JAGun Offense

23 minutes ago, USCGBILLSFAN said:

Yes i was a bills fan at that time, i was very much aware of that.  So basically you think this team is crap and has no shot?

Bado seemingly always feels that way about the team, hasn’t had a good word to say without tossing in a “ but reversal “  since I first signed up with this outfit, it’s his mode of communication, 😁👍

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, USCGBILLSFAN said:

Yes i was a bills fan at that time, i was very much aware of that.  So basically you think this team is crap and has no shot?

No, he just thinks the WRs are the worst we’ve have in the last 40 years.  But he knows that Josh Allen is elite and has the ability to give this team a chance

1 hour ago, USCGBILLSFAN said:

So imagine what they could do with a hurry up O killing defenses and not allowing them to breath

What happens if they fail to convert 1st downs efficiently therefore killing our defense and not allowing them to breathe. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, I Am The Liquor said:

One of the high points of the emotionless corpse era Bills!

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/22-how-often-will-no-huddle-be-used-541965

Wow, thanks for the reminder! Let's run no huddle with Jason Peters holding out, Langston Walker at left tackle, and 0 games experience for our interior lineman. Then let's fire the OC 1 week before the opener. Brilliant I tell you!

So imagine what they could do with a hurry up O killing defenses and not allowing them to breath

Yes full time no huddle offence, only going to huddle to run the clock out

hmmm...you may be onto something

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

This comes up every year.  Love the 90s Bills, they were a big part of my childhood but it's time to look forward.  

Like clockwork.

• Haha (+1) 1

Could Josh and this offense recreate some form of the KGun offense of the early 90s?

Keep defenses on their heels and wear them out by halftime and rack up unfathomable point totals?

With all the injuries on he defence, does the offence become our best defence?

ICYMI, McDermott has been pushing this team in the opposite direction with his “complimentary football” directives. 

Here is what i will say in defense of the KGun style offense.  Josh while still young is better and smarter than jim kelly and can improvise better.  Yes there are pitfalls with a 3 and out, but there were back then too, for the most part it got us to the SB.  

You put these receivers in a position to run and gun youll out flank a defence before they know what happens.

0-4 in superbowls, yes, but they never adjusted they way josh can the defense we have is smarter and more agile than the 90s defense.  We have lost cause of poor defense you give our defense the ability to teeoff on QBs they will do the job, if they play prevent, they dont prevent a damn thing.

We don't have the WR horses we had in the early '90s. The K-Gun had receivers running free in the secondary. When is the last time you saw that with the JAGun?

Plus it requires special conditioning to go no huddle for a half or a game.

The No huddle might work as a change-up during a drive -- it forces the D to play its base defense, which should make JA's reads simplier.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Do you realize the Bills offense under Allen has been far better than it was even under Kelly?

They already are #1 in the NFL over the last 4 years combined in points per game, 3rd down conversions and fewest punts. 

The problem with running a "JAGun" is that due to interceptions which are near highest opponents would get more opportunities and Bills defense would wear down faster.

2 hours ago, USCGBILLSFAN said:

Did you know who any of the guys were on the KGun before they were the KGun?

Tracks....

2 hours ago, USCGBILLSFAN said:

If you were a Bills fan at the time, then how can you seriously ask this question? There were no anonymous faces on the Bills O prior to the K-Gun.

I have no idea what Brady is scheming up.  But some thoughts...

Gronk and Hernandez once combined for 2,237 yards.  Maybe Brady plans on leaning on his TE duo.

CMC once had over 1,000 yards receiving out of the backfield.  Maybe Brady has big plans for Cook and Davis.  

I'm just saying, we have some other targets besides the wideouts.  No doubt, a passing offense that emphasizes the backs and TEs would look different than the Daboll EP scheme that both Dabs and Dorsey ran.  But it could work.

• Agree 1

I always kinda liked how the Patriots did it with Brady. They would go hurry up when they felt like they had an advantageous defensive look, or after a big play. It always caught the defense off guard, especially since they didn't do it all the time, just sporadically. I feel like that should be in the arsenal of every offense, but you don't see it much.

Part of the issue is that defenses are so complex and disguised these days that the offense needs a bit of time to diagnose and make checks. Still, the hurry up can force defenses into simple calls too...