Curtis Samuel Turf Toe, Other Injury Updates

Process

18 minutes ago, Process said:

This is a pretty brutal update with so many guys being week to week this close to the season. 

Samuel with turf toe, isn't that something that can linger? And MVS out multiple weeks. Our depth at WR suddenly isn't looking that strong. 

And it looks like there is the potential for Lewis to be the starting S week 1. 

Lol, it was never looking strong. Samuel is probably the best “WR” on the team. He is more of a weapon but the Bills are counting on him for probably 6-8 touches a week. We had a bunch of scrubs at the back of the depth chart that will be substituted for by a bunch of other scrubs.

This WR room is abysmal. We have a couple of 2’s or 3’s in Samuel and Shakir. We have a raw rookie with some upside but separation concerns and some scrubs. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I defended the training staff earlier but all these hammy and groin injuries is a pretty bad look 

Everything’s ok according to some. No worries. Lololololol

• Eyeroll 1

This WR room is worse than most drought-era teams.  

I like Beane, but he is negligent in this.  It has been ignored for about 2-3 years now and its going to come to roost and waste at least another Josh Allen season

Its tough to stomach them paying Diggs like $30 million not to play here in exchange for another DL or RB 2nd round pick next year.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, it was never looking strong. Samuel is probably the best “WR” on the team. He is more of a weapon but the Bills are counting on him for probably 6-8 touches a week. We had a bunch of scrubs at the back of the depth chart that will be substituted for by a bunch of other scrubs.

This WR room is abysmal. We have a couple of 2’s or 3’s in Samuel and Shakir. We have a raw rookie with some upside but separation concerns and some scrubs. 

I still think it is better than Andre Holmes/Jordan Matthews/Deonte Thompson/Kaelin Clay in 2017, but not by a lot. It's inexcusable to me to have a WR room this bereft with Josh Allen in his prime.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, buffblue said:

I still think it is better than Andre Holmes/Jordan Matthews/Deonte Thompson/Kaelin Clay in 2017, but not by a lot. It's inexcusable to me to have a WR room this bereft with Josh Allen in his prime.

Can't draft offense when there are DTs and Safeties to be had!

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

Turf toe absolutely lingers and absolutely limits players' effectiveness.

Of all that bad injury news, Samuel having turf toe is easily the worst of it. Especially with how integral it sounded like he was going to be to this team's plans offensively. There is really no one on our offense that can replicate his skillset, either.

This is NOT good.

Potential week one WRs:

Coleman 
Hollins
Shakir
Shavers
Hamler

That is truly ugly. Good God.

Yes, agreed. A lot of people don't realize it, but turf toe is actually a torn ligament in the toe. It's a bad injury because you use your toes for basically everything involving forward/lateral/backward movement and jumping.

image.thumb.png.701af20e0db468d9265ee7d27ce7c5b9.png

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

more downward revisions to come. Was at 7-10.

But…..but….. with Josh at QB , it doesn’t matter what he’s surrounded with, we are always a favorite to make the Playoffs!!!!!

At least 50 posters on here told me so 😒

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Do you feel better now?

By depth I meant WR 4/5/6. MVS/Hollins/Claypool was a very strong group. 

Right now we are looking at Hollins as WR2 and Shavers/Hamler/ Isabella making the team as our depth, which yea is abysmal.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I'm sure you can barely contain your excitement.

In this case, no.

I wish I was wrong, but beane f*cked this roster the day he signed von miller to that ludicrous contract and handed out big money to dawson knox.

Unfortunately, Terry Pegula's like an absentee landlord any more (with good reason, given his wife's health) so these two jokers probably get a pass. I anticipate a top-12 pick spent on another small DT

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Everything’s ok according to some. No worries. Lololololol

Going to call you out here. Can to link to a few of these posts in this thread where someone said "everything's ok?

Feel you're on your troll horse again riding high

• Agree 1