Curtis Samuel Turf Toe, Other Injury Updates

Process

The injuries suck.  But we still have Allen and some talented dudes.  
Let’s face it, other than Bills fans no one cares about the injuries on this team… and we don’t care about the injuries of our opponents. 

Whoever is out there needs to ball out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

I was probably semi in the minority thinking that the WR room was good enough. But they have to bring in someone of significance at this point. I know that's difficult at this point but you gotta find a way. 

Did they not like Corey Davis?  They should’ve called his agent first thing this morning.

Michael Thomas would likely be an injury waiting to happen.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Getting injuries out of the way early this season.

It's too bad our bye week isn't week 1

• Haha (+1) 5

48 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The Bills need to look at Eric Ciano's approach to strength and conditioning this coming off-season, especially in his injury reduction strategy and program.  If he has one, it's not great.   I don't know why he continues to get a free pass - he's in charge of the conditioning and keeping these players on the field.   

I don't know if players are going too hard in the off-season, or not enough, or doing a wrong program, or not enough stretching, or wrong equipment.  It's not just bad luck.  

They should have done this this past off season as the Bills OL looked gassed by halftime every game last year, and the injuries took hold in every unit.  It got absurd last year when the Bills trotted out both an injured punter *and* kicker.

The same members of the Bills week 1 OL started every game and also played nearly every snap together last season.  I don’t think any other team has been this healthy.

I’d love it if the solution was as simple as firing Ciano but there’s injuries on every NFL team.  The Bills need the right players to step up

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Honest Q:

Can Isabella fill in for Samuel or does he lack the speed? I don’t know much about him except he was a stud in camp last year. 

and he’s tough and doesn’t seem to miss time due to injury…

Idk this for myself, but WGR has talked about Isabella not being the dude that can handle contact. Not great at shedding it either. Maybe that can be confirmed by others here but that may be a difference right there if true. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

So all our WR’s stink but it’s the end of the world if some of them get hurt.  The chicken littles need to at least try to be consistent.  Injuries happen. As long as Josh, Dawkins, and Kincaid can play, we have enough depth to compete as long as the coaches don’t make dumb decisions like playing washed-up or never-been’s instead of the promising young players on the roster.  

Great time to get Coleman involved speed up his development.

Samuel's injury is concerning turf toe can be a "simple" 2-4 week injury (and with just under 3 weeks to go until the opener that gives Samuel a chance to play week 1) or it could be a longer lingering injury. I really hope he is going to be fine by week 1 or 2 and not have lingering effects. Of the other injuries I think Hamlin and MVS are the ones of consequence. MVS injury looks like it could be longer term, I know fans weren't expecting much from MVS but he's a vet who can pop a big play here and there, I always looked at him as solid WR4 depth.

Hamlin was acting as the starting safety in the face of the Bishop/Edwards injuries. I don't expect Hamlin to be the starting safety long term but he was in line to likely hold down that position for a couple of games while Edwards and Bishop get up to speed so to speak. While it is good Bishop and Edwards are coming back slowly this week it would be nice to have an option out there in case they don't progress in time. 

3 hours ago, mrags said:

I Never said this thread. Just in general on this message board. We have a whole 100+ page dedication to how many people think the same WR room is fine. Er….. WAS 

Oh I see, waves hand, “all those posts” but no examples 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Dude we're hit with injuries every year.  And guess what, we'll probably have more injuries next year. I wanted at least a 2nd drafted wr as insurance.  You know, in case your house burns down with injuries.  

Who says that receiver isn’t injured also?

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Good thing week 1 we play the Cardinals - expect us to run it nonstop. Their D should be pretty poor this season. 

Then week 2 we play dolphins which is what about 3 weeks from now? I’d just shut down Samuels until then. 

Almost 4 weeks actually 

6 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I do it all the time.  Just need an empty beer can.

I tried pissing in a can once because I didn't want to get out of my kayak.

It was working great and I was thrilled that I had come up with a new solution to one of my pet peeves!

Then the galdanged can filled up when I was still mid-piss and I was totally #*$*ed :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

This would be an appropriate time to remind some that GMBB has drafted 6 DL and 3 RB in rounds 1-3 of the draft, while Keon is the only WR drafted in these top rounds.  

Not taking more top picks on WRs, while selecting many defensive busts is both bad roster management and a huge disservice to our generational QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

I tried pissing in a can once because I didn't want to get out of my kayak.

It was working great and I was thrilled that I had come up with a new solution to one of my pet peeves!

Then the galdanged can filled up when I was still mid-piss and I was totally #*$*ed :lol:

You're a gosh-darned racehorse, you are!

(or you need a bigger can)

35 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Oh I see, waves hand, “all those posts” but no examples 

Take a look at one of the multiple “xxx is injured” threads. Or the “secretly upgraded out wr group” thread. or anyone that’s given me crap since we drafted that dud Coleman. 

anyway, I’ve already said I didn’t point to this specific thread. If you read my original post incorrectly, that’s a you problem.