What it’s like to try out for an NFL team

SCBills

51 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Only about 1% of people who try out for Professional sports actually makes it and even out of those, only about 0.1% actually succeeds to any amount of success, so i'd say that you better make sure you have an education to fall back on cause those are some really bad odds.

It's way less than that

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would rather shovel s*** at a circus than be the guy that has to say "I need you to bring your playbook" to the player in the locker room.

How many pages could even be in the punters playbook?  I imagine its one, that just says "punt the ball to so it stops just before the other goal line."

7 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

The Commanders are considered an NFL team?  Also, apparently they’re not happy with Drue for posting this lol

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/washington-commanders/punter-drue-chrisman-goes-viral-exposing-commanders-demand-delete-video#

So it's a big secret they serve pizza on their buffet?  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would rather shovel s*** at a circus than be the guy that has to say "I need you to bring your playbook" to the player in the locker room.

doubt he got a playbook...

42 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The card said "Pink Zebra Moving"  which AI tells me - shockingly - is a moving company.

I guess when you're an unemployed punter, you have to earn your grocery money some other way.  

Chrisman is actually a new franchise owner of Pink Zebra moving from what I found:

https://local12.com/amp/news/local/former-bengals-player-opens-new-franchise-greater-cincinnati-area-hamilton-ohio-drue-chrisman-punter-kicker-businessman-business-economy-money-pink-zebra-moving-company-commercial-residential-spaces-packing-supplies

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

It's way less than that

I don't know......if you encompass and combine ALL and every professional sport you could ever imagine......football, baseball, hockey, basketball, cricket, soccer, tennis, etc. it would probably add up to roughly about 1% of participants with the amount of people who play semi, intermural league, pop warner, little league, etc. and probably around a 0.01% success rate out of all of those sports and all of those people.

I'm not a numbers guy, but i do know the percentages of someone succeeding in pro sports is lowwwwwwww.

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

It's good to see (ex) players spending their money entrepreneurially instead of on fast cars, parties, and paternity suits as some do.  

• Like (+1) 2

I always wonder with punters, what do they dream about when they imagine being in the NFL? Like QBs will have that recurring dream of leading a game winning drive in the final 2 minutes of a SB. Kickers imagine kicking the winning FG in a SB. WRs imagine making a hail Mary catch in the SB, and so on.

I wonder what punters dream about? Pinning the opposing offense at the 1 in the final 2 minutes of a SB? Running a fake punt in the 4th quarter and throwing a TD pass? Holding for the game winning kick? Turning out as successful in retirement as Pat McAfee?? World peace???

What do punters dream about?

nightmare-angry.gif