Cee Dee Lamb rejects Cowboys latest offer

Gregg

Dov Kleiman on X: "WR CeeDee Lamb reportedly believes that the $33 million per year offer is too low for him to re-sign with the #Cowboys 🤔 Cash flow, guarantees, and how the deal will be structured on the front half are still keeping them apart.  (via @MikeGarafolo) https://t.co/QpjuxggFnm" / X

Week 1 is not that far away. That offense needs him. I am surprised this has dragged on as long as it has.

• Haha (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Dov Kleiman on X: "WR CeeDee Lamb reportedly believes that the $33 million per year offer is too low for him to re-sign with the #Cowboys 🤔 Cash flow, guarantees, and how the deal will be structured on the front half are still keeping them apart.  (via @MikeGarafolo) https://t.co/QpjuxggFnm" / X

Week 1 is not that far away. That offense needs him. I am surprised this has dragged on as long as it has.

Sounds like CeeDee Lamb wants all the money up front so he can be cut for poor performance and deceive another team into a big contract or do well and hold out for more money.

• Eyeroll 1

41 minutes ago, Augie said:

Jerruh may be a billionaire, but he’s not always as smart as he thinks he is. Especially on the contract stuff.

Would that make CeeDee Jerry's sacrificial Lamb?.....

....I'll get my coat 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Would that make CeeDee Jerry's sacrificial Lamb?.....

....I'll get my coat 

Nope, that would be the entire Cowboys season if he doesn't get that Lamb back in with the flock :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

I mean.. Pegula is one of the handful of owners in the league that would have no problem giving Ceedee his cash flow demands … Jerry is obviously one of the others, so, not sure what his hold up is. 

Imo this shows how it is imperative to draft these wrs early. Lamb was selected at #17. Even if the Cowboys lose him they got four very good, and not too expensive seasons out of him. 

The thing is, McDermott doesn't focus much on wide receivers. In fact, since 2017, McDermott has only drafted TWO wide receivers in round 2  and NONE in round one and yes; I am aware of the Diggs trade. 

During this same time span, he drafted 5 defensive players in round one, and 3 in round two. In 2017 he traded back (giving away the Mahomes pick) and twice he traded UP to draft defenders (Elam and Edmunds). It is important to note that Beane wasn't here in 2017, although it is a popular thing to blame all questionable drafts on him, and not McDermott.

It is hard for me to visualize a great deal of improvement unless he at some point decides to provide Josh Allen with more and better receivers. Doing so would seem to make total sense.

Jmo.

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/bills

• Like (+1) 7

They are trying to pay him the average of the #1 and #2 highest paid wideouts in the league.    He most likely wants to reset the market.   They better be prepared to go above 35 million because he will get 38 to 40 million in the offseason.    

Edited by thenorthremembers

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Nope, that would be the entire Cowboys season if he doesn't get that Lamb back in with the flock :thumbsup:

…..and then their future when he resets the market for WR, and maybe EDGE, oh, and the media will not allow me to ignore their QB……….and it’s always like this. They are my LEAST favorite team! 

But that’s like hating some WWE guy, they don’t care if you love or you hate, as long as you care. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Cowboys need a number 1 back, the Bills need a upper level wr.

Cook and next years vikings 2 for Lamb.

Then you have to give lamb like a 5 year 34 million a year deal with like 120 mil guaranteed.

so obviously its never happening!  The cowboys would not trade Lamb in any scenario.  

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Imo this shows how it is imperative to draft these wrs early. Lamb was selected at #17. Even if the Cowboys lose him they got four very good, and not too expensive seasons out of him. 

The thing is, McDermott doesn't focus much on wide receivers. In fact, since 2017, McDermott has only drafted TWO wide receivers in round 2  and NONE in round one and yes; I am aware of the Diggs trade. 

During this same time span, he drafted 5 defensive players in round one, and 3 in round two. In 2017 he traded back (giving away the Mahomes pick) and twice he traded UP to draft defenders (Elam and Edmunds). It is important to note that Beane wasn't here in 2017, although it is a popular thing to blame all questionable drafts on him, and not McDermott.

It is hard for me to visualize a great deal of improvement unless he at some point decides to provide Josh Allen with more and better receivers. Doing so would seem to make total sense.

Jmo.

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/bills

This year's WR group says more about how McD views Allen than anything else.  Because the offense with Allen and Diggs meant you'd want to throw it downfield to maximize those players' skills.  And both Daboll and Dorsey did, with good results at times.  Removing Diggs, they've assembled a bunch of slot receivers, a rookie, and some low-end options who'll play close to the LOS.  And the new OC knows that his HC expects the offense to go a different way than his predecessor OC's.  

This is by design and drafting Coleman doesn't really change the offense much for 2024.  There's something about all of these moves which suggests McD wants Josh to play a safer style that will run it ~50% of the time and largely mixes in short passes to that limited WR group.  I'm not even convinced that Kincaid is suddenly going to be catching passes downfield either.  

By constructing the offense this way, it speaks more to how the HC is unwilling to cede any more control to the QB than is absolutely necessary.  Of course, something has to give eventually and it's only a matter of time.  You can't have the HC clipping the QB's wings...the guy they need when the new stadium opens and charge exorbitant prices just to have the right to buy tickets. 

Edited by BillsVet
remove white space at bottom of post
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1