If you could get a day 2 pick for Cook would you pull the trigger…

julian

15 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

100 percent 

RBs are the easiest position to fill.

2 more years and I would let Cook walk anyways as I'm not a believer in paying RBs 2nd contracts unless you're CMC

If it's a 2nd round pick, hell yeah. He dances too much at the LOS and dropped 4 tds last year. He's not getting a 2nd contract. Davis looks good. This team needs a dynamic wr & pass rusher. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Do you wonder why he only gets 12 attempts per game?

I'll take a stab at this:

(1)  It's a passing league.  Coaches and analytic geeks have determined that the best way to move the ball down the field in today's game is by passing the ball about 50% more often than you run it.

(2)  Josh is the best player on the team.  By far.  The coaches want the ball in his hands.

Cook is a good back.  But he is not nearly as talented at his position as Josh is at his.  And Josh plays the centerpiece position of the modern NFL.  

Generally speaking, given injuries and roster construction, I'd say no, the Bills should not trade Cook for a 2nd day pick.  To get more specific, however, if a (projected) high 2nd rounder were offered, I'd be very interested, versus a (projected) low 3rd rounder, I wouldn't be.  Cook last season was more productive than his predecessors Devin Singletary and Zack Moss were with the Bills and Davis, while a promising rookie, is not yet proven in the NFL.  Plus, injuries happen.  Teams need at least 3 RBs that can be trusted to carry the ball in a NFL game, if not 4.

Of course, I'm talking about right now.  Next offseason, with another draft and free agency, and a full book on Davis, the calculus might be different.

Edited by msw2112

34 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Except for Allen, Kincaid, Shakir, Oliver and Bernard, I would trade anybody for a 2nd rounder. 

I'd add Groot & Benford to that, but good list.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Do you wonder why he only gets 12 attempts per game?

Actually, I don’t wonder too much. 

It’s been a trend for years, under multiple OCs and only one QB and one HC. 

I only wonder who’s making the decision to give RBs (plural) averaging 4-5 YPC such an anemic workload. 

• Agree 1

Bills offense has not scored a TD: It does not matter. It is preseason so nothing really matters. Teams are not game planning or showing the real stuff. 

Ray Davis has rushed for 60 yards on 13 carries. Trade Cook, we have found a future star in Davis. 

• Disagree 1

19 hours ago, julian said:

After seeing what we’ve seen from Davis, if a team suffered a rb1 injury and called offering a day 2 pick would you do it ?

I think I do it, he’s not getting a 2nd contract and you might be better with Davis at rb1, Ty Johnson looks like he’s a capable #2.

I do it too! Here's why. You are right on, he isn't getting a second contract, he has ball control issues, he drops way too many passes and he is not a good pass protector or blitz pickup guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

The real solution is play 3 tes.  because no grappie sauce jet db at 6 ' 2" is guarding a 6' 7" te.  Play him out wide 1 series and at slot.  Than you can play the other two te and keep switching them up.  THAT IS CALLED POSTION FLEXIBILITY. Which is what the oc wants.

Why would you ever  move the best back we have.

Edited by scuba guy
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

That will address the shortage of receivers and the crowded backfield, even if only a short term solution until they can figure out a better solution.

That actually worked for Thurman Thomas for when he lined up as WR defenses had trouble determining who to cover him.

• Like (+1) 1