Keon Coleman Plays

MikePJ76

Just killing time here at the moment and went and looked at the all 22.  Not going to talk about the slant at the goal line because I have said my peace here, it was a terrible throw and as Bill Walsh said slants are to be six inches in front of the numbers and never high.

anyway,

Here are a couple of plays where I think had Josh Allen been in the game the ball goes to Coleman and a few of them are chunk plays of 20 yards (ish).  For whatever reason Trubisky did not even look his way a number of times and another time it was Ben Dinucci and you can not put any fault on him after being on the team for 3 days.

This play  Coleman ran from outside on the left he was wide open and although trubisky had pressure if that is Josh, that ball is going to Coleman.  Its a 20 yard play missed.

KC-Deep-IN.jpg

Here is a simple curl, pressure again but if that is Josh that ball is going to coleman.

KC-Curl.jpg

Here off of play action coleman is running a cross and again although there is pressure this is a ball Allen is firing to Coleman

KC-PADRAG.jpg

KC-PADRAG-2.jpg

This play Coleman is wide open and who knows how far he will run, this is DiNucci though and its not fair to blame him.  But in the regular season if a team plays a zone coverage like this Allen is hitting Coleman for a big play

KC-wideopen9.jpg

This play is the Trubisky interception where he was just staring to his left and then made a horrific throw, again if this is Allen I believe this ball is going to Coleman who is right in the window of the zone between the corner and safety.  This could be a play where Coleman gets a high ball and has to go up and get it on the sideline.  This is another 20 yard play.

KC-interception.jpg

anyway, its preseason so teams are just sitting in zones and not really scheming to force quarterbacks to move, or to throw it to a certain spot etc...but if Coleman gets these looks in the regular season Allen is going to hit him.   I think the stuff I have read about this kid is pretty foolish and pretty premature.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 20

Just now, Charles Romes said:

I would not read much into the all 22 given how bad Trubisky has regressed.  DBs are just have to watch Trubisky. 

Just pointing out The kid was open and if allen is in the game and they get zone looks like this he is going to fire the ball to coleman on a bunch of these plays.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

We're never going to be able to evaluate any of these new wrs while Trubisky & DiNucci are on the field.  It's basically pointless. And because we're terrified they'll get injured,  we'll see them for just a few seconds over the span of 3 preseason games. By the time week 1 roles around,  we'll have no clue what we have receiver-wise?  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're never going to be able to evaluate any of these new wrs while Trubisky & DiNucci are on the field.  It's basically pointless. And because we're terrified they'll get injured,  we'll see them for just a few seconds over the span of 3 preseason games. By the time week 1 roles around,  we'll have no clue what we have receiver-wise?  

Pretty much, at least as far as us fans go.  But the coaches have seen a lot of these guys working with Josh during camp and the reports were mostly positive (before the injuries).  I guess I'm just going to look at things through rose colored glasses until reality hits (whatever that may turn out to be) during weeks 1 and 2.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Not sure I completely agree on a couple of those. The safeties are in position to get there and contest the catches, or at least make a tackle after the reception. But, generally you are correct.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, MJS said:

Not sure I completely agree on a couple of those. The safeties are in position to get there and contest the catches, or at least make a tackle after the reception. But, generally you are correct.

which plays do you think the safeties are going to make the play?  

None of the WRs can be evaluated outside of practice due to how terrible the backup QB play has been. Dinucci gets an exception since he is new to team. However, still have concerns about the passing offense till we see how Allen does in the regular season and how he operates in Brady's system.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Potentially the last two.

I kind of think he is wide open in those last two.

The last one, the interception play, he is as wide open as you get vs that zone.  If its allen he is going to throw him to the sideline about the pittsburgh, 46 or 47 and the safety has no shot to get there.  

The other one I mean the corner is in cover 2 or something and squatting and that is a simple throw over the top to coleman.  

They both require good throws on time though so I can see why you think the safeties might make plays but to me he is wide open.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

This play  Coleman ran from outside on the left he was wide open and although trubisky had pressure if that is Josh, that ball is going to Coleman.  Its a 20 yard play missed.

KC-Deep-IN.jpg

Yea, whoof on that one. WTF is Trubisky doing trying to bail there? That is a wide open NFL throw. 

Here is a simple curl, pressure again but if that is Josh that ball is going to coleman.

KC-Curl.jpg

If this is the play I'm thinking of it was a designed sprint out right play for the Quarterback so I think that one he is running the route for eye candy not much more. 

Here off of play action coleman is running a cross and again although there is pressure this is a ball Allen is firing to Coleman

KC-PADRAG.jpg

KC-PADRAG-2.jpg

That is a hard throw under pressure. Maybe Allen makes it but my guess is Allen runs around the defender closing and tries to pick up the 1st with his legs. 

This play Coleman is wide open and who knows how far he will run, this is DiNucci though and its not fair to blame him.  But in the regular season if a team plays a zone coverage like this Allen is hitting Coleman for a big play

KC-wideopen9.jpg

Agreed. That was the one I spotted during the game too. That was a well designed concept. Unfortunately DiNucci doesn't know the playbook. 

This play is the Trubisky interception where he was just staring to his left and then made a horrific throw, again if this is Allen I believe this ball is going to Coleman who is right in the window of the zone between the corner and safety.  This could be a play where Coleman gets a high ball and has to go up and get it on the sideline.  This is another 20 yard play.

KC-interception.jpg

The defender there is following the QBs eyes. Coleman is not as open as he looks by that point because the DB has already seen where Mitch is going with the ball. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

None of the WRs can be evaluated outside of practice due to how terrible the backup QB play has been. Dinucci gets an exception since he is new to team. However, still have concerns about the passing offense till we see how Allen does in the regular season and how he operates in Brady's system.

my point was that if we get simple zone looks like this in games, Coleman is showing he is wide open a number of times and I believe Allen gets him the ball in all of these plays.

Trubisky was terrible saturday.  I get you can't evaluate the offense as a whole but If Allen was playing I think coleman would have had a nice day saturday.  The same way worthy had a nice couple of catches saturday with mahomes and wentz, they were looking to throw him the ball and I think Allen would have done the same.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If this is the play I'm thinking of it was a designed sprint out right play for the Quarterback so I think that one he is running the route for eye candy not much more. 

The defender there is following the QBs eyes. Coleman is not as open as he looks by that point because the DB has already seen where Mitch is going with the ball. 

I don't see that as a sprint out, Trubisky felt pressure and bailed to his right.  I think allen before the snaps anticipates going to coleman on a play like this and even at that if he gets pressure he will move to his left because Davis and Coleman are open.

on the interception play, to me Coleman is wide open in the hole between the safety and corner and with Colemans leaping abilities Allen is going to put that on the sideline about the pittsburgh 46 or so.

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I don't see that as a sprint out, Trubisky felt pressure and bailed to his right.  I think allen before the snaps anticipates going to coleman on a play like this and even at that if he gets pressure he will move to his left because Davis and Coleman are open.

on the interception play, to me Coleman is wide open in the hole between the safety and corner and with Colemans leaping abilities Allen is going to put that on the sideline about the pittsburgh 46 or so.

If it is the play I am thinking of it was a definite designed roll out. He definitely had one, about that down and distance and going that way. I don't have access yet to the all22... we sometimes wait longer this side of the pond for it to drop. But will double check it once I do to see if it is the play I'm thinking of. 

On the INT he looks wide open at that point because the DB has stopped playing the play. He is looking right at Mitch who is winding up to throw middle of the field. Go back a second or two there he isn't wide open. 

There are two plays from that collection that to me are slam dunk going to Coleman if Josh is in. The first one and the penultimate one. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

If it is the play I am thinking of it was a definite designed roll out. He definitely had one, about that down and distance and going that way. I don't have access yet to the all22... we sometimes wait longer this side of the pond for it to drop. But will double check it once I do to see if it is the play I'm thinking of. 

On the INT he looks wide open at that point because the DB has stopped playing the play. He is looking right at Mitch who is winding up to throw middle of the field. Go back a second or two there he isn't wide open. 

There are two plays from that collection that to me are slam dunk going to Coleman if Josh is in. The first one and the penultimate one. 

I am not sure that play is sprint out though, could be.  Ray Davis was sneaking out to the left which kind of seems like it wouldn't be part of a play like that.

Just now, Beast said:

DiNucci has an excuse.

So does Trubisky. That being he sucks.

DiNucci just got here.

he has stunk everywhere else he has been but he hasn't had a chance to stink here yet to be fair

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MJS said:

yeah, i agree.  You can isolate nearly any receiver in any game and point out where he was open but didn't get a target.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I kind of think he is wide open in those last two.

The last one, the interception play, he is as wide open as you get vs that zone.  If its allen he is going to throw him to the sideline about the pittsburgh, 46 or 47 and the safety has no shot to get there.  

The other one I mean the corner is in cover 2 or something and squatting and that is a simple throw over the top to coleman.  

They both require good throws on time though so I can see why you think the safeties might make plays but to me he is wide open.

It just depends on when the QB pulls the trigger. If the ball is already in the air at the time of those snapshots, it is probably a reception. But if he throws it right then, I think the safeties get there. Holes close up faster than you think, and safeties can cover ground. Luckily, Josh also has a powerful arm and can zip those in there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

yeah, i agree.  You can isolate nearly any receiver in any game and point out where he was open but didn't get a target.

well that is not what I did, what I did was grab some frames from plays where I think Allen will hit coleman if he gets these types of looks and is this wide open.  We have a pretty good quarterback and I think he is going to hit Coleman for some big plays on the sideline this year and eventually over the middle for a few.

• Like (+1) 5