Curtis Samuel Turf Toe, Other Injury Updates

Process

9 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

I’m sure Andy Isabella can do what Samuel is doing… for a fraction of the cost. And Josh trusts Isabella. This is not rocket science.

And Knox is getting top dollar. Why? Paying scrubs top dollar is the problem here.

Mismanagement of key assets.

Andy Isabella, who was on the 53 for the Bills/KC Divisional Round game, recently signed with a team in the United Football League.

Beane just filling that WR room with studs…

8 hours ago, Chicagobills said:

He could be playing thru toe injury. If he’s playing you don’t have to fully disclose the injury. I just don’t understand the lack of involvement. He’s a good player he’s him 

Josh is playing thru a finger injury and they have reported it everyday since it happened.

8 hours ago, Chicagobills said:

He could be playing thru toe injury. If he’s playing you don’t have to fully disclose the injury. I just don’t understand the lack of involvement. He’s a good player he’s him 

I believe the way it works is if he gets treatment, it has to be disclosed.  If he has bumps and bruises that dont require treatment they dont have to disclose that.

I hate to dump our issues on offense on one player, but Samuel being MIA has been a major issue for the offense.  I wasn’t expecting much from Hollins or MVS, but Samuel was the big offseason signing.  He had experience with Brady and excellent speed.  I gave him a pass for the 1st 3 weeks because of the turf toe, but this was his week to shine especially with Shakir out.  

So where is he?  Does he lack chemistry with Josh? Are Brady’s plays for him not working?  Can he not get open for the 1st time in his career?  

For this offense to work we need about 5 good targets.  Cook and Shakir are doing their jobs. Keon is doing the rookie thing, sometimes great sometimes not so great.  Kincaid has disappointed so far, but has shown sign of life.  Now the question is who will be that 5th target?  Samuel was hired to be that guy.  The guy we moved around the formation who could go from safety valve on certain plays, to ball carrier on others to the occasional deep threat.  I was expecting 2-5 catches a game with around 30-50 yards and an occasional big play.  At this point we are getting nothing from Curtis.  

Without Shakir, DC’s only have to game plan for Cook and Kincaid.  That’s not enough to make the offense go.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Agree 1

i think he's hurt because he looks just slow out there.

also, our o scheme is junior mints cheeks.  the Ds know what we are doing based on our line up and our people, it's pure disadvantage football.  and allen has turned into a pumpkin.  the last two weeks were the worst he's played since his rookie year.  the oc not taking that into account and trying to set up quicker hitting plays and stuff to the TEs and RBs is a sin and i will not forgive it.