Why is this board so negative?

BufBills83

Just a beat down fan base who thinks we reached our peak and are on the downside now because we lost a bunch of aging guys and now we have a bunch of guys injured. At the end of the day we'll be fine. We still have 19 days before kickoff against the Cardinals and most of these "week to week" guys will be back either for the opener or for the Dolphins game in Week 2.

• Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 2

One great thing about this board is the intellectual discussion between people with varying opinions of the Bills and how the organization is managed. This I find to be far more interesting and often educational than reading a board full of posts from people who only see the bright side and will be pom pom wavers for anything and everything the Bills do.

There is plenty of room on TSW for optimists and pessimists alike.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Board is negative? It's just a group of people discussing a football team that we all follow. Not sure what the OP would like. Was this advertised as a cheer leading forum?

And.....Ralph was cheap! 😉

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Because some of us are realists and see this organization as wasting the best talented player it will ever have. Because some of us don’t look through everything with rose colored glasses. Because some of us actually want the team to do well at some point in their lives, and they know that the path we are now on is not it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

25 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Just a beat down fan base who thinks we reached our peak and are on the downside now 

I think this is accurate.

In 2019 the thought was: “this is fun! but even if we don’t win the Super Bowl, the future is really bright”

And then in 2021, it was: “we should have been in the Super Bowl, if not for a fluky 13 seconds. Future is bright”.

And then by 2023 it was: “uh, it’s now or never. The roster is aging and we have wasted the past 4 years.

In 2024, the future doesn’t look quite as bright. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Because some of us are realists and see this organization as wasting the best talented player it will ever have. Because some of us don’t look through everything with rose colored glasses. Because some of us actually want the team to do well at some point in their lives, and they know that the path we are now on is not it. 

The best talented player it will ever have.  Josh is a great player, but Bruce Smith, OJ, Thurman, and Jimbo all say hello, as does the kid playing pee wee today that in a few years becomes a stud for the Bills.  

But you do you.

33 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

Asking for a friend.

So folks get their jollies being incessantly negative.  No idea why.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Pry the depressing feeling that we're wasting the most physically talented QB to ever play the game of football's career.

I agree with your post, and I actually agree with most of your posts on this board. But could you please do me a favor and drop the word "pry" in his context? You are using it quite often, and it does not make any sense anywhere. The expression you are looking for could be "pray tell", which is rather archaic but at leasty makes sense, something like "please explain".

Edited by DrW

1 minute ago, DrW said:

I agree with your post, and I actually agree with most of your posts on this board. But could you please do me a favor and drop the word "pry" in his context? You are using it quite often, and it does not make any sense anywhere. The expression you are looking for could be "pray tell", which is rather archaic but at leasty makes sense.

“Probably”

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1