Curtis Samuel Turf Toe, Other Injury Updates

Process

Offense going to have to run through Shakir and Kincaid. Need both to take huge steps, which is very possible. And lean HEAVILY on the run game. No real deep threat, unless Coleman can win some 50/50 balls down the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

Samuel is week to week.  Concerned not panicked.  

Kincaid 

Shakir 

Coleman 

Hollins 

Hamler 

Shavers 

Cook 

Gray 

We shouldn’t need Samuel in week 1 anyway.  

If we did we aren’t a SB team.  

The WR room does look very ordinary no doubt. My hope is that Kincaid goes nuclear and takes a huge leap in year 2. We need him to play like an elite TE. If he does that, and if Coleman plays well enough, we could be okay. But I still see it as being inconsistent throughout the season and having the odd week where the offense just splutters all game and never really gets going. That's my best case scenario at this point. 

One thing is for sure, Josh is going to have to do a lot of improvisation and give some of these guys a chance to get open. If we have more passes to the RBs as well it will help, provided Cook catches them when he's targeted.

5 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

I always wondered what turf toe actually is.  So I looked it up.  It's a "metatarsophalangeal joint sprain."

That clarifies everything.

A sprain is a stretching or tearing of ligaments — the tough bands of fibrous tissue that connect two bones together in your joints. 

Initial treatment includes rest, ice, compression and elevation.  Severe sprains sometimes require surgery to repair torn ligaments.

The difference between a sprain and a strain is that a sprain injures the ligaments or bands of tissue that connect two bones together, while a strain involves an injury to a muscle or to the band of tissue that attaches a muscle to a bone.

I severely sprained an ankle once , the doctor said “broken bones heal faster than this kind of ligament sprain” it took months to get mostly better..but running and cutting would occasionally have me hobbling for a day or 2  for what had to be 9 months…

Edited by Desert Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I mean if YOU say so

To be clear, I'm a drama queen because I believe a roster bereft of top-end talent is going to struggle?

You're a drama queen because you sound like a 13 year old angry teen with your constant knee jerk responses...constant.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're a drama queen because you sound like a 13 year old angry teen with your constant knee jerk responses...constant.

Well, thank heavens we have you here to keep everything calm

:lol: