New Renderings of New Stadium Clubs

29 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

I hope they don’t keep the open concept bathrooms from our last stadium, I always thought that was kind of weird.

Here's the concept rendering for the new bathrooms:

16b8ed8efdf988b8f4c30e32098bcc56.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

NGL I don’t like the movement away from “football” to “big event experience”.  It isn’t just the Bills, it’s the NFL as a whole. 

I find it intriguing that nobody in the pictures is actually watching football. 

• Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

“With the Founders and East Clubs effectively sold out, and with the Field Club moving fast and approaching a sellout, this is the perfect opportunity for us to share the renders of these incredible club spaces.”

Anyone else find this quote from the article… odd? Now that we have your money, we can finally show you what you purchased!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

NGL I don’t like the movement away from “football” to “big event experience”.  It isn’t just the Bills, it’s the NFL as a whole. 

the creeping stench of corporatism, that pervades all aspects of life these days

7 hours ago, Simon said:

...or trying to get laid

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Simon said:

so I'm paying a $10,000 PSL and $250 for a preseason game so I can work on my laptop in the hallway?   These renderings are not WNY, imho.   

Hell, where's the cappuccino machine, man?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Stadiums...the discussion has been going on for so long.....

So, 18 million people watch an average NFL game on television.

About 70,000 go to an average game.

For every 1 person at the game, 250+ see it on Television.

Stadiums are obviously not built simply for the sake of 1 in 250 fans. Think of this, you could have each team play ON a state-of-the-art field...no spectators, just a perfect field with perfect drainage (or under a cheaper roof), with every square foot of space outside the field devoted to perfect placement of TV adds and perfect locations for television cameras.  A "made for TV only" game, the way 250 in 251 viewers watch it, could probably be built for a few million dollars. 

Or there is middle ground. For many fans, you could build a stadium with 'perfect site lines) and no high-end amenities for a fraction of the cost also.  How much would it cost to build a brand new, modern day replica of the current Stadium?  Give it somewhat more comfortable seats, a wider concourse, and of course build it to last for 40-50 years, but with none of the high end stuff? Certainly a small fraction of the one being built now.

So, Billion dollar stadiums are built for what?  Those 1 in 250 people that watch an average game? The "atmosphere" around the field on TV?  Of course, for Revenue for the owners/teams. NFL revenue estimates are all over the place depending on where you look. I have seen business sites say total revenues are anywhere from 13 Billion (CBS) to 23 Billion (Sportico). I think Goodell has stated the projection is for $27 Billion in revenues by 2027, so we are probably somewhat close to that now in 2024. Stadium revenues are a little easier to figure out. The total stadium experience (parking, concessions, tickets, merch at the stadium) is around $3.9 -$4.1 Billion per year (reported by quite a few sites online)

Of course as I said, all of these numbers are slightly different depending on the source, but appears the stadiums are built as 1.) a source of 'civic' pride for the area for a few years. 2.) for the benefit of 1 in about 250 fans who see the game from them.  3.) making the atmosphere of the event better for those watching on TV. 4.)  For the league/owners, who make anywhere from  $9b-$19b without them...bumping that number up by about another $4b.

Are they worth the cost?  Some wish they would never be built. Some say they are worth every penny. Most are probably someplace in between.

Edited by mjd1001