(Trigger Warning) Haven’t been this disinterested in an upcoming Bills season in a long time

JaCrispy

16 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It seems crazy to me.  But Jets fans/Jets media who follow a team with a 40 year old QB and a head coach who has never won a playoff game are looking forward to a Super Bowl run. Dolphins Fans/media who follow a team with a fragile QB who has never won a playoff game and a head coach without demonstrated success similarly are looking foward to  Super Bowl run.  Meanwhile Bills Fans/Media who follow a team with one of the two best QBs in the NFL and a Head Coach entering his 8th season seem to have been condtioned that success means anything better than a 9-8 record.  

It is crazy. It is also not true. We can all write out own crazy narratives then call them out for being crazy.

• Like (+1) 3

I’m the opposite. I’m more interested in this season than the last two. 

I think that the team of the last 3 years. Diggs, Davis, Tre, Hyde and Poyer had peaked, thus the rebuild. There are fresh faces which may fail miserably, or may bring a Super Bowl to Buffalo. None of us know. Thus the excitement. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Once a person realizes the superiority College Football has on the NFL, the NFL is a tough watch and follow.  Around 5 or so years ago I got into college football, and its just a far better overall product.  College football saturday > NFL sunday.

Lol no man. Superiority and College Football don't belong in the same sentence. You talk about the NFL being hard to watch and follow why don't you see what happens when the Akron Zips play Alabama and lose 68-0 and call that better than the NFL where it is devolved sludge masquerading around calling itself football.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

With McD you’re reliving the same post season collapse nightmare every year.  I think it’s natural to lose some interest until he’s replaced or demonstrates post season competence with the 2nd best QB in the nfl 

They should have hired one of the many coaches that have shown the ability to consistently beat the Chiefs in the post season the last few years...

• Haha (+1) 2

I have the following concerns/questions:

1.  Frustrated over the rebuild year thing, the lowered expectations.  This was a choice made by McB+Pegula.  Plus even in choosing a rebuild not to double dip on WRs irritates me.  

2.  What happens if even the lowered expectations aren't met (no playoffs)?  Are McBeane fired?  Do we then get an offensive minded regime?  Or has this been a pre-arranged mulligan year?

3.  If expectations are met, will it mean they continue with the pathetic WR room?  Or is this a one time thing.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Damn McD for injuring half the team and missing that kick! Damn him!!

This team has led the league in wins and by a wide margin point differential, over a 5 year period and has 0 SB appearances to show for it.  It’s not just last year like your snarky post suggests, it’s the Texans Collapse, 13 seconds, the Bengals catastrophe at home in addition to last year’s loss at home.  This team statistically dominates the regular season and flounders in the playoffs every year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

With McD you’re reliving the same post season collapse nightmare every year.  I think it’s natural to lose some interest until he’s replaced or demonstrates post season competence with the 2nd best QB in the nfl 

Regardless of who it is, this is how I feel too. I'm excited but the last couple seasons have been such let downs at the end. The Bills really lose games in terrific fashion and I am not looking forward to that.

My thing is, if JA17 can't win one for us then I feel like it won't ever happen. Plus he's so likeable, I don't know if I'll ever want a SB more then I do now and I have little confidence now that it's going to happen.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

They should have hired one of the many coaches that have shown the ability to consistently beat the Chiefs in the post season the last few years...

Or stick with the same one who’s proven over and over again that he can’t? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Or stick with the same one who’s proven over and over again that he can’t? 

So you’re saying the Bills only have 2 options for their head coach-Zac Taylor, who was literally about to get fired before the Bengals went on that postseason run, or Bill Belichik 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

June 23, 2023 is the day it completely flatlined for me.  The day Terry gave contract extensions two years early for both GM and HC.  It completely clarified the belief that ownerships view of “sustained success” did not begin and end with actually winning a Super Bowl.  Just making playoffs and losing horribly every year was ok as long as the culture of faith, family and football was sustained.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So you’re saying the Bills only have 2 options for their head coach-Zac Taylor, who was literally about to get fired before the Bengals went on that postseason run, or Bill Belichik 

What…no…how did you even get that out of my post?  I’m simply saying it’s frustrating having the 2nd best QB in the NFL, the best Bills QB of all time, and can’t make the SB year in and year out after dominating the regular season.  I have little to no confidence McD can get us to the promise land because of previous results.  

Edited by TheWeatherMan
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Belichick would have been a huge upgrade over McDermott both as a HC and DC. I say if McCarthy gets fired as he coaching without a contract for next year then I could see Bill as the Cowboys next HC.

• Disagree 2

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

This team is still a SB contender. Will they get there who knows but they are good enough 

All it takes is Mahomes or Kelce to get injured and we are right there at the top. Baltimore, Miami, NyJ and the Bengals dont scare me 

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I remember, for years, I couldn’t get enough camp info from wgr, or podcasts, over the summer…Every half hour update on the radio about trades or signings, or how Josh did at the latest practice…

We were an ascending team, and I was so high, knowing the sky was the limit…

Well, it looks like we may have reached our ceiling…And it sucks knowing that we clearly aren’t as good as we were when we were Super Bowl contenders…

I know the transition to a younger, cheaper team had to be done…And, with that said, I originally predicted a record of 9-8, and missing the playoffs- especially with that schedule…woof!

However, if injuries continue to mount, I could easily see us getting a top 15 pick in the draft next year- which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing…

Imo, this team desperately needs an infusion of top end talent, to get back to where we were 2 years ago…Really hoping we keep both our 2nd rounders instead of trading up with them….👍

But there is hope…If all goes well, and the moves the FO has made the last few years pan out, I could see us being legit Super Bowl contenders again in a year or two…

I disagree that we have reached our ceiling.

But my sentiment is a bit different from yours - I am excited about the season and cant wait for the games to start. However, my expectations are very low and I expect us to narrowly miss the playoffs. I am still going to enjoy the games. 

• Thank you (+1) 1