(Trigger Warning) Haven’t been this disinterested in an upcoming Bills season in a long time

JaCrispy

This board can be pretty surreal.

We have Josh Allen. I am stoked for September.  And I will be every single year that we have Josh Allen.

I have no idea what to expect - but I think we absolutely could be as competitive as any team we've had in the JA era. People are freaking out about the WR position, but this still has potential to be a potent offense w/ 2 very good TE's and an improved running game.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

This board can be pretty surreal.

We have Josh Allen. I am stoked for September.  And I will be every single year that we have Josh Allen.

I have no idea what to expect - but I think we absolutely could be as competitive as any team we've had in the JA era. People are freaking out about the WR position, but this still has potential to be a potent offense w/ 2 very good TE's and an improved running game.  

KC is arguably even worse off at WR, but no one points that out 

• Like (+1) 1

Personally, I'm entirely invested in this season.

The fact that Josh is our QB and McD is running our defense already makes us competitive.  Josh is an offensive force of nature and McD is the kind of defensive schemer who can make lemonade out of lemons.  

I'm super curious to see what Brady will do.  Daboll failed in his first stints as an OC but learned a lot through those, and other, experiences.  He put a lot of points on the scoreboard with the Bills.  Brady is young and smart.  Maybe this is the year he emerges as a top OC.  Maybe not.  Whatever happens, I want to see it.

I'm super curious about the receiver group.  Are they as bad as the pessimists fear or as good as the optimists hope?  How will Samuel do with a good QB?  Will Shakir continue his growth?   Will Keon prove he was worthy of a high draft pick?  Will Kincaid breakout as a legitimate star?  Will Kincaid-Knox be the new Gronk-Hernandez, minus the shootings?  

I'm curious about the secondary with Hyde, Poyer, and White all gone.   In fact, I remain curious about nearly everything.  And while I doubt if a Super Bowl is in the cards, I do expect a good (playoff) season.

• Like (+1) 4

I'm kind of with the op. I was so excited for 2021 coming off 13 seconds. Even last year getting through the Hamlin mess, but with the failures over the last 3 years, I feel a little less excited.  

Once the year goes along, and if they play some good football, I'm sure it will all come back. Let's hope for the best version of Allen yet, and this could still be a super bowl.  I'm definitely not in the 9-8 boat. 

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Just wondering, why 3rd? In particular, what have the dolphins done over the last couple of years that shows they are better than the Bills? I get it, they have some speed on offense, but is their coach really as good as everyone says he is? IMO that defense should not scare any team in the league 

Jets and Dolphins both have rosters that far surpass that of the Bills imo. The question remains, can they put it all together and consistently win games. We'll see! 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'm always excited for the season. No change here. I do think this is the weakest Bills roster in 5 or 6 years but that does not affect my enjoyment. I was excited for the season in the 7-9 years too. If sport isn't fun then stop watching. There are hobbies that play with your emotions far less so if you don't enjoy it don't watch it.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sounds like a personal problem, 😂🤣

Although I do find most of the preseason and in season coverage to be worthless dribble, especially the endless boring content for contents sake to fill time,  the media bloggers could stand to get to the point for a change and shorten their shows by fifty percent, especially a fair number of the Cover 1 folk, talk about a bunch of rambling nonsense that goes on for an hour and a half at a time, Christ, talk about making a fun subject boring as hell, let’s see now , hmmm, yup, I do feel a bit better now, 😁👍 , time for a cup of  “King Bean” Bourbon Barrel aged coffee ️…,  it’s my morning martini…, 

Just now, K D said:

Jets and Dolphins both have rosters that far surpass that of the Bills imo. The question remains, can they put it all together and consistently win games. We'll see! 

The Dolphins don't IMO. Their receivers are better and their safties are better (can say that of two thirds of the league this year). The only other position I give them an edge is running back. Everywhere else I'll take the Bills. It was less commented upon but the Dolphins lost guys this offseason too. 

I can take an argument that the Jets roster is better - it certainly has some young ascending guys. That all comes down to whether the jerk playing Quarterback still cares and can still play.

• Like (+1) 3

I actually feel more negatively about beane than mcd now.  I don't feel beane has given mcd a good enough roster.  Granted, I don't know how much mcd is involved with the roster moves.  But now that the bills have less available $$$, so they have to rely on draft picks.  I feel beane has not provide the team enough high end talent from the drafts.

• Like (+1) 2

Some of you guys are so spoiled.  Its now superbowl win or you dont care anymore.  Thats just crazy to me.  Yes, I want a superbowl but I still enjoy the season regardless.  Some of you dont even enjoy games at all anymore. Its like you might as well not bother watching or cheering unless its the superbowl.  On top of that, we are still contenders IMO.

I still cant wait for the season to start. I never get hyped for preseason games because they are meaningless and if the starters arent playing, I just dont care. They wont be playing this week either so I dont care.  I just hope they arent sloppy af week 1 because they were too afraid of playing starters.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

I am sure once the season starts, you will become very interested again.  

Oh don’t get me wrong…I will still watch every game and root my a$$ off for the team…

Its just that if they lose it won’t be as big of a let down, like in previous years, because I have lowered expectations…👍

54 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm always excited for the season. No change here. I do think this is the weakest Bills roster in 5 or 6 years but that does not affect my enjoyment. I was excited for the season in the 7-9 years too. If sport isn't fun then stop watching. There are hobbies that play with your emotions far less so if you don't enjoy it don't watch it.

I agree with this - for the most part.

When we're good, I watch every game during the season.  During the 7-9 years, I watched most games but allowed myself a Sunday off here and there if we had an interesting family adventure planned.   

Maybe it was a good thing Sunday Ticket didn't exist during the 2-14 era because I missed a lot of those games and don't regret it.  

Barring something unforseen coming up, I'll watch every game this season again.

39 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

It's been almost every year since 13 seconds for me. Kind of just waiting out McDermott 

same but i still enjoy the games and the symphony of it all

imo theres only a little space between not anticipating a super bowl victory and knowing your hc is incapable of one so dont let that squeeze out your enjoyment

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I remember, for years, I couldn’t get enough camp info from wgr, or podcasts, over the summer…Every half hour update on the radio about trades or signings, or how Josh did at the latest practice…

We were an ascending team, and I was so high, knowing the sky was the limit…

Well, it looks like we may have reached our ceiling…And it sucks knowing that we clearly aren’t as good as we were when we were Super Bowl contenders…

I know the transition to a younger, cheaper team had to be done…And, with that said, I originally predicted a record of 9-8, and missing the playoffs- especially with that schedule…woof!

However, if injuries continue to mount, I could easily see us getting a top 15 pick in the draft next year- which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing…

Imo, this team desperately needs an infusion of top end talent, to get back to where we were 2 years ago…Really hoping we keep both our 2nd rounders instead of trading up with them….👍

But there is hope…If all goes well, and the moves the FO has made the last few years pan out, I could see us being legit Super Bowl contenders again in a year or two…

Ja, I know all these years you’re a real Bills fan.  Don’t lose hope buddy.  We may be in a transition year, but I’m not giving up on 10-7 to 11-6.  We’ll have tons of $ next year and can infuse some serious talent.

youre the last person I would’ve thought losing faith.  Hang in there bud.

we’ll be ok.

Dan

• Like (+1) 3