Bills Sign QB Anthony Brown

If as appears to be the case, Mitch Trubisky is not a viable backup anymore (he appeared to be one in his last stint in Buffalo), the Bills have probably figured that out.   Ryan Tannehill is the only veteran QB out there that might not be stinking garbage at this point.  I don't know what his asking price is, but I'm guessing the Bills don't want to pay it.  Both Dinucci and Brown have some traits that the Bills like.  In no way do I think they are viable NFL backups at this point, but maybe that something the Bills like can develop in one of them.  There will be cuts from other teams and QBs who make other teams' practice squads, but they are probably more of the same, unproven QBs with traits.  We'd better hope Josh stays healthy this season at least.  

Edited by BigAl2526

10 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

If as appears to be the case, Mitch Trubisky is not a viable backup anymore (he appeared to be one inn his last stint in Buffalo), the Bills have probably figured that out.   Ryan Tannehill is the only veteran QB out there that might not be stinking garbage at this point.  I don't know what his asking price is, but I'm guessing the Bills don't want to pay it.  Both Dinucci and Brown have some traits that the Bills like.  In no way do I think they are viable NFL backups at this point, but maybe that something the Bills like can develop in one of them.  There will be cuts from other teams and QBs who make other teams' practice squads, but they are probably more of the same, unproven QBs with traits.  We'd better hope Josh stays healthy this season at least.  

Tannehill wants a chance to start. That's why he's not a backup option here. It could only change if he becomes desperate for a job, but his compensation history says that's not going to happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Tannehill wants a chance to start. That's why he's not a backup option here. It could only change if he becomes desperate for a job, but his compensation history says that's not going to happen.

Hopefully Josh gets hurt very early in the season so we have the first and best chance to sign Tannehill :thumbsup:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Simon said:

Hopefully Josh gets hurt very early in the season so we have the first and best chance to sign Tannehill :thumbsup:

Tannehill was a WR until his junior year don’t you know. But he didn’t gp to Harvard and Karl Malone is not his father.

Edited by chris heff

21 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Turf toe can last, like, forever

Turf toe is a fundamentally a sprain, meaning the ligaments are stretched or torn.

Like any sprain, the stretching/tearing comes in different degrees.

A badly sprained turf toe can indeed linger.

A mildly sprained turf toe can recover in a couple weeks.

I think the "week to week" designation implies the latter more than the former, but none of us really know.

4 hours ago, Simon said:

Will you bite your everlovin' gawdforsaken little pointed tongue?  Mu - Unsay it!  AVERT!  You take that back RIGHT NOW!

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

If Josh gets hurt early we might as have Tony Brown running the team

Agreed, which is sort of why I don't care much about who is backing him up

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Will you bite your everlovin' gawdforsaken little pointed tongue?  Mu - Unsay it!  AVERT!  You take that back RIGHT NOW!

Just joshin' ya and will gladly take it back since I can foresee the Bills curse taking a different and more emotionally devastating tack this year :devil:

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

If Josh gets hurt early we might as have Tony Brown running the team

Seriously. If - heaven forbid - Allen got a season-ending injury in September or October, at that point we might as well roll out the Nooch and Anthony Brown. Would be ugly to watch but we’d be picking in the top 10 most likely. (Even with McD and all the players trying their best to win every game.)

I’m overall pretty optimistic about this year’s team, or at least will be if we ever get a stretch of good health. But let’s be real: minus Allen, this is not a realistic contender even with a good backup QB. 

If - heaven forbid - Allen got a season-ending injury in November or December, AND we were in a good place record-wise, then I’d be inclined to sign Talleywacker if he’s still out there, or trade for this year's version of Josh Dobbs or something. The chances of the team getting hot and/or lucky are worth it at at that point. 

Edited by Cash
  • Awesome! (+1) 1