If you could get a day 2 pick for Cook would you pull the trigger…

julian

12 minutes ago, julian said:

Jim Brown couldn’t run behind that line in NY against loaded boxes and defenses who have zero respect for the Giants garbage QB.

I’m not denying the running game is essential, I’m just saying you get more bang for your buck spending that money on a very good oline like the Bills have, now you can run the ball and ALSO protect your QB.

I’m all good running the ball like the Bills have been since the OC change, I just want to do it with young cheap RBs on rookie deals.

I hear ya and perhaps this is a bit of devils advocate, but what about paying CMC?

I don't know that I'd call him a running back, as much as a versatile weapon that can be used in a variety of ways at a high level.

He's not just an above average rb, where you can get that type of production out of late round rookies, especially with a top level oline...Cook is a different type of player arguably, and hopefully could maintain a high level of play through the end of a second contract. 

4 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I hear ya and perhaps this is a bit of devils advocate, but what about paying CMC?

I don't know that I'd call him a running back, as much as a versatile weapon that can be used in a variety of ways at a high level.

He's not just an above average rb, where you can get that type of production out of late round rookies, especially with a top level oline...Cook is a different type of player arguably, and hopefully could maintain a high level of play through the end of a second contract. 

I definitely believe Cook has taken another step this year after a breakout season last year. I’m willing to concede that if Cook continues at this pace and gets into that CMC or prime Kamara range, then I’m much more open to giving him that 2nd contract.

I guess we’ll see how this plays out, I’m hoping Cook puts up 15+ TDs and makes it’s very difficult not to pay him.

That’s my hope.

• Like (+1) 1