Andreessen will make the team - UPDATE: he made it

Doc

14 minutes ago, zow2 said:

McD has said he’s done a great job.  On the broadcast yesterday they quoted Beane as saying not all players have their great practices translate to games but Andreessen has done both.  

I think it’s a done deal. 

Honestly it should be. 

To have him call the defense for 3 games and take nearly every MLB rep, to then waive him, makes no sense. I get he made some angle, run fit, and coverage mistakes on occasion, but we are talking a UDFA rookie. IMO he’s flashing monster potential and you need to protect him. Him developing into LB3 isn’t far fetched. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

So he had a step back day yesterday IMO but there’s still enough here to warrant a spot on the 53, IMO. He seems smart and hopefully he can pick up coverage schemes. 

I don’t consider it a step back. He played like a rookie at moments. 

He’s still far outplayed the UDFA expectations

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

So he had a step back day yesterday IMO but there’s still enough here to warrant a spot on the 53, IMO. He seems smart and hopefully he can pick up coverage schemes. 

re your tweet

that is not shedding a block, that's their left tackle forgetting who he's supposed to block there

our LB 48 there is supposed to be held by the WR action, their man coming across in motion kicks out the end 99 like he's supposed to, and 70 is supposed to stay tight on DE's hip until he gets to the second level at 44. 70 just forgets where he is and who his man is on this play...you can see after he clears 61 he's looking around in confusion as to his man. Andreessen didn't shed anything. He was just lucky enough to walk thru a missed block

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, JP51 said:

He would definitely benefit from the PS I think

How does that benefit him vs making the team? 

If he makes the team he practices with the 1s and 2s, plays special teams during games and gets a series or 2 in blow outs.

If he makes it to the PS he runs scout of the opposing team defense and maybe gets called up for a game or 2 to watch or play teams,

And he makes less money. How does this benefit him? The only thing worse than PS is being out of the league.

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

re your tweet

that is not shedding a block, that's their left tackle forgetting who he's supposed to block there

our LB 48 there is supposed to be held by the WR action, their man coming across in motion kicks out the end 99 like he's supposed to, and 70 is supposed to stay tight on DE's hip until he gets to the second level at 44. 70 just forgets where he is and who his man is on this play...you can see after he clears 61 he's looking around in confusion as to his man. Andreessen didn't shed anything. He was just lucky enough to walk thru a missed block

So your comment on him making the tackle is that it doesn't count as a good play because the other team messed up. Should he have engaged the blocker like Edmunds would  have because 'that is what the play design says'

I really don't understand the nitpicking of this kid's play.  Why can't we be happy when something good happens to our team  that is unexpected. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

So your comment on him making the tackle is that it doesn't count as a good play because the other team messed up. Should he have engaged the blocker like Edmunds would  have because 'that is what the play design says'

I really don't understand the nitpicking of this kid's play.  Why can't we be happy when something good happens to our team  that is unexpected. 

😂😂I'm just stating what happened in a preseason game. If you want to call that nitpicking instead of asking whether it will translate to the regular season feel free

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/19/2024 at 1:54 PM, beacon said:

No way Spector, Morrow, Jones or any other lb makes the plays Joe made..he makes the team..if they cut him he's gone..put him in the middle and slide Bernard over? It's only one game but he definitely passed the eye test for me and everyone else who watched the game...can't wait to see how they use him.. he'll ball out against Carolina...cut Morrow and Spector...

Warnock Settle Down GIF by Storyful

His ability to shed blocks impressed me - something our previous 1st Rd pick greatly struggled with.  

Also, what was his top level of coaching prior to the Bills? It wasn't 4 years of SEC. He's got the the athleticism to play coverage. Just need to learn it. 

26 minutes ago, In Summary said:

He's got the the athleticism to play coverage. Just need to learn it. 

9.36 RAS!! That's elite level. Was listening to Bills roundtable before the Panthers game and Chris Brown said Andreesen lacked athleticism. And I'm thinking WTF, man. Don't you know your own players?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Agree 3

He’s a UDFA and inexpensive. He’s shown ability and instincts and even called the defensive schemes so he has intelligence. What’s the risk of making the team? if somehow he fails to get better and sucks, they can release him in 2 seconds. But the odds are he will be a much better and more polished LB by mid season than he is now.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Honestly it should be. 

To have him call the defense for 3 games and take nearly every MLB rep, to then waive him, makes no sense. I get he made some angle, run fit, and coverage mistakes on occasion, but we are talking a UDFA rookie. IMO he’s flashing monster potential and you need to protect him. Him developing into LB3 isn’t far fetched. 

I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but this guy has major potential and could be Matt Milano’s eventual replacement. If not, he can be really good trade bait if he has a great season and Milano returns back to form. I think Buffalo should hold onto him though 

Edit: I also wanted to add that Andreessen passes the eye test. When he plays he jumps off the screen even in a meaningless preseason game. The instincts are there which is the most important trait of a linebacker or else you just have a freak like Tremaine Edmunds who makes plays solely on his athletic ability. I haven’t been this excited about a player since Fred Jackson. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

How does that benefit him vs making the team? 

If he makes the team he practices with the 1s and 2s, plays special teams during games and gets a series or 2 in blow outs.

If he makes it to the PS he runs scout of the opposing team defense and maybe gets called up for a game or 2 to watch or play teams,

And he makes less money. How does this benefit him? The only thing worse than PS is being out of the league.

My point is that he is a developing player who I think needs to improve in pass coverage I would not want to see him cut I think putting him on the practice squad instead could help him be a solid nfl player. He makes the team however that's great he can hone his skills that way. For me I like him he reminds me a lot of Milano he needs to polish his game though. Raw ability seems to be there. Either way I would like to see him make it and if it's the PS then so be it I think he can improve his game there 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, zow2 said:

McD has said he’s done a great job.  On the broadcast yesterday they quoted Beane as saying not all players have their great practices translate to games but Andreessen has done both.  

I think it’s a done deal. 

Yup- pretty much the seal of approval 👍

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/19/2024 at 12:18 PM, noacls said:

I believe this is the correct spelling, 

Practice Squad. 

I don't know that he would make it to the PS and if he did i think someone like the Giants or Carolina might pilfer him because they both know how good the Bills scouts are at pickin players plus he has shown he's a good developmental player, so i think if he's not on the 53 he won't last here for long .

• Haha (+1) 1

Benard and Willaims

Morrow primary back up and possible 3rd baker

He cant stay on the field but Spector is well liked and played well

How many do they roster?  5 or 6? Ulafoshio is a will.  Spector and Andreesen are both Mike.  I think they go 6 deep.  At 5 Andreesen is too green vs the pass to be primary back up at Mike imo.  

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Benard and Willaims

How many do they roster?  5 or 6? Ulafoshio is a will.  Spector and Andreesen are both Mike.  I think they go 6 deep.  At 5 Andreesen is too green vs the pass to be primary back up at Mike imo.  

How good is Morrow?  He didn’t play at all in pre-season. 

9 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Benard and Willaims

When has Spector played to the level Andreessen has shown?  Seriously.  The guy was mediocre at Clemson, ok in the Bills preseason games, and has pretty much got hurt in every game he was needed to be relied upon.  You could find a guy off the street like Spector if we need a LB in 5 weeks.

15 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Benard and Willaims

They did roster 6 last year, and had been absolutely destroyed with injuries. I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see them roster 6 again.