Curtis Samuel Turf Toe, Other Injury Updates

Process

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Don't the Bills have a lot of money coming off the books and should be in much better shape cap wise after the season. Regardless of how this season plays out Beane needs be aggressive in FA. We need to get Allen some elite level talent to work with. The Bills will never win a Super Bowl if Allen is forced to play Superman every year for this team to win. 

For the right player, just make the move now and structure the cap hits for future years.

We probably will, but don’t have to, wait until the money is officially off the books. 

If Beane had another draft class looking like the one he just had, we’re going to be able to stock the depth/rotation of this roster with cheap talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Keon Coleman’s cousin posting cryptic on IG… (Ceedee Lamb) I’ve definitely been on the “we have enough” wagon, but my goodness… these injuries are insane.   For that guy, I’m on the phone if I’m Beane on the off chance he’s available. 

Not overly concerned with most of those injuries as they are minor or players we hopefully won’t need/have depth for, but Samuel with turf toe is less than ideal… at worst, a major issue. 

Ceedee Lamb is rejecting $33 Million/year contract.  Only within budget if you can give him an endorsement deal for $30/year and tell him it is only good if he is a Bills player.

1 minute ago, mrags said:

This makes sense. But I’ve got news for you. It’s not in this teams makeup. They want to run the ball and let their Swiss cheese defense win championships. So, it’ll never happen. 

If the Bills have a down year, then maybe Beane and McDermott change their ways. Also, Terry is trying to sell PSL's along with increased ticket prices at the new stadium. A winning and contending team makes that much easier to do. 

1 minute ago, Punching Bag said:

Ceedee Lamb is rejecting $33 Million/year contract.  Only within budget if you can give him an endorsement deal for $30/year and tell him it is only good if he is a Bills player.

He rejected a 33m/yr contract? WTF does he want?

Just now, Punching Bag said:

I don’t think we’re trading for him because I doubt Dallas would ever consider it, but I feel like Beane would definitely call and he is Keon’s cousin. 

The price tag is big, but he’s a Top 5 WR and it’s reported that some of the hang up is cash flow/structuring.  Jerry can do it if he wants to, but there’s only a handful of GM’s that can financially just say ok to a heavy frontloaded cash flow, and Pegula is one of them. 

6 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

If this trend continues at some level someone in charge has to look at it and say (1) we're just the unluckiest team ever, or (2) scouting staff are picking uniquely fragile players, relative to the rest of the league, or (3) the strength and conditioning team are actually employed by KC

Maybe all 3. The LBs are all undersized as it’s in the defensive scheme to have fast and agile LBs. Well, they break down more easily because of their size. They also can’t defend the run worth a crap. Luck and strength and conditioning comes from the same place. If you coach and train specific things, then your players may not be in a place to become injured so easily. I’m not a coach or expert here. So I won’t pretend to know if it’s true, or if it’s fixable or how. But like you said, it’s not a coincidence at this point. It continues to be a problem. There is a reason for it. 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

For the right player, just make the move now and structure the cap hits for future years.

We probably will, but don’t have to, wait until the money is officially off the books. 

If Beane had another draft class looking like the one he just had, we’re going to be able to stock the depth/rotation of this roster with cheap talent. 

More like he needs to dumpster dive bc at this rate we wont have 22 starting players healthy by week 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Oh, bless your precious heart.

You know I'm not 17's biggest fan. So, are we just being obtuse or do you really just love interacting with me.

So you really believe Jalen Hurts is better than Josh Allen...like for real?

Give me your season prediction record today.  It sounds like you have us at like 4-13 but I do want to hear you say it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Jon in Pasadena said:

To give JJ a coronary?

Thar is okay with me if Legends is dissolved and agreement cancelled.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t think we’re trading for him because I doubt Dallas would ever consider it, but I feel like Beane would definitely call and he is Keon’s cousin. 

The price tag is big, but he’s a Top 5 WR and it’s reported that some of the hang up is cash flow/structuring.  Jerry can do it if he wants to, but there’s only a handful of GM’s that can financially just say ok to a heavy frontloaded cash flow, and Pegula is one of them. 

He wants contract front loaded.  He can then retire and not pay back money for hold out and demand a new contract where he is making same per year as other top WRs.    JJ is an idiot not senile.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If the Bills have a down year, then maybe Beane and McDermott change their ways. Also, Terry is trying to sell PSL's along with increased ticket prices at the new stadium. A winning and contending team makes that much easier to do. 

Thats why if your going to tank a year (retooling) this is the year to do it.  Cap is straightened out, better draft picks and voila last season at the Ralph and Ralph II opens.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So you really believe Jalen Hurts is better than Josh Allen...like for real?

Give me your season prediction record today.  It sounds like you have us at like 4-13 but I do want to hear you say it.

6-11 to 8-9

1-5 start is a real possibility given the weakness of this roster.

7 is about my comfort zone for this sad squad.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffblue said:

This is another reason why taking a second swing at WR instead of just drafting Carter in the 3rd would have been prudent (or at least, draft a second receiver somewhere). Guys like Claypool, Hamler, and MVS flat out suck and it was delusional to expect anything out of them. Now one of the top 3 gets hurt and the Bills WR corps looks like the worst in football. Good luck Josh

There will be dozens of WRs released in the next week of two including many guys that could have been drafted on day 3.  I am quite sure Beane has his eyes open.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There will be dozens of WRs released in the next week of two including many guys that could have been drafted on day 3.  I am quite sure Beane has his eyes open.

Well yes of course but do you know how many CBs and Safeties will be available?  No way no how will Beane be able to overlook them

• Haha (+1) 1

So all our WR’s stink but it’s the end of the world if some of them get hurt.  The chicken littles need to at least try to be consistent.  Injuries happen. As long as Josh, Dawkins, and Kincaid can play, we have enough depth to compete as long as the coaches don’t make dumb decisions like playing washed-up or never-been’s instead of the promising young players on the roster.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Coleman 
Hollins
Shakir
Shavers
Hamler

That is truly ugly. Good God.

I've been defending Beane WR strategy this off-season, but that does look awful.  I guess Beane will be looking at other team's cuts.  I guess it's Hamler time or Shaver surprise.  The only silver lining is that they'll be working with Josh and maybe we'll get to see them in a better light without Trubisky throwing to them.

Getting Bishop and Edwards back practicing at safety is good news.

• Agree 1