Andreessen will make the team - UPDATE: he made it

Doc

Isnt he looking like the typical pre season crush on a player we have every single year. Only to find out he doesn’t make the team and ends up on the PS if that? 

now, I’ll admit that his timing is incredible with the Milano injury. We’ll see. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

Isnt he looking like the typical pre season crush on a player we have every single year. Only to find out he doesn’t make the team and ends up on the PS if that? 

now, I’ll admit that his timing is incredible with the Milano injury. We’ll see. 

Maybe.  But he was hunting down RBs against the 1s.  This isn’t some bottom of the roster WR who beats the 3s but can’t cut it against the 1s or 2s. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, mrags said:

Have him and Milano ever been sighted in the same place together?  Just sayin’.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Maybe.  But he was hunting down RBs against the 1s.  This isn’t some bottom of the roster WR who beats the 3s but can’t cut it against the 1s or 2s. 

Just saying it happens every single year. We fall in love with a feel good story. Then at cut time we’re all up in arms about why or how they could cut him. 

Like I said, with Milano out, Morrow injured, Spector injured. He may have gained his spot on this team. But imo, without those things happening, I’m not sure he makes it. We will see. Only another week or so until the cut down right. 

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

Have him and Milano ever been sighted in the same place together?  Just sayin’.

So now we have to worry about Andreesson being made of glass too?

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, mrags said:

I thought Shavers was the preseason crush?

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, mrags said:

Says the guy who bought three D’Rick Rogers jerseys. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I thought Shavers was the preseason crush?

Depends on who you ask. But nobody has spoken a word of Shavers or Shorter since like week 2 of camp. Now that we have some games underneath our belts, there’s a new crush. His name is Andreesson. And he’s a local boy. He’s like SUPERCRUSH. 

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Why would he not make the team as a backup to Williams ?

Because Morrow, Spector, Ulofosio, and Jones have something to say about it? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah, like SectionC3 said, usually that pre season crush is a RB or WR who had a couple of good practices and then caught a couple of balls or broke off a big run in the preseason (against lesser competition). With RBs and WRs in the preseason, they really only get a few plays per game maybe to showcase themselves, so the sample size is small.

Joe played the entire game (against 1s, 2s, and 3s) and looked dominant throughout. It is very similar to when we first realized that Milano was going to be a guy...that nose for the ball. He was around the ball on every play. You can't teach those types of football instincts. 

Obviously, he'll be a bit raw still, and we'll need to see some consistency against other opponents, but I not only think that he makes the team, I could see him pushing for playing time in the regular season (before Milano's return).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1