(Trigger Warning) Haven’t been this disinterested in an upcoming Bills season in a long time

JaCrispy

47 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Perspective.

Bills currently have the 6th-8th highest likelihood of winning the Super Bowl out of any team in the league.

What would you give during the drought to not only have a top 3 QB on the team, but also those odds to actually win the whole thing?

Dont wish these years away. They are very, very rare. Especially in a market the size of Buffalo.

It's all perspective. 

During the drought we had bad QBs and bad coaching

Now we have a top 3 QB and a coach that is wasting him

• Like (+1) 1

I can't wait.  Watching them build a real running game and having high end tight ends is what I have been waiting for.

You win playing physical football late in the year.  IMO, they are on the right track.

They just need to improve the defensive line over the next offseason and this can be a really talented physical football team.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

With McD you’re reliving the same post season collapse nightmare every year.  I think it’s natural to lose some interest until he’s replaced or demonstrates post season competence with the 2nd best QB in the nfl 

I know what you mean. 

In my case I don't really lose interest but my expectations are lowered because of McDermott.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

June 23, 2023 is the day it completely flatlined for me.  The day Terry gave contract extensions two years early for both GM and HC.  It completely clarified the belief that ownerships view of “sustained success” did not begin and end with actually winning a Super Bowl.  Just making playoffs and losing horribly every year was ok as long as the culture of faith, family and football was sustained.

I have a theory about that.  Pegula also owns the Sabres, and they have been a non-playoff trainwreck for a LONG time.  I believe he thinks the Bills are in good hands and does not want another Sabres situation.  So he will stick with Beane and McDermott for longer than most owners would.

• Like (+1) 1

Funny, a few weeks ago all of the training camp reviews were about how well the offense was playing and some around here saying we would have the greatest offense ever.  A couple meaningless preseason games later where MVP candidate JA has played one quarter, and some are now ready to jump off a bridge.  Come on people, pull yourselves together!

29 minutes ago, K D said:

Rebuilding year.

Hot take - Bills won't make the playoffs and possibly finish 3rd in the division. Don't @ me bro

Just wondering, why 3rd? In particular, what have the dolphins done over the last couple of years that shows they are better than the Bills? I get it, they have some speed on offense, but is their coach really as good as everyone says he is? IMO that defense should not scare any team in the league 

I'm a chicken little by nature, so I obviously feel what JaCrispy is saying, though he's probably more optimistic than I am when looking towards the future.  Still, I'll be glued to the team once the season kicks off.  I see 6-to-10 wins, all depending on how luck/injuries shake out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Funny, a few weeks ago all of the training camp reviews were about how well the offense was playing and some around here saying we would have the greatest offense ever.  A couple meaningless preseason games later where MVP candidate JA has played one quarter, and some are now ready to jump off a bridge.  Come on people, pull yourselves together!

The injuries especially to Milano and now Samuel have fans depressed/worried. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I remember, for years, I couldn’t get enough camp info from wgr, or podcasts, over the summer…Every half hour update on the radio about trades or signings, or how Josh did at the latest practice…

We were an ascending team, and I was so high, knowing the sky was the limit…

Well, it looks like we may have reached our ceiling…And it sucks knowing that we clearly aren’t as good as we were when we were Super Bowl contenders…

I know the transition to a younger, cheaper team had to be done…And, with that said, I originally predicted a record of 9-8, and missing the playoffs- especially with that schedule…woof!

However, if injuries continue to mount, I could easily see us getting a top 15 pick in the draft next year- which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing…

Imo, this team desperately needs an infusion of top end talent, to get back to where we were 2 years ago…Really hoping we keep both our 2nd rounders instead of trading up with them….👍

But there is hope…If all goes well, and the moves the FO has made the last few years pan out, I could see us being legit Super Bowl contenders again in a year or two…

I'm right there with you, they're going to phillip rivers our boy josh... Pegs is too much of a little girl to get rid of the glaring hole (mcdermott)... meanwhile KCs GM is slaying... they never miss a beat... we get guys like devin singletary and chase claypool on a prayer... wild. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

The excuses from McDermott and his fanboys are already starting. Injuries, dead money, development of young guys, etc. We will never go anywhere with these clowns in charge. The sad thing is we have three seasons of continued failure before Terry will be forced to do anything about it. As long as we don’t bottom out like the Sabres we are stuck with him and his excuses and faith and culture nonsense.

Edited by MWK
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Having too high (or too low) of "expectations" seems to be a problem for many fans, especially on this board.

Every year is a completely new football season with so many possible scenarios it seems foolish to me to try to "guess" what will happen.

The Buffalo Bills have a very good chance of having that dream season we all hope for.  I for one am looking forward to this season.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I remember, for years, I couldn’t get enough camp info from wgr, or podcasts, over the summer…Every half hour update on the radio about trades or signings, or how Josh did at the latest practice…

Well, it looks like we may have reached our ceiling…And it sucks knowing that we clearly aren’t as good as we were when we were Super Bowl contenders…

I know the transition to a younger, cheaper team had to be done…And, with that said, I originally predicted a record of 9-8, and missing the playoffs- especially with that schedule…woof!

However, if injuries continue to mount, I could easily see us getting a top 15 pick in the draft next year- which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing…

Imo, this team desperately needs an infusion of top end talent, to get back to where we were 2 years ago…Really hoping we keep both our 2nd rounders instead of trading up with them….👍

But there is hope…If all goes well, and the moves the FO has made the last few years pan out, I could see us being legit Super Bowl contenders again in a year or two…

Welcome to the club.

The infusion of top-end talen will come when Josh plays for four quarters in an actual game. Defense is a little worrisome, sure.

I wrote this the other day:

The Bills can legitimately claim to be better than 20 teams in the league simply by saying, "We have McDermott and Allen, and you don't." That alone makes the Bills better than 20 teams.

So, if they're better than 20 teams, that means they're in the top 12, which means they're in the playoffs.  That means they're good.  

How good depends on a lot of unknowable things that will happen between now and January.

The Bills are contenders. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

So which is more absurd? The people who were so high in the offense from a few days of camp? Or the people jumping off bridges now?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1