Andreessen will make the team - UPDATE: he made it

Doc

1 minute ago, Doc said:

How good is Morrow?  He didn’t play at all in pre-season. 

He is solidly average in my opinion.  Plus athlete.  Not a lot of upside but if needed to play would be fine.  Every where he goes seems to always find the field.   

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

How good is Morrow?  He didn’t play at all in pre-season. 

Morrow is a WILL. Was a fairly pedestrian player in his 4 years with the Raiders. Ankle surgery derailed his career but he came back and played every snap for the Bears. As a starter he is going to leave you wanting more, but that would make him a top-tier backup.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

When has Spector played to the level Andreessen has shown?  Seriously.  The guy was mediocre at Clemson, ok in the Bills preseason games, and has pretty much got hurt in every game he was needed to be relied upon.  You could find a guy off the street like Spector if we need a LB in 5 weeks.

I think he has been better in coverage and has a better knowledge of the defense with how long he has been in the system.  Now Spector could very well get cut im just guessing based off how they have operated in the past.  At this stage I'm guessing McDermott views Andreesen as a high variance player.  Good vs the run work in progress vs the pass. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, QCity said:

Morrow is a WILL. Was a fairly pedestrian player in his 4 years with the Raiders. Ankle surgery derailed his career but he came back and played every snap for the Bears. As a starter he is going to leave you wanting more, but that would make him a top-tier backup.

On the BB.com depth chart, they have Morrow at MLB and Andreessen at WLB.  When it appears they were the opposite.  I just think it's strange that no on bothered to correct that despite removing the cut players (meaning it's been updated).

Edited by Doc

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

I think he has been better in coverage and has a better knowledge of the defense with how long he has been in the system.  Now Spector could very well get cut im just guessing based off how they have operated in the past.  At this stage I'm guessing McDermott views Andreesen as a high variance player.  Good vs the run work in progress vs the pass. 

I agree, I think you got what you got in Spector, we know his ceiling, he isnt gonna break out to be the next coming of Milano etc... Honestly, I would take my shot with Andreesen and give it a go... Spector can go to the PS if no one picks him up and be brought in for injury and hope his durability holds.

6 hours ago, Doc said:

On the BB.com depth chart, they have Morrow at MLB and Andreessen at WLB.  When it appears they were the opposite.  I just think it's strange that no on bothered to correct that despite removing the cut players (meaning it's been updated).

BuffaloBills.com has often had wrong posted.   Last time I checked it was produced by company in college nothing to do with NFL.  

5 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

He seems to have a much bigger frame than other LBs we have seen, and would seem to be more durable. Durability is what we have lacked most in our linebacker room. 

Andreessen went to Bryant for 2 years and Buffalo for 1.   He did not have development many high end colleges give so has more development to go.

10 hours ago, JP51 said:

I agree, I think you got what you got in Spector, we know his ceiling, he isnt gonna break out to be the next coming of Milano etc... Honestly, I would take my shot with Andreesen and give it a go... Spector can go to the PS if no one picks him up and be brought in for injury and hope his durability holds.

I don’t think we have seen what Spector's got. He needs to remain healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I get that, but I think his availability is part of what we have seen... maybe he is just incredibly unfortunate... it will be an interesting call .... from my part the second guessing of the coaches decisions are good discussion.... but to be honest, I trust them and what they see over me about 99% of the time...  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, bmur66 said:

100% this.  People acting like they know anything about Spector are just guessing.  We have seen more from Andreessen than we have Spector, and Spector has been here two more years.  Tells you everything you need to know about Spector.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

100% this.  People acting like they know anything about Spector are just guessing.  We have seen more from Andreessen than we have Spector, and Spector has been here two more years.  Tells you everything you need to know about Spector.

Spector has been fine when hes played, but thats been very few and far between

• Like (+1) 2

• Doc changed the title to Andreessen will make the team - UPDATE: he made it

I’ll jump on the “Told ya” bandwagon, lol.

i thought it was a no brainer based not only on games but what he showed in practice. 

Such a great accomplishment for a local high school guy. That’s the dream of every HS player in WNY.  The UB angle is cool too, but other guys from UB are on the team and around the league …and will be in the future. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1