(Trigger Warning) Haven’t been this disinterested in an upcoming Bills season in a long time

JaCrispy

Perspective.

Bills currently have the 6th-8th highest likelihood of winning the Super Bowl out of any team in the league.

What would you give during the drought to not only have a top 3 QB on the team, but also those odds to actually win the whole thing?

Dont wish these years away. They are very, very rare. Especially in a market the size of Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

What…no…how did you even get that out of my post?  I’m simply saying it’s frustrating having the 2nd best QB in the NFL, the best Bills QB of all time, and can’t make the SB year in and year out after dominating the regular season.  I have little to no confidence McD can get us to the promise land because of previous results.  

Your post implied that you wanted a guy who has shown he can consistently beat Mahomes and the Chiefs in the playoffs. I get the frustration, just didn’t follow your logic 

• Like (+1) 2

They need a lot more things to go perfectly right than ever before under McD.  It may work out but the preseason hasn’t gone well.  If they’re truly resetting this year the key is to do it in a way that preserves Allen’s physical and mental health.  Won’t be easy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Imo, this team desperately needs an infusion of top end talent, to get back to where we were 2 years ago…Really hoping we keep both our 2nd rounders instead of trading up with them….👍

Beane prefers to oversaturate with Mid talent instead of investing in a handful of elite playmakers.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's been tough to keep a true contender year after year ever since FA came into being and although i agree there is a possibility that we could miss the play offs as long as JA is at the ready & McD & Beane are making the big decisions our team always has a shot at it .

I do think that there needs to be a infusion of top end talent but i hope they have found a few of those in the draft and they can develop quickly by seasons end to keep the team in the top . Injuries like those to Millano always suck but i hope he will rehab this one & be back in top form by the end of the season and be once again a part of a play off run .

Rebuilding is always going to be part of the NFL equation at some point due to cap constraints but i think if Beane & company can continue to draft well the Bills will always be in the hunt until Josh can no longer play or decides to retire .

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I remember, for years, I couldn’t get enough camp info from wgr, or podcasts, over the summer…Every half hour update on the radio about trades or signings, or how Josh did at the latest practice…

We were an ascending team, and I was so high, knowing the sky was the limit…

Well, it looks like we may have reached our ceiling…And it sucks knowing that we clearly aren’t as good as we were when we were Super Bowl contenders…

I know the transition to a younger, cheaper team had to be done…And, with that said, I originally predicted a record of 9-8, and missing the playoffs- especially with that schedule…woof!

However, if injuries continue to mount, I could easily see us getting a top 15 pick in the draft next year- which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing…

Imo, this team desperately needs an infusion of top end talent, to get back to where we were 2 years ago…Really hoping we keep both our 2nd rounders instead of trading up with them….👍

But there is hope…If all goes well, and the moves the FO has made the last few years pan out, I could see us being legit Super Bowl contenders again in a year or two…

I've also been really disinterested this offseason.  I don't know that its necessarily that i don't think the team will do well though.  Moreso i just think offseason content has little pops of interesting things happen, and for the most part its just people blabbing about camp and preseason.  We all know... none of this translates to the regular season.  We were absolutely carved up by pittsburgh last year, and their offense was atrocious.  

Crispy why so cranky??  The D will be better than last year with more QB pressures and turn overs.  Josh will have a strong O line with a better run game.  The WRs will be just fine.  We’ll win 11-12 games.  Anything can happened in the playoffs.  Feel better now Crispy?

1 minute ago, T master said:

It's been tough to keep a true contender year after year ever since FA came into being and although i agree there is a possibility that we could miss the play offs as long as JA is at the ready & McD & Beane are making the big decisions our team always has a shot at it .

I do think that there needs to be a infusion of top end talent but i hope they have found a few of those in the draft and they can develop quickly by seasons end to keep the team in the top . Injuries like those to Millano always suck but i hope he will rehab this one & be back in top form by the end of the season and be once again a part of a play off run .

Rebuilding is always going to be part of the NFL equation at some point due to cap constraints but i think if Beane & company can continue to draft well the Bills will always be in the hunt until Josh can no longer play or decides to retire .

The Bills options the last 2 years were to begin to rebuild, or double down.  They thought that group could get over the top, so they doubled down on the roster and they didn't win.  Now the rebuild has begun, and the cap situation is very challenging in year 1 because of the contract structures to add to the roster the last 2 seasons. 

And now our star player on defense just got hurt, which really sucks. The team needs some emerging players to become stars (Oliver, Bernard, Rousseau) or re-find their star power (Von).  On offense, you have one of the best players in the league, behind an underrated offensive line.  I see no reason that they won't be a top 10 offense for that reason alone. 

They should be able to run the ball pretty effectively, and even with Samuel's toe setback - Shakir, Kincaid, Knox, Cook, Coleman are going to be just fine.  It's just a weird feeling knowing they probably aren't really going to be in the mix for the "top offense" in the league. 

Chiefs were 10-6 in games started by Mahomes last season, and it was his worst season of his career statistically.  They were 9th in total yards offensively, 15th in points.  They had the #2 defense in yards and points - i don't think buffalo will get there.  So how do the bills punch a ticket this season?  What could flip things buffalos direction? Turnovers. 

If buffalo can continue to create turnovers on defense as they have under Mcdermott, while also playing more of a ball control offense and avoid turning it over as much - they can make the playoffs.  Once you're in - its anyone's game, and you want to be playing ur best ball come January.   

I’m also not super enthusiastic for the season after Saturday. Watched Mahomes on the Acrisure Stadium jumbotron throw backyard behind the back passes while playing a full half to find our coach thinks our QB can’t play a single snap on slightly moist turf. The most valuable asset in the NFL was loose and had fun, while our QB was in moisture lock because he might get a boo boo. 

You know, against a quarter and change of Russell Wilson and the rest of the game against Fields who danced the lambada all over the place. But then Tomlin must be just a gambler, right?  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, benderbender said:

I’m also not super enthusiastic for the season after Saturday. Watched Mahomes on the Acrisure Stadium jumbotron throw backyard behind the back passes while playing a full half to find our coach thinks our QB can’t play a single snap on slightly moist turf. The most valuable asset in the NFL was loose and had fun, while our QB was in moisture lock because he might get a boo boo. 

You know, against a quarter and change of Russell Wilson and the rest of the game against Fields who danced the lambada all over the place. But then Tomlin must be just a gambler, right?  

If you are having a QB competition, the QBs must play.  We should know that being bills fans.  

1 hour ago, Pasaluki said:

Lol no man. Superiority and College Football don't belong in the same sentence. You talk about the NFL being hard to watch and follow why don't you see what happens when the Akron Zips play Alabama and lose 68-0 and call that better than the NFL where it is devolved sludge masquerading around calling itself football.

You dont have to watch that game.  There is are 75 games on, and almost all can be found on the espn app or just youtube tv.