If you could get a day 2 pick for Cook would you pull the trigger…

julian

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

You just don't dispose of your good young players as soon as they become good for the uncertainty of a draft pick.  Davis is here to help limit the work load for Cook.  He is here to help in short yardage and add an additional weapon for Josh.  I love the Davis Pick as I saw him play at UK and Vandy, but this kid has logged a ton of miles as a college RB.  He isn't here to replace Cook, but to compliment him.

Beane has been looking for this type pair since he drafted Singletary and then added Moss the next draft.  That pair didn't quite work out.  I'm more hopeful for this pair.  The closest Bills comparison to how I think this is going to work is the Thurman Thomas/ Kenneth Davis pair.  Granted Cook isn't Thomas, but I think the analogy works. 

The best thing about the current RB room, is that the team has confidence in all 3 players and I can easily see Davis or Johnson stepping up and succeeding if Cook gets hurt.

Completely wrong

You ABSOLUTELY dispose of your younger players once they become good for a draft pick ESPECIALLY if they play a position where the replacement cost is relatively low

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Completely wrong

You ABSOLUTELY dispose of your younger players once they become good for a draft pick ESPECIALLY if they play a position where the replacement cost is relatively low

So we should trade Kincaid and Shakir this off-season?  What about Benford and Benard? Do they need to go as well?  Considering it's been 20 years since we drafted a RB in the 2nd round with Cook's kind of production, I would say that's a high replacement cost.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

No. If it happens AFTER this season, sure, I'd be willing to consider. But when you have productive starters on rookie deals they are more valuable than draft picks. When they get to a year left and you KNOW you are not paying them (and with running backs that is a thing) then trading them does start to make a sense. But it is a year too early to think about that IMO. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

For a 2nd rounder, I would - if the team trading for him isn’t a contender. For a third, no thanks. I’d feel differently altogether if Cook had glue hands and no issues with catching or securing the ball. In that scenario I wouldn’t want to move him. 

Amazing how a guy who was 4th in the NFL in rushing, 6th in total yards from scrimmage who has averaged almost 5 YPC over his career and over 10 YPR and who basically did this in a role somewhere between full time and part time is viewed as trash by so many people.

WTF are you actually watching to come up with this?

The unintelligence on this board is stunning to me at times.

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Completely wrong

Uh, yeah, no. Another "I'm the winningest Madden GM of all time!!" Post that somehow conflates Madden with real-life.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Sad 1

Absolutely not.

Not even a question.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Amazing how a guy who was 4th in the NFL in rushing, 6th in total yards from scrimmage who has averaged almost 5 YPC over his career and over 10 YPR and who basically did this in a role somewhere between full time and part time is viewed as trash by so many people.

Uh, yeah, no. Another "I'm the winningest Madden GM of all time!!" Post that somehow conflates Madden with real-life.

Yup.

Nuts, hunh?

Edited by Thurman#1

The amount of yes answers is ridiculous. Cook might not be a superstar, but he contributes to this team. He’s an important part of this offense, like it or not. A day two draft choice might not even be a starter. Apparently many of us want another corner or defensive lineman. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, julian said:

After seeing what we’ve seen from Davis, if a team suffered a rb1 injury and called offering a day 2 pick would you do it ?

I think I do it, he’s not getting a 2nd contract and you might be better with Davis at rb1, Ty Johnson looks like he’s a capable #2.

why do people want to trade every decent player we have as a draft pic idea.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Wizard said:

Oh, good gravy! Stop it! Whatever it is you are thinking, conjuring, or playing as your own little fantasy GM, Just stop.

Go back to your Dungeons and Dweebs quest.

Agreed one of those 7 year old hypotheticals... oof summer has been too long put down the football trading cards

6 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Completely wrong

Omg

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This would be a dumb idea even in Madden

• Agree 1