Curtis Samuel Turf Toe, Other Injury Updates

Process

Just now, Jon in Pasadena said:

You're a gosh-darned racehorse, you are!

(or you need a bigger can)

I thought about switching to pounders but then wondered if it would still be the same problem on a different scale. 

But I think it actually will work if I just don't wait til I'm in racehorse mode.

I just crack up when I think about how quickly I went from "this is perfect" to "oh shlt......"

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

I thought about switching to pounders but then wondered if it would still be the same problem on a different scale. 

But I think it actually will work if I just don't wait til I'm in racehorse mode.

I just crack up when I think about how quickly I went from "this is perfect" to "oh shlt......"

And I was sitting over here reading your post just anticipating a "backsplash" situation... 😆

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Actually it was @Avisan:

" ~60% completion percentage for ~4,200 yards and 25 touchdowns."

Yeah.  Not, well, good, but adequate.  Obviously we wouldn't be throwing 500+ passes to Mack Hollins, but when pressed into service he is, in fact, serviceable.

I liked things better when he was looking like he would be our #5, and not our #2.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

I've been defending Beane WR strategy this off-season, but that does look awful.  I guess Beane will be looking at other team's cuts.  I guess it's Hamler time or Shaver surprise.  The only silver lining is that they'll be working with Josh and maybe we'll get to see them in a better light without Trubisky throwing to them.

Getting Bishop and Edwards back practicing at safety is good news.

I thought a room of Samual, Shakir, Kincaid, and Knox was solid. Not exciting, but not a liability. But that the group was also extremely thin, lose one of those guys and I was concerned. Now with Samual having a very bad injury for a WR… I’m quietly very nervous 

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, Simon said:

I tried pissing in a can once because I didn't want to get out of my kayak.

It was working great and I was thrilled that I had come up with a new solution to one of my pet peeves!

Then the galdanged can filled up when I was still mid-piss and I was totally #*$*ed :lol:

why not just piss in the lake if you're already on a kayak

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

You probably aggravate it dancing a round like that in your speedo! 

That was actually my first thought….it lingers. 

What lingers?........me dancing around in my Speedo or the thought of me dancing around in my Speedo cause i'm saying good luck with getting that image out of your head.

I'm not a good-looking man and that Speedo ain't helping.

8 hours ago, Simon said:

I tried pissing in a can once because I didn't want to get out of my kayak.

It was working great and I was thrilled that I had come up with a new solution to one of my pet peeves!

Then the galdanged can filled up when I was still mid-piss and I was totally #*$*ed :lol:

My fishin buddy has a big old Nitro boat. Probably going for close to $90k these days.

His most prideful possession in said boat? The 17 year old, cut in half Tide piss bucket from his previous boat. Doesn’t matter how many tallboys you have there’s always room💪

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

why not just piss in the lake if you're already on a kayak

man if you got the equipment to hang it over the edge of a kayak there's probably another line of work in your calling.

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You're right....they all would've gotten injured.  

Honestly who knows where we would be? Whoever else we drafted could have been injured, could possibly not be ready or not that good, could be the second coming of Jerry Rice. Hindsight is easy. I myself was hoping for a second receiver to be drafted, but I know it may or may not have made a difference. This Samuel injury though has certainly is going to make a difference in a very negative way if it doesn’t resolve itself in the next few weeks.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Take a look at one of the multiple “xxx is injured” threads. Or the “secretly upgraded out wr group” thread. or anyone that’s given me crap since we drafted that dud Coleman. 

anyway, I’ve already said I didn’t point to this specific thread. If you read my original post incorrectly, that’s a you problem. 

Nah dude, so anyone who "gave you crap" about not liking Coleman thinks we're OK with how we look currently?

These posts are so common yet you can't drag up a single one LOL

17 hours ago, Logic said:

The severity of Samuel's turf toe would be a great thing to know, as it drastically affects the outlook for his recovery. We have to assume from the "week to week" language that it's not Grade 3. 

Grade 1: A mild case that may heal on its own in a few days to a week with rest. 

Grade 2: May require a few days to a couple of weeks off, but could take a few weeks to fully heal. 

Grade 3: Can take two to six months to heal, and may require surgery and wearing a cast for six or more weeks. A study of 15 football players with grade 3 injuries found they missed an average of 16.5 weeks of playing time while recovering from surgery. 

Exactly, its like the difference between a mild knee sprain and almost an acl tear wide range of turf toe severity. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

What lingers?........me dancing around in my Speedo or the thought of me dancing around in my Speedo cause i'm saying good luck with getting that image out of your head.

I'm not a good-looking man and that Speedo ain't helping.

Ummmmm………yes. 

Isn't ironic that the Bills' seem to suffer more injuries than ever over the past few years.

This with all the advanced sports science people who are extremely involved in every player's physical condition, guiding rest days, strength & conditioning, keeping metrics and analyzing to obtain optimum health and performance, etc.

Or, is the staff just overly cautious with returning players to action?

I just think it's so strange that after a couple of seasons in which there were relatively few injuries, they've been hit hard the last couple of years.  We're only 2 preseason games into the season and the infirmary is full.  

18 hours ago, Logic said:

The severity of Samuel's turf toe would be a great thing to know, as it drastically affects the outlook for his recovery. We have to assume from the "week to week" language that it's not Grade 3. 

Grade 1: A mild case that may heal on its own in a few days to a week with rest. 

Grade 2: May require a few days to a couple of weeks off, but could take a few weeks to fully heal. 

Grade 3: Can take two to six months to heal, and may require surgery and wearing a cast for six or more weeks. A study of 15 football players with grade 3 injuries found they missed an average of 16.5 weeks of playing time while recovering from surgery. 

Based on those definitions and McD’s history, it’s Grade 2. Grade 1 would fall under McD’s “day to day”. “Week to week” almost always means out 2+ weeks, but not much more than a month. 

• Like (+1) 2

We can’t wait around to see how bad it is with Samuel. You have to go get a guy here. This injury lingers and you can’t have this C- group of WRs without the 1 real top guy. Other teams will shut everything we want to do down. You can’t have zero threat at WR. Live with the complaints from the fans that overvalue draft picks and trade for a real WR. You aren’t picking Corey Davis up and making up for this loss. Get creative with the contract numbers to fit it in for 24 and trade for a #1

2 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Nah dude, so anyone who "gave you crap" about not liking Coleman thinks we're OK with how we look currently?

These posts are so common yet you can't drag up a single one LOL

Just stop dude. You’re obsessed. 

• Haha (+1) 1