What has to happen for this team to become a Super Bowl contender (again)?

SCBills

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The season needs to start.   As long as Josh is on the team, the Bills are a Super Bowl Contender.   

As great a QB as Allen is, he can't win a Super Bowl by himself. This team might win the division as the Dolphins and Jets will provide tough competition. They might make the playoffs but with this roster it is also possible they take a step back. The Bills are not a Super Bowl contender this year IMHO.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

As great a QB as Allen is, he can't win a Super Bowl by himself. This team might win the division as the Dolphins and Jets will provide tough competition. They might make the playoffs but with this roster it is also possible they take a step back. The Bills are not a Super Bowl contender this year IMHO.

I guess it comes down to someone's opinion.  I just read on the athletic that the Chiefs may not win the AFC this year because the Bills, Dolphins, Texans, and Bengals all have the talent to win it.   

Obviously a QB cant win a Super Bowl by himself.  However, I would argue that only teams with franchise Quarterbacks are really Super Bowl contenders on August 20th.    Because the season hasnt started, I cant tell you who will likely win the Super Bowl because too many things happen between now and then.   But I can certainly tell you who isnt winning the Super Bowl.  The Raiders, Broncos, Patriots, Titans, Giants, Commanders, Seahawks, Saints, Panthers, and Vikings are not going to the Super Bowl this year.    I am very confident in that.   With that said, every other team, with the Bills being high on that list, has some sort of shot at it.  

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Gregg said:

The Bills need to do a better job getting to the QB with their front four. Have to make players like Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers uncomfortable in the pocket. It's one of the main the Giants were able to defeat the former evil empire twice on the biggest stage. They got after Brady pretty good.

We’ve been chasing a dominant defensive line for all of McD’s time here. Not having one has been our greatest downfall.

• Agree 2

On 8/20/2024 at 8:53 AM, Meatloaf63 said:

We’ve been chasing a dominant defensive line for all of McD’s time here. Not having one has been our greatest downfall.

We were there before the Miller injury. 

Ed Oliver came into his own last season, but we need better outside pressure. Hopefully Miller is at least serviceable this season, and Rousseau leaps forward.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/20/2024 at 7:53 AM, Meatloaf63 said:

Agree with that, at best they have had bright spots but never dominant, also we get beat easily but blitz packages!

Sign 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk & Dallas's CeeDee Lamb  and dump the wanna be WR's signed like Claypool and MVS and Hollins and Hammler.

We need to compete against other offenses this year that are stacked at WR.  Our current WR room is definitely not a top 15 rated WR's group, not by a long shot. 

Edited by Toyo321

When you're as close as we are it's a matter of having a better day than your opponent. The 3 peat has never been done. We have to be healthier and fresher legged than KC if/when we meet them in post season. Players like Kelce and Gronk are undefendable. I realize roster spots are precious but I have always wanted to see us assign some very tall ex basketball player to players like these to front them basketball style.

Cleveland Cavaliers Sport GIF by NBA

I don't have any sage game planning advice for Cincy other than we need to cover their TEs who roasted us last time. Clappy will have to game plan that one as Frazier took the fall for that loss. Zac Taylor still owns us so it's up to Clappy to game plan a masterpiece to shake off the stigma.

No question, the pass rush is a glaring weakness. I am of the belief that Clappy has the coaching room the way he wants it and that we are a better organization as a result. I expect a lot more run first offensive game plans. Our win streak after losing to the Broncos has me believing that we have the right people at coach and GM.