Curtis Samuel Turf Toe, Other Injury Updates

Process

Just now, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

OK man, keep up the battle against these imaginary posters. 

You’re being ridiculous if you don’t think this. Or apparently you don’t read the board much. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Should have been easy to find some then I would think

I think it’s cute. If your 1600 posts half of them are directed at me. If you’d like I’ll send you some used underwear since your so far up my @$$.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

You’re another winner. I’ll send you a pair too 

• Disagree 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not interested in the underwear of a social media victim.  

so cute and witty. I expected nothing else from you. Getting involved in an argument that didn’t concern you to begin with. But you just can’t help yourself jumping in for your buddy to help in the fight. We all know it has nothing to do with helping him though, your just obsessed with me. 

20 hours ago, Logic said:

The severity of Samuel's turf toe would be a great thing to know, as it drastically affects the outlook for his recovery. We have to assume from the "week to week" language that it's not Grade 3. 

Grade 1: A mild case that may heal on its own in a few days to a week with rest. 

Grade 2: May require a few days to a couple of weeks off, but could take a few weeks to fully heal. 

Grade 3: Can take two to six months to heal, and may require surgery and wearing a cast for six or more weeks. A study of 15 football players with grade 3 injuries found they missed an average of 16.5 weeks of playing time while recovering from surgery. 

Man, Logic, he is WR 1 amongst a mostly new group of receivers.

Just terrible.

EDIT: and we have Miami, in Miami, 4 days after opening day.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

so cute and witty. I expected nothing else from you. Getting involved in an argument that didn’t concern you to begin with. But you just can’t help yourself jumping in for your buddy to help in the fight. We all know it has nothing to do with helping him though, your just obsessed with me

I mean, you did offer me your underwear.  

"You're"

11 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

This would be an appropriate time to remind some that GMBB has drafted 6 DL and 3 RB in rounds 1-3 of the draft, while Keon is the only WR drafted in these top rounds.  

Not taking more top picks on WRs, while selecting many defensive busts is both bad roster management and a huge disservice to our generational QB.

2 tight ends in rounds 1-3... traded a 1 for Diggs.  Signed... Brown, Bease, Sanders, now Samuel.  There are seasons where as many as 6 or 7 WRs are off the board by the time buffalo drafts.  After that there are gems of course, but there is a lot more trash to sift through.  Who knows, maybe Coleman or Shakir is one of those gems!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think it’s cute. If your 1600 posts half of them are directed at me. If you’d like I’ll send you some used underwear since your so far up my @$$.  

You’re another winner. I’ll send you a pair too 

My guy, you're locked in a battle against an idea that no one has actually posted and we're calling you out on it because you keep doing it.

• Like (+1) 2

I never thought that an @mrags @Royale with Cheese and @Slippery Rubber Mats  was the Board squabble I needed or deserved (or didn't need and didn't deserve, or needed and didn't...look that phrasing just always confused me), but I am so all in because it is just that kind of day for me. I can't stop clicking the back arrow to see where things went awry.

I wish I had donuts.

...and no that irony is not lost on me.

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

2 tight ends in rounds 1-3... traded a 1 for Diggs.  Signed... Brown, Bease, Sanders, now Samuel.  There are seasons where as many as 6 or 7 WRs are off the board by the time buffalo drafts.  After that there are gems of course, but there is a lot more trash to sift through.  Who knows, maybe Coleman or Shakir is one of those gems!

Shakir is the one I am most interested in seeing.  Maybe it's the media hype on training camp reports but I think he could really, really breakout.

Kincaid of course going into year 2.

These guys, along with Samuel give us a lot of strength in the middle.

But it all depends on what kind of production we can get on the outside.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Yeah except since Josh has been here there are two years that only two were drafted in the first round. One year with six. This last draft there were seven but 3 of them were taken with Buffalo's pick given to KC  or later. 

There are many more WRs produced in college now as almost everyone is running 3-5 WR sets all the time. 

That said, Beane got Diggs. And Davis after the 4 TD game looked like a star. It is easy in retrospect to say they should have done more at WR in the draft. 

However only drafting one after trading down and then giving Diggs away is total GM incompetence. Beane even said he made the team worse by trading him. Hopefully one day we will know what made them trade Diggs and why they couldn't make it work. If it was because of McDermott then it is just another indictment of the fraud of a coach he is. If was between Allen and Diggs, then shame on both of them for not working it out. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Somewhat encouraging (as long as its the milder 3-week variety) since he hasn't practiced since well before Saturday's game. Would put him at about 9/1 for readiness.

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Man, Logic, he is WR 1 amongst a mostly new group of receivers.

Just terrible.

EDIT: and we have Miami, in Miami, 4 days after opening day.

Yeah. He is arguably the offensive skill player we could LEAST afford to lose. 

I'm not sure everyone fully grasps how big a role he is going to play in this offense. It's not that he'll necessarily be the #1 read on every play or some kind of target monster. Heck, he may not even surpass 1,000 yards receiving. But every report out of camp indicates that Brady has him CONSTANTLY on the move before the snap. Out wide, in the slot, in the backfield. Orbit motions, return motions, jet sweeps, screens. All kinds of things to manipulate the defense, ID coverage, and make life easier for Josh Allen. To lose that element for any length of time is going to have a major impact on what the offense can do.

Furthermore, I don't see another player on the roster who can replace what Samuel brings. KJ Hamler would be my best guess, but I haven't heard any reports about him doing the same things Samuel's been doing throughout camp. It would theoretically all be new to him. To expect him to go from WR6/7 and a fringe roster guy to "starting WR and integral cog in the Bills offense" seems like a big ask.

Here's hoping Samuel can be ready by week 1. And if not, then let him miss the first two games and heal up completely rather than come back early and risk re-injury. I'd rather have a fully healthy Curtis Samuel from week three on ward than a gimpy, on-and-off the field Curtis Samuel from week 1 onward.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, skibum said:

I hear people say this every year, and it's so dumb. You don't 'get injuries out of the way'. They just keep happening, regardless of whether or not they have already happened. In fact, the impact of injuries on a team is bound to be worse if they happen early, because the affected players are likely to play hurt and get even more hurt later.

There is no annual NFL injury cap, where once you reach it your players no longer get hurt. Nope, they just keep getting hurt. 

Wait, there's not a quota on injuries?

Damn! We're screwed. 😉

Edited by Donuts and Doritos