New Renderings of New Stadium Clubs

I’ll put my architect hat on for a second:

The aesthetic looks COMPLETELY out of touch with the WNY game day experience. Every space looks really dark, which isn’t a good thing in an area that’s known for cloud cover. The spaces, furnishings and materials, while certainly trendy, appear to be completely inappropriate for the people that they copied and pasted into renderings. Do any of those ‘fans’ look like they are either comfortable or belong there? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

The bubble is going to bust hard when the Bills are back into purgatory.  

The only thing that sustained ticket sales through the drought was the fact that ticket prices were laughably cheap, and the stadium area was turned into a giant keg party.

I suspect the club sales have been waning and they are a bit concerned as they rip through current club seat holders.  There was an email blast yesterday, and now they show us these renderings.  Their rendering game has been very strange on this project.  

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 5

9 hours ago, Simon said:

I find it intriguing that nobody in the pictures is actually watching football. 

Yeah it's a small thing, but if you are responsible for creating these things, don't put live game images on the TV and then show people with their back turned to the actual game and their face buried in their phone - put something on the TV that implies it is pre-game or halftime

Looks like they don't expect too many people over the age of 40 or minorities.  Mostly what appear to be millennials and Gen Z attendees portrayed in the renderings. Just an observation.

9 hours ago, Simon said:

I find it intriguing that nobody in the pictures is actually watching football. 

9 hours ago, US Egg said:

…..probably halftime.

More like 2-3 hours before kickoff. The Tottenham stadium actually did look like that….when I first went inside. It was spacious and you could walk right up to a bar and get a drink.

Then all the people arrived, and I spent about half of the second quarter trying to get a beer. It didn’t help that their beer delivery system is completely broken. For the record, filling the cups up thru a hole in the bottom leaves you with a cup of beer….still with a small hole in the bottom. What might go wrong there? I bet some of you can guess. 

35 minutes ago, Heitz said:

ymS0Z8f_d.jpeg.5ebffd347ccf3ff366811fb7af61b360.jpeg

Am I doing it right?

Looks like a nice new stadium to me! :beer: 

It sure does.  Some folks just have an axe to grind or are envious.  Many Bills fans still fail to realize how good they have had it.  This new stadium will be filled and be a great experience for those who choose to take part.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder how wide the concourses will be? That was what struck me last time I was there a few years ago after not having been there to the stadium in a long time and seeing other newer stadiums. Walking in the concourse was like a cattle call in a narrow chute. There were long lines for the bathrooms which was odd too. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, eball said:

It sure does.  Some folks just have an axe to grind or are envious.  Many Bills fans still fail to realize how good they have had it.  This new stadium will be filled and be a great experience for those who choose to take part.

Ehh I'll disagree with you there.  I think there are a lot of people who are genuinely disappointed with where the modern NFL has evolved to.  It's not the same hobby as it was 20 years ago

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Heitz said:

ymS0Z8f_d.jpeg.5ebffd347ccf3ff366811fb7af61b360.jpeg

Am I doing it right?

Looks like a nice new stadium to me! :beer: 

Yes, very nice. But does it look like the interiors of a venue where a bunch of bundled up people just came inside from a snowstorm? No, they don’t. I’m wondering if the designers have ever been to Buffalo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On a semi-related note - in Raleigh they are about to embark on a long term renovation plan for the arena and surrounding area - phase 1 of the $300 million arena update includes things they are calling "bunker suites" - which appear to be basically conference rooms in the bowels of the arena with no view of the event - the renderings have people sitting around drinking and watching a large screen TV of the event.  Talk about trying to maximize revenue for every sq ft - guess if they can get people to pony up - good luck to them.  

41 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Ehh I'll disagree with you there.  I think there are a lot of people who are genuinely disappointed with where the modern NFL has evolved to.  It's not the same hobby as it was 20 years ago

No, it is absolutely not the same hobby.  I think that’s my point.  Things change; you can either embrace change or decide to do something else.  Trust me, the NFL is not losing market share or fan interest.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll put my architect hat on for a second:

The aesthetic looks COMPLETELY out of touch with the WNY game day experience. Every space looks really dark, which isn’t a good thing in an area that’s known for cloud cover. The spaces, furnishings and materials, while certainly trendy, appear to be completely inappropriate for the people that they copied and pasted into renderings. Do any of those ‘fans’ look like they are either comfortable or belong there? 

It's definitely not inspiring me.

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

“With the Founders and East Clubs effectively sold out, and with the Field Club moving fast and approaching a sellout, this is the perfect opportunity for us to share the renders of these incredible club spaces.”

Anyone else find this quote from the article… odd? Now that we have your money, we can finally show you what you purchased!

To be fair, I'm in the Field club and had those same renders (plus a few others not shown) at the time of purchase.

I really wish we could have seen (by now) what a fan experience would look like for anyone not in the clubs.   What do the concourses look like?  What amenities in there as far as concessions, beer/mini bars?  Is it open concourses everywhere?  How does the seating look and general sight lines?  Any other cool stuff planned like decor, Bills' history, local sports history, etc...  

This stuff would get me more pumped for this.  These renderings of the rich and famous areas that have tens of thousands of dollars of a cover charge are not interesting to me, as I will likely never see the inside of these places, nor really care to.

• Like (+1) 4

honest question.

Are there enough high brow, wealthy people who attend Bills games to want these amenitities?

This looks like Dallas's stupid stadium, which makes perfect sense in DFW, probably 75% of the people who attend the games have no idea what is going on and are there for the event or to be seen, the cocaine and boob job crowd as it is known.

This kind of feels like a big miss for a Bills stadium.  

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

honest question.

Are there enough high brow, wealthy people who attend Bills games to want these amenitities?

This looks like Dallas's stupid stadium, which makes perfect sense in DFW, probably 75% of the people who attend the games have no idea what is going on and are there for the event or to be seen, the cocaine and boob job crowd as it is known.

This kind of feels like a big miss for a Bills stadium.  

not that there's anything wrong with that

• Haha (+1) 1