Curtis Samuel Turf Toe, Other Injury Updates

Process

Keon Coleman’s cousin posting cryptic on IG… (Ceedee Lamb) I’ve definitely been on the “we have enough” wagon, but my goodness… these injuries are insane.   For that guy, I’m on the phone if I’m Beane on the off chance he’s available. 

Not overly concerned with most of those injuries as they are minor or players we hopefully won’t need/have depth for, but Samuel with turf toe is less than ideal… at worst, a major issue. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Like I'll never give up on this team, but this season isn't looking good. Turf toe is, or can be season ending. 

this is preseason and practice. Not heavy hitting real football and were this banged up already. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

Do you feel better now?

By depth I meant WR 4/5/6. MVS/Hollins/Claypool was a very strong group. 

Right now we are looking at Hollins as WR2 and Shavers/Hamler/ Isabella making the team as our depth, which yea is abysmal.

I didn’t think that they were particularly strong at the back of the depth chart with those guys. I think that those 3 would be somewhere between 4 & 6 on most depth charts with resumes saying that you shouldn’t expect much more. I’d just assume a guy like Shavers play than may be good or bad. I don’t really care if the Bills have Hollins/Claypool/MVS. I’d rather take a chance on someone trying to replicate their pedestrian production. 

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

not next year's one. that's gonna be a high one.

maybe the 2 from minnesota

Lol.. ok, if we somehow traded for Ceedee Lamb, we will not have a high 1st next year… stop it. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Going to call you out here. Can to link to a few of these posts in this thread where someone said "everything's ok?

Feel you're on your troll horse again riding high

A bunch of you have been saying everything will be fine when we were clearly starting a rebuild.

A bunch have said those of us existing in reality were Gloom and Doomers, Negative Nancies etc.

This has been utterly predictable and here we are.

Let me guess, next year everything will be hunky dory?

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Logic said:

Turf toe absolutely lingers and absolutely limits players' effectiveness.

Of all that bad injury news, Samuel having turf toe is easily the worst of it. Especially with how integral it sounded like he was going to be to this team's plans offensively. There is really no one on our offense that can replicate his skillset, either.

This is NOT good.

Potential week one WRs:

Coleman 
Hollins
Shakir
Shavers
Hamler

That is truly ugly. Good God.

The silver lining is that all these jags  (-Shakir) won’t be on the field all at once lol

the OL, DL TE LB CB and RB groups look good and deep.

in the modern NFL, seems the top teams have talented WR’s to put up points.

i dunno - can the TEs and RBs carry the O with JA throwing and big blocking WRs? It would be a different look offense…slow, power game…sometimes necessity breeds innovation