JAGun Offense

I’d be real happy with the “catch the damn ball” offense, 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I always kinda liked how the Patriots did it with Brady. They would go hurry up when they felt like they had an advantageous defensive look, or after a big play. It always caught the defense off guard, especially since they didn't do it all the time, just sporadically. I feel like that should be in the arsenal of every offense, but you don't see it much.

Part of the issue is that defenses are so complex and disguised these days that the offense needs a bit of time to diagnose and make checks. Still, the hurry up can force defenses into simple calls too...

They'd also do it just when they felt they had a team on the ropes. It was psychological warfare. Like say 10-0 up first quarter and their defense forced a 3 or 4 and out they'd come out, go up-tempo for a drive on offense when the opposition D hadn't had much rest and if they scored and it was 17-0 it would be a hammer blow to teams. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 8/20/2024 at 7:01 PM, USCGBILLSFAN said:

Well now you are just being an ass....but the red endzones might be fun

USC,  it won’t work anymore as defenses caught up, and yes this is brought up every August.  The primary reason it worked so well was outside if the 80’s Bengals under Wyche, the Bills were one of the first teams to run this offense.

opposing teams caught up.  Besides someone else already wrote we have the #1 offense as an aggregate for the last four years.