Andressen on the 53.

1 hour ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

If Andressen is not on the 53 man roster there’s something wrong with the coaches. This guy was all over the field vs the Steelers. Aside from Rousseau he may have been the best player on the entire field.  Watch B. Baldinger’s highlights for reference. I never saw Edmunds have that kind of awareness or reaction. Forget about the practice squad. This guy is an upgrade over Jones or Morrow. 

Hey, you spelled his name right, very impressive...

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Getting closer. I’m glad we don’t need a separate roster spot for each alternative of the spelling. How hard is that? 

After Brandon Beane being GM for 7 years, 3 months, 11 days (including the date this response posted) and some STILL cannot spell his name right.

It is too much to expect people with multiple month hangovers to spell a name listed on official roster correctly.

Now webmaster on Buffalo Bills site has misspelled players names before but that is different for they are being (over)paid for that task.

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think the hype has gone too far. He showed outstanding run instincts and good tackling, but you need to play pass coverage sideline to sideline to play MLB in the modern NFL. He didn't show anything like that against the Steelers. There's a reason he's the 3rd MLB on the depth chart.

There is an “Isabella for the board” guy every year.  He’s it this year.  I like him more than Isabella but he is practice squad material.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He's better at LB than Matakevich ever was 

This may sound silly but this team needs a positive story right now. A backup LB will make no difference this year. But some positive vibes can't hurt.

the rapey wrestler isn't the summer camp feel good story any more??

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

If this try-out rookie LB who has had one good preseason game isn't on the team then this tenured and successful staff must be fired

Seriously... And if he misses a tackle next week the board will be questioning Beane for ever allowing him to try out. The pendulum from one extreme to the other on this board is amazing to behold, sometimes.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Looked like a shark on this one play. McD just can make guys fit that just light it up. 

If we had an OC that ran his process like MCD we would have a dynasty. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Why can't people research spelling of names a lil' better? Pisses me off.

Why don’t people know the difference between then and than, riddle me that one, and you may have your own answer…,  😂🤣

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think the hype has gone too far. He showed outstanding run instincts and good tackling, but you need to play pass coverage sideline to sideline to play MLB in the modern NFL. He didn't show anything like that against the Steelers. There's a reason he's the 3rd MLB on the depth chart.

While I agree with tempering the hype, we've carried linebackers that were poor in pass coverage before, they even showed weakness against the run.  I mean, lets take Dodson, did he ever show anything as a pass defender before last season?  I would even hesitate to say that he didn't add much last year down the stretch but definitely not a huge liability in the pass game so it kept him in the lineup, injuries helped. Did Dodson ever have a preseason game like this kid?  Nope.

I can easily see this kid making it.  Bernard/Williams, the rest are a toss up.  Milano is out for a while, it's fair to say this kid has helped himself the most in live action, lets see if he keeps this up.  It's good to see a hungry kid like this turn heads, hell of a story and I hope he ***** makes it.

Edited by bouds
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

His intelligence and awareness makes up for any “athleticism issues” that he may have. Seems like a good guy to keep around as depth, hopefully he can play STs.

The way I look at it, if we can keep Matakavich for multiple years and then pull Klein from his RV, we can surely find a roster spot for Buffalo Joe.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The way I look at it, if we can keep Matakavich for multiple years and then pull Klein from his RV, we can surely find a roster spot for Buffalo Joe.  

I think Andreessen should backup Bernard at MLB. If we cut Andreessen, I think he will get claimed. Even if he’s just a developmental guy that we use primarily on STs for a year or two I don’t see why we wouldn’t do that.

Milano, Bernard, Williams, Ulofoshio and Andreessen should be locks. Maybe we keep Deion too, I don’t know.