Tyreek Hill (Miami Dolphins) - $30M

Jaylen Waddle (Dolphins) - $28.25M

Davante Adams (Raiders) - $28 M

Cooper Kupp (Rams) - $26.7M

DeVonta Smith ( Eagles) - $25M

Nico Collins (Texans) - $24.25M

D.K. Metcalf (Seahawks) - $24M

This is yearly average annual income. 

Here are the highest paid receivers this year based on average annual income. Of those listed, Kupp was paid after the Rams won the SB in 2022; Hill was traded after the Chiefs won in 2020, year two of his three year $54M contract. Nobody else on the list has a ring. St. Brown, Collins and Kupp have the best chance to get to a SB this year. (The fish will flounder as always)”
 Lamb may get paid but the Boys will be no closer to winning a Super Bowl than last year when the bottom seed Packers drilled their backsides at home. This trend is likely to go the way of highly paid RB if nobody wins super bowls with expensive receivers. So far the Chiefs, a dynasty, are the only ones. They knew Hill was greedy and the model was unsustainable. He left and they kept winning. I have no issue with the Bills moving out Diggs and not jumping back into this crazy receiver market.  They haven’t beaten the Chiefs but lately nobody has. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Imo this shows how it is imperative to draft these wrs early. Lamb was selected at #17. Even if the Cowboys lose him they got four very good, and not too expensive seasons out of him. 

The thing is, McDermott doesn't focus much on wide receivers. In fact, since 2017, McDermott has only drafted TWO wide receivers in round 2  and NONE in round one and yes; I am aware of the Diggs trade. 

During this same time span, he drafted 5 defensive players in round one, and 3 in round two. In 2017 he traded back (giving away the Mahomes pick) and twice he traded UP to draft defenders (Elam and Edmunds). It is important to note that Beane wasn't here in 2017, although it is a popular thing to blame all questionable drafts on him, and not McDermott.

It is hard for me to visualize a great deal of improvement unless he at some point decides to provide Josh Allen with more and better receivers. Doing so would seem to make total sense.

Jmo.

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/bills

3 of our last 5 first picks in the draft were used on pass catchers for Allen.  4 of our last 6 picks in first 2 rounds were on the offense in general.  

I cannot say this strongly enough:

Stop following Dov Kleiman. He is the absolute WORST of the content aggregators on Twitter. He's awful.

@32BeatWriters is an example of content aggregation done well. But MLFootball, JPAFootball, NFLNotifications, and especially DovKleiman, are all awful and do not deserve your clicks.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BarleyNY said:

I feel ya. But it’s where the league is now. 

yea i know. :(  and always will be in a for profit organization
Harris 69 had a good post though.

there is a secret sauce somewhere to be discovered for the Bills, and I dont think it is having a #1 WR like Justin J etc.

Sure does help though lol. :D

Maybe two 1Bs

Maybe 3 2As

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I cannot say this strongly enough:

Stop following Dov Kleiman. He is the absolute WORST of the content aggregators on Twitter. He's awful.

@32BeatWriters is an example of content aggregation done well. But MLFootball, JPAFootball, NFLNotifications, and especially DovKleiman, are all awful and do not deserve your clicks.

MLFootball just did a "Best Player of All Time For Each Franchise" thread and it was obvious the owner of the account has minimal football knowledge. 

For the Bills, he put OJ.

For Pittsburgh, he put Ben Roethlisberger. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

MLFootball just did a "Best Player of All Time For Each Franchise" thread and it was obvious the owner of the account has minimal football knowledge. 

For the Bills, he put OJ.

For Pittsburgh, he put Ben Roethlisberger. 

I never saw OJ and he sounds like he was a bit of a bad guy, but is that really wrong? I think you could also make the case for Big Rape being the best Steeler ever too.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I never saw OJ and he sounds like he was a bit of a bad guy, but is that really wrong? I think you could also make the case for Big Rape being the best Steeler ever too.

I'll put Bruce over OJ any day, even putting aside the whole murder thing. Longer career and simply one of the greatest defensive players ever. 

As for the Steelers, give me Mean Joe Greene, Lynn Swann, or Iron Mike over Big Ben.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

I'll put Bruce over OJ any day, even putting aside the whole murder thing. Longer career and simply one of the greatest defensive players ever. 

As for the Steelers, give me Mean Joe Greene, Lynn Swann, or Iron Mike over Big Ben.

How about Jack Lambert? 

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He wasn't even the best steeler on his team

13 hours ago, Jimmy Harris 69 said:

Justin Jefferson ( Vikings) - $35M

A.J. Brown (Eagles)-$32M

Amon-Ra St. Brown (Lions) - $30.002 

Tyreek Hill (Miami Dolphins) - $30M

Jaylen Waddle (Dolphins) - $28.25M

Davante Adams (Raiders) - $28 M

Cooper Kupp (Rams) - $26.7M

DeVonta Smith ( Eagles) - $25M

Nico Collins (Texans) - $24.25M

D.K. Metcalf (Seahawks) - $24M

This is yearly average annual income. 

Here are the highest paid receivers this year based on average annual income. Of those listed, Kupp was paid after the Rams won the SB in 2022; Hill was traded after the Chiefs won in 2020, year two of his three year $54M contract. Nobody else on the list has a ring. St. Brown, Collins and Kupp have the best chance to get to a SB this year. (The fish will flounder as always)”
 Lamb may get paid but the Boys will be no closer to winning a Super Bowl than last year when the bottom seed Packers drilled their backsides at home. This trend is likely to go the way of highly paid RB if nobody wins super bowls with expensive receivers. So far the Chiefs, a dynasty, are the only ones. They knew Hill was greedy and the model was unsustainable. He left and they kept winning. I have no issue with the Bills moving out Diggs and not jumping back into this crazy receiver market.  They haven’t beaten the Chiefs but lately nobody has. 

zero of the highest paid QBs based on average annual income this year have ever won a Super Bowl and only two have even made it. Should we move on from Allen and not jump back into this crazy QB market because nobody wins Super Bowls with expensive QBs?

On 8/20/2024 at 12:41 PM, Utah John said:

The Bills have quietly gone large with their WRs and TEs.  Except for Shakir at 6'0'', all the WRs and TEs are all around 6'3" or taller.  With many teams following the Bills D by going to fast, smaller LBs, I think the Bills plan is to create height matchup problems in the pass game, and body mass problems in the running game downfield, for defenses.  This is a completely different approach than the typical WR1 diva mentality.  I have no idea if it will work, but with the Bills cap situation this year probably they Bills didn't have any choice except to be creative with their offense. They're going against the grain, which works sometimes and doesn't work others.  

This is a little of what the Patriots did for years, in the idea of evaluating the trends and going directly against them in order to exploit the weakness and create opportunities that others couldn’t counter.   In a way, I REALLY like it.  I actually believe it COULD work because of Allen.  When you have a QB that CAN do anything, it keeps teams honest.  The reason it could absolutely fail miserably is Allen.  He wants the big play, he’s shown a real lack of ability to settle for the easy stuff, especially when they are down and when he’s being coached to do it, he almost looked disinterested at times.   If they set him up, kind of the way Reid has with Mahomes, where he doesn’t have to take a ton of shot plays, BUT still lets him freewheel it a little bit and be creative, I think Josh can thrive.   That said, how long before he feels compelled to take over and starts making bone head plays?  That’s the real risk here.

10 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

zero of the highest paid QBs based on average annual income this year have ever won a Super Bowl and only two have even made it. Should we move on from Allen and not jump back into this crazy QB market because nobody wins Super Bowls with expensive QBs?

Obviously not.  The Chiefs have shown the way you win with a highly paid QB.  You MUST draft well, your defense MUST show up when it matters and your QB MUST be darn near perfect to win.  Thus far, only Allen being darn near perfect has happened when it mattered.  Allen put the team in position to win against the Chiefs in the playoffs twice and the team let it go.   Some of that is coaching, some of that is poor drafting( not finding any truly impact players) in the early rounds, which has left the team incapable of making that one play they need.  They let Mahomes march down in 13 seconds and Jones hit Allen enough to stop a TD when they needed it, resulting in the missed kick.

On 8/19/2024 at 4:25 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Imo this shows how it is imperative to draft these wrs early. Lamb was selected at #17. Even if the Cowboys lose him they got four very good, and not too expensive seasons out of him. 

The thing is, McDermott doesn't focus much on wide receivers. In fact, since 2017, McDermott has only drafted TWO wide receivers in round 2  and NONE in round one and yes; I am aware of the Diggs trade. 

During this same time span, he drafted 5 defensive players in round one, and 3 in round two. In 2017 he traded back (giving away the Mahomes pick) and twice he traded UP to draft defenders (Elam and Edmunds). It is important to note that Beane wasn't here in 2017, although it is a popular thing to blame all questionable drafts on him, and not McDermott.

It is hard for me to visualize a great deal of improvement unless he at some point decides to provide Josh Allen with more and better receivers. Doing so would seem to make total sense.

Jmo.

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/bills

I mean Buffalo does have the best 3rd down % and a routinely top offense every single year so is it really necessary? I think the issue is more about the defensive picks not panning out than the lack of offensive fire power. Buffalo put up a good scoring effort against the Chiefs. Issue was by far the defense and special teams, the same as it was the last time we faced the Chiefs in the post-season. Allen and company are going to get there’s. The only time they really stalled out was against the Bengals and then the AFCC game against KC once again. I guess you could say the Ravens, but I think they went on cruise control once Lamar went out of the game. I think it’s a huge misconception on this forum and the media that Buffalo doesn’t have enough weapons to compete. The problem has always been the defense and it will continue to be until they learn to stop people when it matters. 

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Allen signed a six-year, $258 million contract with the Bills in 2021. With that $43 million annual average value, Allen is 13th among quarterbacks, per contract website Spotrac. So we are good. 

Just now, Jimmy Harris 69 said:

Allen signed a six-year, $258 million contract with the Bills in 2021. With that $43 million annual average value, Allen is 13th among quarterbacks, per contract website Spotrac. So we are good. 

so ill put you down for a no on extending him

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

so ill put you down for a no on extending him

Oh contraire. Josh Allen is our best player, and he must be paid. As long as we have him, CeeCee or Brandin can go get overpaid by someone else. You 808, you have a great day!