New Renderings of New Stadium Clubs

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll put my architect hat on for a second:

The aesthetic looks COMPLETELY out of touch with the WNY game day experience. Every space looks really dark, which isn’t a good thing in an area that’s known for cloud cover. The spaces, furnishings and materials, while certainly trendy, appear to be completely inappropriate for the people that they copied and pasted into renderings. Do any of those ‘fans’ look like they are either comfortable or belong there? 

Well. It’s not geared towards this teams fan base that’s for sure. They apparently didn’t realize we’re the poster boy team for their fans being drunk and taking their shirts off. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, yall said:

To be fair, I'm in the Field club and had those same renders (plus a few others not shown) at the time of purchase.

When was your appt? Most of the club folks I spoke to had never seen these.

Wondering if it’s a recent appt thing.

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

When was your appt? Most of the club folks I spoke to had never seen these.

Wondering if it’s a recent appt thing.

I received the PDF of the Field Level Club renderings on 4/19/24. 

I didn't actually go to the appointment because I'm splitting the seats with a friend, but I believe he had the appointment a week or two prior to us receiving the PDF via email.

Edit: Looking at my calendar, his appointment was 4/12/24. I was supposed to go but had a conflict.

Edited by yall
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's definitely not inspiring me.

I know what they’re trying to do but it takes more than Buffalo centric super graphics. It looks more like an environment where my mother would’ve told us….”Boys, keep your hands in your pockets and do NOT touch anything!”

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, yall said:

I received the PDF of the Field Level Club renderings on 4/19/24. 

I didn't actually go to the appointment because I'm splitting the seats with a friend, but I believe he had the appointment a week or two prior to us receiving the PDF via email.

Edit: Looking at my calendar, his appointment was 4/12/24. I was supposed to go but had a conflict.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

More like 2-3 hours before kickoff. The Tottenham stadium actually did look like that….when I first went inside. It was spacious and you could walk right up to a bar and get a drink.

I thought the gates don’t even open until 1 hour before kickoff? They were telling club seat holders that it was a perk of buying club seats that you get in 90! minutes early.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Simon said:

I find it intriguing that nobody in the pictures is actually watching football. 

Welcome to the modern sports experience. Most of the stadium clubs have whole sections that dont even have a TV! The Piazza Club at CitiField is like this. Its a really nice giant area with food and a giant bar and couches and very few tvs to watch the actual game. Crazy. 

I DO have to admit, when its cold in April or brutally hot in August, its a nice place to go for an inning or two. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

It sure does.  Some folks just have an axe to grind or are envious.  Many Bills fans still fail to realize how good they have had it.  This new stadium will be filled and be a great experience for those who choose to take part.

I would bet that a lot of people who complain avout these renderings have never been to a new stadium or arena. The 70s and 80s are over. What youre seeing in these renderings is STANDARD in ALL sports buildings, even on the "minor league" levels.  

I remember when Shea Stadium closed....that I must have gone to hundreds of times in my life. It was home and comfortable and all the CitiField renderings looked weird and like it would never have the same "feel" as Shea. And when it opened it WAS weird and felt almost "too nice" for Mets fans (save the jokes, please!). And now? ITS AWESOME. Its loud and home and has a million creature comforts and great food and I couldnt imagine going "back" to the old way of watching a baseball game. And most important? It has a super cool vibe and is just downright FUN to go to.

Trust me folks....Its going to be awesome. It will be weird and youll feel out of place at first. And while youll still always miss The Ralph (I know I will), in the end youre going to love it. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Welcome to the modern sports experience. Most of the stadium clubs have whole sections that dont even have a TV! The Piazza Club at CitiField is like this. Its a really nice giant area with food and a giant bar and couches and very few tvs to watch the actual game. Crazy. 

I DO have to admit, when its cold in April or brutally hot in August, its a nice place to go for an inning or two. 

I would bet that a lot of people who complain avout these renderings have never been to a new stadium or arena. The 70s and 80s are over. What youre seeing in these renderings is STANDARD in ALL sports buildings, even on the "minor league" levels.  

I remember when Shea Stadium closed....that I must have gone to hundreds of times in my life. It was home and comfortable and all the CitiField renderings looked weird and like it would never have the same "feel" as Shea. And when it opened it WAS weird and felt almost "too nice" for Mets fans (save the jokes, please!). And now? ITS AWESOME. Its loud and home and has a million creature comforts and great food and I couldnt imagine going "back" to the old way of watching a baseball game. And most important? It has a super cool vibe and is just downright FUN to go to.

Trust me folks....Its going to be awesome. It will be weird and youll feel out of place at first. And while youll still always miss The Ralph (I know I will), in the end youre going to love it. 

My comments are purely about the aesthetic….not the experience. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

My comments are purely about the aesthetic….not the experience. 

Its funny...I actually joke with my friend who is an Islanders fan about thier new building. First time I was there (UBS Arena) I asked him 'Where's the Gap and Old Navy?" becuase walking the councourse it defintely had a little bit of a "mall vibe" to it. But....my point remains. The building is awesome and the it took all of 8.5 seconds for those Islanders fans, who had a building very similar to The Ralph in terms of astethic (old, loud and "blue collar") and a rowdy gameday "culture" just like we do, to get on board with their new shiny buidling and all the new creature comforts and amenities. They now love it.

I will add something else I have noticed in these new buildings. And this is just my personal experience....

Dare I say that in these newer buildings its a bit more...civilized. Still loud. Still super fun. Still downright rowdy at times. But theres a lot more familes. More college kids. More couples on dates. Its not just ten guys going together and getting piss drunk out of their minds and looking to fight. And maybe Im getting older now...but I dont see that as a terrible thing. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, very nice. But does it look like the interiors of a venue where a bunch of bundled up people just came inside from a snowstorm? No, they don’t. I’m wondering if the designers have ever been to Buffalo. 

To be fair, if this is all club level, it's probably heated seats, too.

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Not enough bar stools

-fail

It's intentional, like the current stadium.  Bar stools encourage people to stay and hang out on the bar, instead of getting your drink and getting out of the way of the other 50-60 people behind you that want to order.  

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I thought the gates don’t even open until 1 hour before kickoff? They were telling club seat holders that it was a perk of buying club seats that you get in 90! minutes early.

They open two hours before kickoff currently. 

43 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Its funny...I actually joke with my friend who is an Islanders fan about thier new building. First time I was there (UBS Arena) I asked him 'Where's the Gap and Old Navy?" becuase walking the councourse it defintely had a little bit of a "mall vibe" to it. But....my point remains. The building is awesome and the it took all of 8.5 seconds for those Islanders fans, who had a building very similar to The Ralph in terms of astethic (old, loud and "blue collar") and a rowdy gameday "culture" just like we do, to get on board with their new shiny buidling and all the new creature comforts and amenities. They now love it.

I will add something else I have noticed in these new buildings. And this is just my personal experience....

Dare I say that in these newer buildings its a bit more...civilized. Still loud. Still super fun. Still downright rowdy at times. But theres a lot more familes. More college kids. More couples on dates. Its not just ten guys going together and getting piss drunk out of their minds and looking to fight. And maybe Im getting older now...but I dont see that as a terrible thing. 

All true….but my comments still stand. The renderings are disjointed. As a guy who creates images just like these for a living you have to understand that the ‘entourage’ (people, trees, furniture, and cars) are not part of the architect’s design. They’re simply dropped in from a catalog of stock images. My point is that the entourage doesn’t match the interiors…at all! If you replace the scruffy looking Bills fans with stock images of people in dress clothes from a higher end restaurant, I think you’d find it all fits together much better. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

I don’t know the rules in OP. Or what the rules were in London, but I was in the stadium more than an hour before the game just looking around. When the gates opened it looked like that in terms of the crowd. Then everybody flooded in and it looked more like you’d expect, but still MUCH nicer than what we are used to. 

I guess my main takeaway was not really about the stadium space as much as the inability to pour and sell beer. I have a 27 second video where 8 people behind the counter manage to sell about 5-6 beers to 600 waiting people. It’s hysterical….NOW!

They set a cup on something perforating a hole in the bottom and it very slowly fills. Then, of course, the cup with the hole in the bottom leaks, so they pour it into another cup. Unfortunately, this created too much foam so it had to be done very slowly, and sometimes they’d forget which cups had a hole in the bottom and refill that.

It was insane and might have resulted in a riot in OP. We’ve all seen how you CAN sell beer to huge crowds.