Keon Coleman Plays

MikePJ76

Cool post, very interesting!

I think you're right on a lot of them, but on the 2ne one, did Keon stop there or did he keep running inside? I think Josh hits him if that's where he stopped on the comeback, but if he kept running inside, think there's a decent chance of being picked off even if Josh was in. 

Then again, I'm just being nitpicky, but I hope he gets more opportunities in the future!

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're never going to be able to evaluate any of these new wrs while Trubisky & DiNucci are on the field.  It's basically pointless. And because we're terrified they'll get injured,  we'll see them for just a few seconds over the span of 3 preseason games. By the time week 1 roles around,  we'll have no clue what we have receiver-wise?  

Agreed.  The Bills will evaluate film to see how the receivers run their routes.  Who gains separation, who doesn't.  A lot of the evaluation will have to be in  practice sessions at Highmark.  I miss the days when we called it "The Ralph."  

The real deal here is, nothing matters until the games count.  Keon getting open against vanilla zones is a positive sign, at least he’s seeing those areas and he’s not getting jammed up at the line.  

I don’t know what to make of this pick, on one hand, I like the idea of a bigger bodied guy with athleticism to go up and take the ball, I’m not super worried about him being 1/10th of a second slow in a straight line, track contest, it is what it is.  I hope he turns into a Brandon Marshall/ Anquon Boldin type of guy that’s just impossible for defenders to stop. 

On the other hand, I feel like this team really needed a guy to take the top off the D and if they were hell bent on a big bodied guy, they could have approached the draft differently, his skill set typically goes later in a draft, see Gabe Davis, Baker this year etc.  I’m not saying he is the exact same as those guys, time will tell.  I would have preferred to go with the elite traits early and settled to a possession guy later.  Raw skill wise, Worthy looked like the pick, I love what Mitchell brings too, so there were others that I feel might have been the better choice where they drafted.   I hope I’m dead wrong, he turns into an absolute monster and can’t be stopped.

On 8/20/2024 at 4:55 PM, Charles Romes said:

1. It was clearly a drop

2. I’m glad he dropped it, because if he caught it he’d be out for three weeks. 

Yup I couldnt agree more... if he layed out for that he was gonna get popped. But it was a drop.... straight up NFL player needs to catch that.