Receivers the Bills could go after?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe it’s not a misunderstanding though. That’s where I go to. Those dudes are there every day. I would bet that the Bills didn’t want them vocalizing that for fear of triggering people like me. Maybe it’s nothing. If it’s something it’s not good.

The Bills NEED Keon to be good now. They would have needed the same from: Worthy, Legette, AD Mitchell, Corley, Baker, Polk, Pearsall, etc… That’s been the point. Whether it was Coleman or someone else this wasn’t a spot for someone to “grow into.”

I am on record as not loving the pick but that’s a different point. While I didn’t love the pick, I liked the philosophy far less. 

All good...without directly hearing what they exactly said, I can't speculate what they intended to communicate.  So I am just going off what I hear and see out of camp and on the field.  I liked the Keon pick, but don't think he is a slam dunk either.  But whiles its just been camp, I have really liked what has been reported about him thus far and think he is coming along just fine for this time of year.  

I think where you and I differ is I feel less pressure for Keon to be a good as I think you feel he needs to be early.  I think Kincaid, Shakir, and Samuel along with the run game and Allens legs gives the offense enough juice in my personal opinion to where Keon can grow into the roll.  Now if those guys are struggling, then yeah, I can see the need for Keon to become a bigger part of the offense earlier, I just happen to be bullish on both Kincaid and Shakir.  

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Got you bro because clearly you didn’t follow (despite Gunner explaining). The failure is the construction of the WR room. You weren’t in position to add a prospect capable of losing reps to Mack Hollins this year. You needed to do better. They backed themselves into a corner and needed a guy at the top of the depth chart. The failure is the mismanagement of the position, not the player splitting time with Mack Hollins. He was always raw and has a high ceiling. They don’t have the luxury to wait on his development. They needed him further along than he apparently is. Hope that clears up your confusion…

See above if you are also confused…

You're right, I'm confused.  This entire discussion reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.

"The failure is the construction of the WR room. You weren’t in position to add a prospect capable of losing reps to Mack Hollins this year. You needed to do better."

So the failure isnt because Coleman is a failure, but because you needed to draft someone better than Coleman.

But Coleman hasnt played a single snap of regulation NFL football.  How do you know he wont be outstanding?  What WR drafted between 20-50 is better than Coleman?

You're entire argument is premised on Coleman not being successful.  But how do you know that?

Your eye test?

Some other posters' eye test?

But if your eye test is so wonderful, why arent you in an NFL front office?

In essence, you guys are saying that you're smarter than Bill FO, based on, well, nothing.

Meanwhile, I'm saying, ah, lets wait a few moments before we eviscerate the guys who have shown the most success at building a Bills team this century.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/23/2024 at 2:57 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

And I am basing it on the coaches employed by the Bills who make these decisions and their actions.  

So I respectfully disagree.  The coaches have shown there isn’t by the fact that Keon is and has been an exclusive starter and Hollins has not at any point. 

Again, no biggie.  I just have more confidence in what the coaches do and say then what someone people paid to talk and speculate do.  

And to be fair and more clear…I do think this season is going to be less about “starters” and more about packages.  Which is why I think you are seeing guys like Hollins and MVS get time with the ones as they will be out there in different packages this season.

Don’t shoot the messenger:

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart

On 8/19/2024 at 4:39 PM, Desert Bills Fan said:

Brandon Aiyuk and CeeDee Lamb are not satisfied with contract offers, so there is still a chance. Rework Josh’s contract again to get some more cap space?

is there a chance at the:

Lions Jameson Williams?
Rams Tutu Atwell?

Chargers Quentin Johnston?

Raiders DaVonte Adam’s?

others?

Whoa, what are you smoking my friend?😬

Don’t shoot the messenger:

I will point out that Ty Johnson is listed ahead of Ray Davis on this depth chart which is pretty clearly not the case. I wouldn't read into it too much.

I mean I sure hope we give Coleman more snaps than Hollins. They drafted this kid to kick off the next phase of Allen's career, so get him on the field and let him develop. There is zero to gain from letting a JAG like Hollins take a significant amount of snaps from Coleman. Just a replacement level floor with a low ceiling. Might as well bet on the upside and see what happens.

8 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Am I totally dense?

Hamler and Shavers are on the PS. How can they be listed on the depth chart (which I thought was only for the 53 man roster) 

Tell me without telling me that I am stupid

Also still has Milano starting. 

23 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Am I totally dense?

Hamler and Shavers are on the PS. How can they be listed on the depth chart (which I thought was only for the 53 man roster) 

Tell me without telling me that I am stupid

No idea, that’s what’s listed on the Bills website

• Eyeroll 1

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I will point out that Ty Johnson is listed ahead of Ray Davis on this depth chart which is pretty clearly not the case. I wouldn't read into it too much.

I mean I sure hope we give Coleman more snaps than Hollins. They drafted this kid to kick off the next phase of Allen's career, so get him on the field and let him develop. There is zero to gain from letting a JAG like Hollins take a significant amount of snaps from Coleman. Just a replacement level floor with a low ceiling. Might as well bet on the upside and see what happens.

I have no idea. That’s on their website. Clearly the gap is minimal.

No idea, that’s what’s listed on the Bills website

Upon further review that’s not an accurate depth chart.  Don’t mean that argumentative, but it still has Milano and guys who were cut on it.  

We will see who starts week 1.  And honestly, like I said previously, this season, especially early, it’s going to be less about “starters” and more about “packages”.  Hollins is going to play regardless, he’s an excellent blocker and they incorporate that into the offense.  

For me personally, all I really care about is we see Keon making plays when called upon, I don’t feel like his role must be huge out the gate.  

51 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Upon further review that’s not an accurate depth chart.  Don’t mean that argumentative, but it still has Milano and guys who were cut on it.  

We will see who starts week 1.  And honestly, like I said previously, this season, especially early, it’s going to be less about “starters” and more about “packages”.  Hollins is going to play regardless, he’s an excellent blocker and they incorporate that into the offense.  

For me personally, all I really care about is we see Keon making plays when called upon, I don’t feel like his role must be huge out the gate.  

Yeah, it's just the same chart from the beginning of Training Camp but with the players who were cut and removed from the Roster page taken out. I think when they were removed from the Website, they just automatically got removed from the Depth Chart.

On 8/28/2024 at 11:18 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Upon further, further review:

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/24/2024 at 11:54 AM, NewEra said:

Just depends who you are drafting.  Keon is a 20 year old raw WR that needed a lot of work on his route running.  Everyone knew that.  They love the person and his physical stature.  He may not be the ideal draftee for those looking for instant impact, but which potential outside WRs could we have drafted that would be ahead of Hollins right now?  

Xavier Worthy is currently behind Justin Watson fwiw.  Piersall is behind Chris Conley and Juaun Jennings.  

Dalton Kincaid was a 24 year old rookie who didn’t start and was behind an average TE.  

I get your point, but making assumptions based Depth charts in august isn’t a good way to evaluate a draft pick imo.  Some are more ready than others.  

with my first round pick, I’d rather draft a high upside prospect that will take time to develop than a high floor, lower ceiling player that is ready to start day 1.  

I also believe that Hollins is better than you and most other think.  He’s a monster run blocker and we’re going to be running a lot.  He’s going to get a decent amount of snaps based on that alone.  

All this time talking about who Pearsall is behind, WHEN ALL ALONG, we should've been asking who's behind Pearsall!

Belichek is playing 2024 chess out here!

Upon further, further review:

Still wouldn't make much of it...early on its going to be a lot more about packages more so than starters in this everybody eats philosophy.  I suspect Kincaid and Shakir are going to be leading the way in terms of targets and snaps with the others rotated around, including Samuel with some snaps out of the backfield too.  

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Still wouldn't make much of it...early on its going to be a lot more about packages more so than starters in this everybody eats philosophy.  I suspect Kincaid and Shakir are going to be leading the way in terms of targets and snaps with the others rotated around, including Samuel with some snaps out of the backfield too.  

100% agree.

I do stand by my point though, that a wr starved team, didn’t use their 1st draft pick on a guy that they expected to open the season behind Mack Hollins on the depth chart. That’s unquestionably a fail (at this point). 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

43 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

AJ ahead of Von?!

Not a surprise to me really, I think they want to try and manage his wear and tear as he tries to get back to his best and keep him as fresh as can be for end of season and playoff run.