Andreessen will make the team - UPDATE: he made it

Doc

He really was impressive in the box.  

Would love to see him tested in coverage this week.  If he can be adequate, he could be a contributor in the near future.  Looks like he has the juice for it and I bet he’s going to attack his improvement in that area.  

6 hours ago, mrags said:

Because Morrow, Spector, Ulofosio, and Jones have something to say about it? 

I think the Spector experiment needs to end. That dude is ALWAYS injured. How? I'm not sure, because he never plays. But Morrow and especially Jones are good depth.

7 hours ago, mrags said:

Isnt he looking like the typical pre season crush on a player we have every single year. Only to find out he doesn’t make the team and ends up on the PS if that? 

now, I’ll admit that his timing is incredible with the Milano injury. We’ll see. 

He started at middle linebacker, wearing the green dot so he was also calling defensive signals, and has the night he has against Steelers starters. Something any player signed off a rookie tryout does. 😏

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He started at middle linebacker, wearing the green dot so he was also calling defensive signals, and has the night he has against Steelers starters. Something any player signed off a rookie tryout does. 😏

I am sure some scouting departments are wondering why their team did not do a better job scouting UB Bulls so they could invest a 7th round pick on him.  Maybe they used a scouting service and will be asking them why they did not did not provide better data.

9 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

I am sure some scouting departments are wondering why their team did not do a better job scouting UB Bulls so they could invest a 7th round pick on him.  Maybe they used a scouting service and will be asking them why they did not did not provide better data.

Scouts aren't everywhere and players fall through the cracks. Let's face it.. There's a tendency to overlook FCS schools. (Bryant)  And when you are at the bottom of the MAC (Buffalo) you don't get a lot of looks either.

But the Bills have close ties to the UB program as the Bulls used to use the Bills fieldhouse before they built their own. FYI the next UB Bull to watch is another Buffalo kid, LB Sean Dolac.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Andreesen makes the team and i don’t think it will be particularly close.  He’s shown the ability and instincts. He only gets better and smarter from here.

Agree. No brainer. Can play ST too and we will have the roster space with Milano on IR.

On 8/19/2024 at 8:18 PM, NewEra said:

He really was impressive in the box.  

Would love to see him tested in coverage this week.  If he can be adequate, he could be a contributor in the near future.  Looks like he has the juice for it and I bet he’s going to attack his improvement in that area.  

Definately needs some work in coverage. It’s been up and down for him from week to week. 

What I will say is that he’s no worse than Klein who was primarily used as a rush LB and not deployed into coverage that often. So I think there is something to work with here 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/19/2024 at 8:06 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If he goes to the PS he’s all but gone. 

That be good news for him.

…..and about a $500,000 raise.

Edited by US Egg
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I get the feel good story, but he is a PS player this year.  He needs to work on his coverage skills.

He would definitely benefit from the PS I think

McD has said he’s done a great job.  On the broadcast yesterday they quoted Beane as saying not all players have their great practices translate to games but Andreessen has done both.  

I think it’s a done deal. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2