Bills Sign QB Anthony Brown

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

At the moment, yes. But most teams only keep 2 on the Main Roster these days and he isn't making it over Russell Wilson or Justin Fields. It's almost a forgone conclusion he'll be cut.

Either way, the reported issue for Mitch is a 3-4 week injury and Week 1 will be 3 weeks from the injury. Fans who are hoping for something bigger or him to be replaced are setting themselves up for disappointment. 

Steelers kept 3 QBs last year all season.  I could see them doing the same, given their OL isn't exactly a strength right now (injuries/young players) to protect either Russ or Fields, and Kyle is likely to get signed elsewhere if cut.

10 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Steelers kept 3 QBs last year all season.  I could see them doing the same, given their OL isn't exactly a strength right now (injuries/young players) to protect either Russ or Fields, and Kyle is likely to get signed elsewhere if cut.

So, why did the Bills let Kyle Allen leave in the first place?  Did they actually prefer Trubisky?

12 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Steelers kept quantity over quality last year.

4 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

So, why did the Bills let Kyle Allen leave in the first place?  Did they actually prefer Trubisky?

IMO, yes.  Trubisky has more talent and a closer skillset to Josh.  He's "seeing ghosts", as they say.  

Beane took a gamble that he'd get back to Buffalo Mitch, but that Steeler experience is sticking with him it seems.

This season goes down the toilet without Josh anyhow.  Kyle Allen was garbage last preseason as well.  Hopefully this time off the field can help Mitch get his mental down pat.

10 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

They are paying Mitch twice as much money as Kyle ..so I would strongly suggest they preferred him …

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Just from a contract standpoint, that's fairly obvious.

They gave Kyle a 1 year deal for 1m with 350k guaranteed.

They gave Mitch a 2 year deal worth 3m with 2.7m guaranteed, when they could have re-signed Kyle instead.

If Kyle is released and if Mitch isn't ready to roll Week 1, I can see us bringing him back on the Practice Squad and activating him until Mitch is ready. But make no mistake about it, Mitch is our Backup and is going to be our Backup - like it or not.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Strange, the way backup QBs are shuffled around despite there being no reasonable argument for a Mitch Trubisky being an improvement over a Kyle Allen

I think "reasonable" has different meaning to fans and NFL personnel.   If you start listening to fans you start sitting with the fans.

11 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

The Raiders waived him so they can re-sign Nate Peterman.😃

Well he WAS a favorite of McDermott.

5 hours ago, major said:

Sounds like a Buffalo bill already 

This Is Bad Oh No GIF by HULU

How do you know he got worse in Pittsburgh?  He never played in Buffalo as far as I can remember so we don't really know how good he was while he was here the first time.

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Just from a contract standpoint, that's fairly obvious.

They gave Kyle a 1 year deal for 1m with 350k guaranteed.

They gave Mitch a 2 year deal worth 3m with 2.7m guaranteed, when they could have re-signed Kyle instead.

If Kyle is released and if Mitch isn't ready to roll Week 1, I can see us bringing him back on the Practice Squad and activating him until Mitch is ready. But make no mistake about it, Mitch is our Backup and is going to be our Backup - like it or not.

Trubisky can't be the backup until he's cleared to play.  Until then it looks like Larry Daryl and Daryl will be the guys.  Hope to God that Josh Allen doesn't get hurt.

8 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Steelers kept quantity over quality last year.

This year they went with expensive mediocrity.

14 hours ago, notpolian said:

Is Barkley unavailable?  He is limited but has had some ups with the downs.  He lit up Miami for us a couple years ago iirc.

It was against the Jets. Put up a 40-burger ten days after signing with the Bills.  

22 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

It was against the Jets. Put up a 40-burger ten days after signing with the Bills.  

He played the second half of the last game of the season against the Dolphins also and piled up the score on the lead Josh built in the first half.