the game of football.  Have since I was 8 years old.  My older son played from when he was 6 in the pee wee leagues outside of Atlanta through middle school, where his team went undefeated two years in a row in a 32 team very competitive league, through HS where his team played in the state championship in Georgia for 7A football at the Georgia Dome two years in a row, through college at Georgia Southern for 4 years and then pulled his hammy at his pro day a year and a half ago.  And never got his shot in the pros.  (But dam well should have)  And my younger son is a diehard Michigan fan like myself.  Even my daughter is a big football fan living on the west coast.  We all love the Bills.  Watch them every week on the ticket from all over America.  My mother who lives in Toronto had season tickets with her boyfriend through 2017, when he got too old to make the trip every week.  But she watches them every week still.  And so do my brothers who live on the West Coast. 

We all love the team.  And are dam well excited for this season.  We have a great organization.  Great management.  And great coaching.  Have we won the bowl yet?  No.  But we are in the mix every dam year.  And should certainly be this year as well.  I am pumped after every win.  And I see a lot of Bills fans in S Florida where I live a good bit of the time.  And every single one of them is pumped about the Bills, all the time. 

This board does something to people.  Its not good.  But its what it is.  Been posting on here since 2007.  My first post was about the Willis McGahee trade to the Ravens.  (don't remember it now.  But I know we got good value for Willis.  And I always liked his game.  Shame about the injury in the Nat Championship game against the Buckeyes.  He probably would have been an all timer.  But he made the best out of tough situation.  And still had a solid career)  I remember when the Dean was posting on here all the time.  Is he still even alive?

Just one fans perspective is all.. 

Well put, enjoy thr coming season!!!

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

Negativity and anger is generally the result of an unmet expectation, and for most of us, there' a legitimate pain felt when expectations we have aren't met.

To be fair, the Bills sometimes exceed our expectations, like beating the Chiefs in the regular season, or the no-punt game, or getting to the AFC Championship game.  Or you see Josh Allen be cool in the playoffs, and then first game back the next season, he's super erratic. (Jets last year.)  Or they go get Von Miller, and then he gets injured.

I think a lot of older fans who experienced the Super Bowl era have a lot of stress from the highs of those championship runs and the lows of the actual Super Bowl game.  The Four Falls of Buffalo is cathartic to some, painful for others.

Those types of games and events create significant emotional highs, and it often lures us into reframing an expectation.

You have no idea, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 1976, 1977, 1984, 1985, horrible drafts throughout the 60's and 70's; the fire everbody crowd produced some great coaching changes (ha ha). Try sitting in the Rockpile in November with it cold, windy, wet and muddy with your team 1 and 9 competing for OJ. Ill take the four SB losses and the last five years and I think this team will win a SB (horrors optimist).

• Awesome! (+1) 1