Receivers the Bills could go after?

21 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

If you include Samuel, is Coleman, Samuel and Shakir any worse than Brown, Worthy and Rice?  Coleman and Worthy are both rookies.  Rice was decent but may be suspended and is probably equal to Shakir.  Brown is maybe a bit better than Samuel when they are healthy, but I would say it’s close.  Like, I don't know, that WR group isn't any better than ours in my eyes.  It’s the KC offensive scheme that makes them look better.

Hollywood would walk in as the #1 outsider WR in Buffalo today.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

The fact that we are two weeks prior to the season kicking off and there's a "receivers the Bills could go after" thread is so infuriating, and so predictable.

The loudness and ferocity with which I was called a negative Nellie and told not to doubt Brandon Beane back in May. And here we sit.

Failing some miracle trade, we're very likely looking at Mack Hollins being counted on as a starting outside receiver in week 1 of the season. If you think that constitutes anything but criminal roster mismanagement by Brandon Beane, then I don't know what to tell ya.

I mean 3 WRs got hurt.  Anytime a team has 3 WR injuries they are short on WRs.  And the fact someone starts a WR thread doesn’t mean the sky is falling either.  

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

If you include Samuel, is Coleman, Samuel and Shakir any worse than Brown, Worthy and Rice? 

Yes by a significant margin.

To address the OP, Treylon Burks, Jahan Dotson, Terrace Marshall, and Laviska Shenault are all potential reclamation projects that could likely be had for a reasonable price.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The fact that we are two weeks prior to the season kicking off and there's a "receivers the Bills could go after" thread is so infuriating, and so predictable.

The loudness and ferocity with which I was called a negative Nellie and told not to doubt Brandon Beane back in May. And here we sit.

Failing some miracle trade, we're very likely looking at Mack Hollins being counted on as a starting outside receiver in week 1 of the season. If you think that constitutes anything but criminal roster mismanagement by Brandon Beane, then I don't know what to tell ya.

Prepare to be gaslit that this is a depth problem not a talent problem.

ignoring that the argument has been how deep we are for MONTHS lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I wonder why Renfrow can't get a job...

Im pretty sure I saw him downtown in Greenville, SC the other day. 

Maybe he’s working out at Clemson?

Definitely strange that he can’t even get a chance, unless he’ll only play for a set price. 

3 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

Find a team like Green Bay and try and strike a trade with them. There's some teams with deep Wr depth.

Green Bay would demand extra comp knowing we hosed them last year in the trade for Douglas!! Lol!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If you are going to make a deal it’s got to be for one of the few really good guys. If you are going to bring in another 2a-3ish guy don’t even bother. Make a deal for one of the 2 or 3 legit number 1 WRs and figure out a way to get creative with the contract extensions or don’t even waste your time. The 49ers are the team to make the deal with. Yes you are going to give to a-lot and yes you are going to pay going forward but you have to stop wasting years in Allen’s window. Eventually this guys legs are going to go away. Stop writing off seasons  

Yep. Get Aiyuk. Let Samuel sit till he's healed, then add another week. When he comes back, we'll look even stronger, and a chance to let the young guys get some playing time early.

It's not ideal, but waiting till deadline is stupid. Well be weaker till then. Pay more. And less time to get the new guy up to speed.

***beane after midnight???***

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

If only we had a guy like Diggs

Some people can’t get along with motivated workers and need buddies instead.

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

I wonder why Renfrow can't get a job...

It’s probably the sucking.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Like someone great we were able to get back in May couldn’t have also gotten turf toe or some other injury. Your 20/20 hindsight is impressive.

Edited by Slack_in_MA
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Blackbeard said:

We have a C- wr corps this year.  You lose one with injury, and that corps is in F range.

This could be a long long season.  

They left themselves absolutely zero room for error.  I hoped they’d at least make it relatively deep into the season before the depth was tested but … so Billsy.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Blackbeard said:

We have a C- wr corps this year.  You lose one with injury, and that corps is in F range.

This could be a long long season.  

Close to the weakest unit on the team.

But, let's see what Brady can scheme up.  We have 2 good TE's, and a good RB group.  It's hard to imagine the O becoming anemic like the old days.

It does harken back to the WR groups of the drought years, though.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Would love to give Pittsburgh a second for Pickens. They need draft capital. 

I truly believe that Allen and Pickens would set records together.

If Pickens kept his maturity level up.