Cee Dee Lamb rejects Cowboys latest offer

Gregg

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

zero of the highest paid QBs based on average annual income this year have ever won a Super Bowl and only two have even made it. Should we move on from Allen and not jump back into this crazy QB market because nobody wins Super Bowls with expensive QBs?

QB's salary rankings fluctuate much more than any other position.  The highest paid QB has changed I think 5-6 times in the last 2 years.  

Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Big Ben, Peyton Manning have all won Super Bowls with high end contracts.  Just because they went from top 3 highest paid QB one year and then outside of the top 7 a year doesn't mean they aren't highly paid.  They are still eating up a significant and largest % of the salary cap.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

QB's salary rankings fluctuate much more than any other position.  The highest paid QB has changed I think 5-6 times in the last 2 years.  

Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Big Ben, Peyton Manning have all won Super Bowls with high end contracts.  Just because they went from top 3 highest paid QB one year and then outside of the top 7 a year doesn't mean they aren't highly paid.  They are still eating up a significant and largest % of the salary cap.

Do they really? Highest paid WR changes all the time as well

And don't change the subject to 'high end contracts' lol. The guy I responded to quite clearly used lack of SB rings amongst top10 highest WR salaries to say they're a bad investment. I'm simply giving you the QB contrapositive to illustrate the silliness of the argument

21 hours ago, Roundybout said:

MLFootball just did a "Best Player of All Time For Each Franchise" thread and it was obvious the owner of the account has minimal football knowledge. 

For the Bills, he put OJ.

For Pittsburgh, he put Ben Roethlisberger. 

OJ did have the greatest single season in history at his position.. he’s the only Bill who can say that, with that said I’d say it’s Bruce at the moment but Allen is coming.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Do they really? Highest paid WR changes all the time as well

And don't change the subject to 'high end contracts' lol. The guy I responded to quite clearly used lack of SB rings amongst top10 highest WR salaries to say they're a bad investment. I'm simply giving you the QB contrapositive to illustrate the silliness of the argument

I can use the high end contracts because you have contracts like Patrick Mahomes who signed a 10 year contract.  He won't be anywhere near the highest paid QB for awhile.  How many WR's in the NFL are on a 10 year contract?  Josh Allen is on a 6 year contract.  Put Mahomes and Allen on 4 year contracts and see what happens to the rankings.

Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs in recent years signed a 4 year contract extension.  Hill another one just a few weeks ago.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I can use the high end contracts because you have contracts like Patrick Mahomes who signed a 10 year contract.  He won't be anywhere near the highest paid QB for awhile.  How many WR's in the NFL are on a 10 year contract?  Josh Allen is on a 6 year contract.  Put Mahomes and Allen on 4 year contracts and see what happens to the rankings.

Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs in recent years signed a 4 year contract extension.  Hill another one just a few weeks ago.

very clearly talking AAV

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

very clearly talking AAV

Yes and?

The AAV for someone like Patrick Mahomes is going to drop down each season.  When he signed it, he was the highest AAV.

So with that 10 year contract, he's not going to up that for a long time.  Tyreek Hill has had two contracts in the last 3 seasons.  

What would happen to the AAV rankings if Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen signed new extensions every 3 seasons?

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes and?

The AAV for someone like Patrick Mahomes is going to drop down each season.  When he signed it, he was the highest AAV.

So with that 10 year contract, he's not going to up that for a long time.  Tyreek Hill has had two contracts in the last 3 seasons.  

What would happen to the AAV rankings if Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen signed new extensions every 3 seasons?

40 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Before you contradict yourself further I wanted to let you know I have no idea what your point is anymore and you are free to continue arguing w youself

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes and?

They are the two most valuable players in the league and it isn't close.

QB is clearly the most important position on the football field, and it makes sense to invest a sizable portion of your cap in one you think you can win with. Paying the wrong guy probably limits your team, but not as much as having a bad QB...so it is a decent risk.

Paying a WR 10+% of your cap when you need to start 3 WR (let alone all the other positions) seems pretty crazy. Sign two more good players and you are saying that WR position (all 3) is as or more important than QB. More important than OL. More important than DL and CB. That is a recent development...it wasn't that long ago that WR was not even a top tier position. We will see what happens with teams that pay WR like the second most important position on the field.

What I can say is this...If you are paying a QB top money AND a WR (or 2 WR like the bengals), you better be REALLY good at drafting all the other positions or plan on winning a bunch of shootouts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Before you contradict yourself further I wanted to let you know I have no idea what your point is anymore and you are free to continue arguing w youself

I'm not contradicting myself.

I specifically brought up Mahomes and Allen because of their long contracts.  That doesn't mean the likes of Kyler Murray and Jared Goff aren't getting paid as well.

They just aren't getting as long contracts.  

Top QB's like Mahomes are not going to be near the top for longer periods of time because the length of their contracts. 

Your argument works that the top paid 10 QB aav don't have Super Bowls because the top one is on the longest contract.

He still counts top 5 in % of their teams cap 4 years after signing his contract.

Can you let me know how many 6 and 10 year WR contracts in the NFL?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not contradicting myself.

I specifically brought up Mahomes and Allen because of their long contracts.  That doesn't mean the likes of Kyler Murray and Jared Goff aren't getting paid as well.

They just aren't getting as long contracts.  

Top QB's like Mahomes are not going to be near the top for longer periods of time because the length of their contracts. 

Your argument works that the top paid 10 QB aav don't have Super Bowls because the top one is on the longest contract.

He still counts top 5 in % of their teams cap 4 years after signing his contract.

Can you let me know how many 6 and 10 year WR contracts in the NFL?

Ok you don't like QBs then let's look at top 10 highest paid DEs

Or how about corners or left tackles

I'll spare you the suspense- not a lot of Super Bowl rings on any of those lists

That's because there aren't a lot of Super Bowl rings to go around, not because being paid in the top10 of a given position means it isn't important, or you shouldn't spend $$$ there. You're arguing a bad premise.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Ok you don't like QBs then let's look at top 10 highest paid DEs

Or how about corners or left tackles

I'll spare you the suspense- not a lot of Super Bowl rings on any of those lists

That's because there aren't a lot of Super Bowl rings to go around, not because being paid in the top10 of a given position means it isn't important, or you shouldn't spend $$$ there. You're arguing a bad premise.

That is not my premise.  I never said you can't or shouldn't pay a top WR.  

I actually looked it up just because of the situation we are in.  I was surprised.

So what I got out of it is that there isn't one way to win a Super Bowl.  So pounding the table that we are going to struggle because we don't have that top wide out is jumping the gun.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

That is not my premise.  I never said you can't or shouldn't pay a top WR.  

I actually looked it up just because of the situation we are in.  I was surprised.

So what I got out of it is that there isn't one way to win a Super Bowl.  So pounding the table that we are going to struggle because we don't have that top wide out is jumping the gun.

Then why tf do you keep @ me when that's the premise I was responding to originally from someone else