If you could get a day 2 pick for Cook would you pull the trigger…

julian

43 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Cook is no Thurman.  Thurman could actually catch the ball.

Right, but the point is it’s not a bad thing to have two starting caliber RBs on the roster.  It’s a long season and the likelihood is they’re going to get dinged up along the way.  Why trade away one of the two guys now when we’ll likely need the player more this season versus a pick next offseason?

Kudos for generating all this discussion based on a silly hypothetical. Many immediately heard second round pick but the original question said 2nd day which is rounds two and three. Trading away our most accomplished tailback since Fred Jackson for a third round pick or even a second round pick, with no one of proven skill on the roster to replace him is irresponsible. Dumb mistakes like that get GMs fired. We need the player, we have plenty of picks. So cue Austin Powers  nemesis…..How about no.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/19/2024 at 5:58 PM, BringBackFlutie said:

Omg omg yessssss

Spiller had a single superlative season...

On 8/19/2024 at 6:04 PM, realtruelove said:

Move Cook to receiver so he gets more practice catching the ball.

He had the second best catch % on the team--ahead of every WR/TE/RB except Shakir.

the takes in this thread are getting nuttier by the hour

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Spiller had a single superlative season...

He had the second best catch % on the team--ahead of every WR/TE/RB except Shakir.

the takes in this thread are getting nuttier by the hour

Bruh. He just needed space! CJ "spaceship" Spiller!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Bruh. He just needed space! CJ "spaceship" Spiller!

I knew I'd find you here talking about CJ Spiller. I just knew it.

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/18/2024 at 10:26 PM, Ga boy said:

If would have to be day 1.  I think Cook will have a better year this year, and that’s saying a lot.  Remember, this is pre-season, and Cook is not allowed to cook.

IF you think Cook is a day 1 trade then you are in dream world. i am sorry to tell you this. 

3 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I get RB are a dime a dozen but the dude is an impact player and there is no reason to doubt he is capable of going for 1000 yards this year. I would keep him unless they are offering a first rounder, and no one offers a first for a RB

The best of the best HB's in this league that went up for trade, did NOT get a first rounder. You people need to get madden football out of your head.  The HB Market is not big enough for teams to spend first round picks on them unless they are top Tier. Period.  and even then they may not get a day one pick. 

stop it. 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I would consider trading him and a day 3 pick for a WR.

late day 2 pick. no way on day 3

29 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

The best of the best HB's in this league that went up for trade, did NOT get a first rounder. You people need to get madden football out of your head.  The HB Market is not big enough for teams to spend first round picks on them unless they are top Tier. Period.  and even then they may not get a day one pick. 

I know you like to get worked up but I stated "no one is offering a first for a RB".