Curtis Samuel Turf Toe, Other Injury Updates

Process

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is the exact reason why I was pounding the table for us drafting 2-3 wrs this last draft.  McB deserves everything they get.

Were you pounding the table in the 2023 draft to pick up extra LB, because you knew we would be hit hard with injuries there?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The injuries obviously suck, but before I go off all gloom and doom, I want to see what Beane does.  With Trubisky out, I would expect another QB added just to play in this last preseason game.  Who they add beyond that will tell us a lot about the seriousness of the other injuries.    

Is this possibly the most depressing, yet fair and accurate, thread title every year? 

This time of year we all want no news. Like, stuck on the first page with lots of thumbs up! 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm being made fun of by having composure and not being a drama queen.  Amazing.

Yes, because there's nothing more mockable than someone who's so blinkered that they can't see the obvious

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Were you pounding the table in the 2023 draft to pick up extra LB, because you knew we would be hit hard with injuries there?

Dude we're hit with injuries every year.  And guess what, we'll probably have more injuries next year. I wanted at least a 2nd drafted wr as insurance.  You know, in case your house burns down with injuries.  

There is another way to weather this storm.  Shakir moves to the boundary,  Kincaid to the slot, Coleman the other boundary and Knox/Morris/Davidson man the TE position.  You can also see more Davis and Cook on the field at the same time.   

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If Samuel comes back first week of November that’s over 12 weeks off - Nov 3 vs Miami.  

He’d be back for the last 9 games.  

Why rush him back and deal with this every week.  Get him right.  

Why rush him back?

Because with the wide receiver depth chart minus Curtis Samuel, the Bills' chances at staying afloat until November don't seem great. 

It'd be lovely to get a full strength Samuel back in November, sure, but not if the Bills are 3-5 at that point.

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Dude we're hit with injuries every year.  And guess what, we'll probably have more injuries next year. I wanted at least a 2nd drafted wr as insurance.  You know, in case your house burns down with injuries.  

Yes but the point is, you can't know in advance what position group is going to be hit with a cluster of serious injuries all before the 2nd preseason game is in the books.

Also, maybe they looked at what was left at WR in the draft and concluded that there wasn't anything there that was likely to help us more than the FA cuts that will be available after cutdown day. 

Dude.

Edited by Jon in Pasadena
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If Samuel comes back first week of November that’s over 12 weeks off - Nov 3 vs Miami.  

He’d be back for the last 9 games.  

Why rush him back and deal with this every week.  Get him right.  

Great.  Maybe I can play slot the first eight games.  We don't have the luxury of getting him right.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Why rush him back?

Because with the wide receiver depth chart minus Curtis Samuel, the Bills' chances at staying afloat until November don't seem great. 

It'd be lovely to get a full strength Samuel back in November, sure, but not if the Bills are 3-5 at that point.

I think we can be 4-4 or 5-3 and 10-7 will get in the playoffs.  

Win the 3 home games - AZ, JAX, TEN and win 1 of the 5 road games minimum.  

That not possible without Samuel?  

2 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Mitch Trubisky injured - with what, a suspected torn heartilage?

That Sir, is right up there for post of the year, 😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Yeah just because I’ve questioned every move they’ve made this entire offseason, as well as multiple off seasons now under this regime. And I’m on troll horse. Where many might ask why all the sudden it’s a problem, as if it was expected that these injuries would happen. 

well, it seems they have happened now for the past 3+ years with this team. And while that might actually be happenstance, or coincidence, it is not something that shouldn’t be expected. How many times have people said that it’s a rough game and everyone gets hurt/injured, that it’s just a matter of time. 

well, I’m here to tell you that plenty of people know this will, or might actually happen. And those of us believe that this team is weak and soft. Not just from the standpoint of injury, but the replacements to back them up. 

yes, it’s no surprise that I was not a fan of the Coleman pick. But what made it worse was not taking someone else in a loaded WR draft. There was plenty of serious possibilities in the mid to later rounds that we could have had. And while everyone was healthy on this team, it might not have been needed. But as I, and others will point out, you don’t take your chances with just 1 guy. Because well, what if Coleman doesn’t with out. What if Samuel doesn’t work out. What if Brady’s offense isn’t effective and he gets fired halfway through the season also and we go in yet another direction for the 3rd straight year. Or GOD FORBID, because this is a rough game, we have multiple injuries to the WR position. 

While some of you believed we were perfectly fine at the position, and others argued against it, now it doesn’t look so hot. 

I guess I’ll just keep trolling away. At least I’m not wearing rose colored glasses. 

Not that you have to or anything I mean, who am I, but just gonna point out here that you did not answer my question