If you could get a day 2 pick for Cook would you pull the trigger…

julian

10 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Dude totally! Let's get rid of him while we have him for this year AND next year on a rookie deal! Why not?! We have an "up and comer" and those ALWAYS work out. Let's trade our best offensive weapon currently (behind Josh) for a second round pick! 

Who wants a guy that was 4th in the league last year in yards and is having an amazing year thus far (I know it's only week 2).. Do you even believe what you just wrote? 

Oh god, the guy who keeps saying McDermott doesn't play rookies shows up again.  "Ed Oliver only started 7 games...doesn't matter that he led our DT's in total plays" lol

Yeah running backs are a hard skill to replace.  Did you see how bad the 49ers offense was without Christian McCaffrey last week?  He's the best in the league so the 49ers struggled right?

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh god, the guy who keeps saying McDermott doesn't play rookies shows up again.  "Ed Oliver only started 7 games...doesn't matter that he led our DT's in total plays" lol

Yeah running backs are a hard skill to replace.  Did you see how bad the 49ers offense was without Christian McCaffrey last week?  He's the best in the league so the 49ers struggled right?

Oh god, the guy that lacks reading comprehension shows up again. Funny how you never responded to that post, huh? I never said they don't play, I said he doesn't start them right away, and I listed most of the 1st and 2nd round rookies START numbers. Also, I don't "keep saying" that, I said it in one thread. 

Do we have the offensive line the 9ers have? Do we have the supporting weapons the 9ers have? Do we have the same scheme the 9ers have? Do we run one running back 25 times a game? Did the 9ers throw to Mason like the Bills throw to Cook? 

So in your instance, the 9ers should trade McCaffery away, yeah?

Edited by warrior9

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

The thing with Cook has always been that he has WR skills as a RB. 

In the CMC, Kamara mold.  

He’s starting to show that..

Thats the type of RB that you, at least, give thought to extending.  Especially given he barely had any usage in college. 

Im not saying we should.. but if he keeps this up, you’ve got to think about it. 

He needs to stop doing those flips in the end zone...he is going to hurt his shoulder.  It was nice to do that once or twice...not for every TD.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Oh god, the guy that lacks reading comprehension shows up again. Funny how you never responded to that post, huh? I never said they don't play, I said he doesn't start them right away. Also, I don't "keep saying" that, I said it in one thread. 

Do we have the offensive line the 9ers have? Do we have the supporting weapons the 9ers have? Do we have the same scheme the 9ers have? Do we run one running back 25 times a game? Did the 9ers throw to Mason like the Bills throw to Cook? 

So in your instance, the 9ers should trade McCaffery away, yeah?

Ed Olivers first 5 games in his career...lol.  Only Jerry Hughes a DE had a higher snap %

Christian Mcaffery averaged 17 carries a game with the 49ers last year lol.  25?  lol.

Well considering that we are averaging about 32 points a game in the first 2 games, I would say we have a pretty good thing going even though its not the 49ers scheme.  Our offensive line is playing very well.  How many times has Allen been touched?  Have you seen the holes they are opening up?

I didn't say the 49ers should trade McCaffery.  Is that your response because the 49ers were successful without him?  Mason is a UDFA.  I'm pretty confident Ray Davis can catch.

I see why you chose the name Warrior...you are a warrior.  

image.thumb.png.dae62f417c3282bd1822aed376f45543.png

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

James Cook is great but yes I would still do it.  I never want to commit a large amount of money to a RB and that's what Cook will get.

We have a great up and comer behind him right now.

Keep putting money into the OL and DL, back end defense and multiple WR's.

I’m not in such a huge hurry to move on from Cook, but I have to say: it would be nice to ship a guy off while his value is at its PEAK for once.

All of the McBeane regime we’re either shipping off star players once they’re devalued (like Diggs) or letting them walk and praying for a comp pick in return (Edmunds, Gabe) 

Cook is a great asset, but if he performs high enough to get a 1st or 2nd and more? From a business standpoint, I think that’s a move you have to seriously consider. Look at KC with Tyreek… sometimes it’s not as simple as saying a guy is talented and we should do everything possible to keep him. 

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Great game from Cook.  But let’s slow the victory parade a tad here.

Miami is a mess in the trenches, maybe one of the easiest front 7’s were going to play all year.  Then you add in that it was a short week and very hot and humid game, all of which affects the DL the most, and coming in I kept telling everyone expect a heavy dose of our run game this week because we should have a lot of success on the ground.

Nothing against him by any means…but, let’s see how he plays against tougher tests before we are back to throwing the bag at him next year.  

There seemed to significant more sweat on faces of Mijami players than Bills especially their defense players.  It could be that because Bills tend to have smaller/leaner players they were less impacted but their defense players were not on field that long since Tua kept doing hiis Peterson imitation. 

If they need a QB with starting experience and good on blackboard Peterson is available.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ed Olivers first 5 games in his career...lol.  Only Jerry Hughes a DE had a higher snap %

Christian Mcaffery averaged 17 carries a game with the 49ers last year lol.  25?  lol.

Well considering that we are averaging about 32 points a game in the first 2 games, I would say we have a pretty good thing going even though its not the 49ers scheme.  Our offensive line is playing very well.  How many times has Allen been touched?  Have you seen the holes they are opening up?

I didn't say the 49ers should trade McCaffery.  Is that your response because the 49ers were successful without him?  Mason is a UDFA.  I'm pretty confident Ray Davis can catch.

I see why you chose the name Warrior...you are a warrior.  

image.thumb.png.dae62f417c3282bd1822aed376f45543.png

Again, comprehension is hard. I NEVER said they don't play. I said he doesn't start them right away. What aren't you understanding? I kn.ow the guys play, I'm literally talking about starts. 

Ok, we have a good thing going and you'd be ok with trading Cook..  

Holy cow you are literally proving my point on this. You can't be this dense. I refuse to believe it. CMC avg'd 17 carries last year.. we aren't talking last year. YOU are talking about the game the other night and said "they struggled last week huh?" insinuating that they would be fine without him and that RB is easy to replace. Mason had 25 rushes last game. If you want to trade Cook because they are easy to replace and we have an "up and comer"... wouldn't you consider Mason an "up and comer?" So shouldn't they just trade CMC? Again, I can't believe I have to spell this out. 

I can see why your name is Royale with Cheese, you have the reading comprehension of a sandwich. 

i tend to agree with a lot of your points, this not being one. Rationale is in a circle. 

Edited by warrior9

1 minute ago, warrior9 said:

Again, comprehension is hard. I NEVER said they don't play. I said he doesn't start them right away. What aren't you understanding? I kn.ow the guys play, I'm literally talking about starts. 

Ok, we have a good thing going and you want to trade Cook.. 

Holy cow you are literally proving my point on this. You can't be this dense. I refuse to believe it. CMC avg'd 17 carries last year.. we aren't talking last year. YOU are talking about the game the other night and said "they struggled last week huh?" insinuating that they would be fine without him and that RB is easy to replace. Mason had 25 rushes last game. If you want to trade Cook because they are easy to replace and we have an "up and comer"... wouldn't you consider Mason an "up and comer?" So shouldn't they just trade CMC? Again, I can't believe I have to spell this out. 

I can see why your name is Royale with Cheese, you have the reading comprehension of a sandwich. 

You are basing on whether they start on a box score determined by a guy who works at the site lol.  Box score means more than actually playing time....make it make sense.

That one time average lol.  

I never said they should trade CMC.  You want to put words in my mouth because I said the 49ers were successful without him.  

I also never said I would actively look to trade Cook but if I'm offered a really nice draft pick, I would do it.  It's a RB.

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You are basing on whether they start on a box score determined by a guy who works at the site lol.  Box score means more than actually playing time....make it make sense.

That one time average lol.  

I never said they should trade CMC.  You want to put words in my mouth because I said the 49ers were successful without him.  

I also never said I would actively look to trade Cook but if I'm offered a really nice draft pick, I would do it.  It's a RB.

You do struggle with comprehension.... wow. 

Let me try to break it down VERY easily so you can comprehend this:

-No I never said you mentioned them trading CMC.. I said based on your rationale of trading Cook (for a nice offer) (Which is the following:)

- We have an up and comer

- RBs are easy to find. 

Should the 9ers should consider trading CMC for a "nice offer" (based on your rationale of when/why/how/etc you'd trade cook) because of the following: 

-You then mentioned how the 49ers performed without CMC 

-Mason is an up and comer

-RB that's easy to find is on their roster. 

Edited by warrior9

12 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

You do struggle with comprehension.... wow. 

Let me try to break it down VERY easily so you can comprehend this:

-No I never said you mentioned them trading CMC.. I said based on your rationale of trading Cook (for a nice offer) (Which is the following:)

- We have an up and comer

- RBs are easy to find. 

Should the 9ers should consider trading CMC for a "nice offer" (based on your rationale of when/why/how/etc you'd trade cook) because of the following: 

-You then mentioned how the 49ers performed without CMC 

-Mason is an up and comer

-RB that's easy to find is on their roster. 

Lets just make it simple.

If I was offered a high pick at the time of this thread, yes I would have taken it.  If he has an excellent year by seasons end, I would elevate it to a 1st.

Easy right?

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Great game from Cook.  But let’s slow the victory parade a tad here.

Miami is a mess in the trenches, maybe one of the easiest front 7’s were going to play all year.  Then you add in that it was a short week and very hot and humid game, all of which affects the DL the most, and coming in I kept telling everyone expect a heavy dose of our run game this week because we should have a lot of success on the ground.

Nothing against him by any means…but, let’s see how he plays against tougher tests before we are back to throwing the bag at him next year.  

With respect, he's continued his success from last year.  The enthusiasm isn't based off one game, he's beginning to confirm he's a fantastic player.

54 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm just glad he's catching the ball.

Funny, you should mention that.

Midway through the 3rd., I mentioned to my buddies:

”Has ANY Receiver/RB/TE DROPPED one yet? ✔️

(Now… if we could only cure the ‘idiot kicker’, who we will absolutely need in clutch game time!)

It’s funny cause Cook was known more as a WR than RB at Georgia and no one including myself expected him to become the type of RB he had become. His hands have been shaky at times but so far so good this year. His one true weakness is his pass blocking which is why Ty Johnson is out there on 3rd downs 

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

It’s funny cause Cook was known more as a WR than RB at Georgia and no one including myself expected him to become the type of RB he had become. His hands have been shaky at times but so far so good this year. His one true weakness is his pass blocking which is why Ty Johnson is out there on 3rd downs 

You sure about that?

When Cook was at Georgia, he was known as a RB who could catch, not as a WR that could be a RB.......and to say that NO ONE expected him to become the type of RB he has become is a truly false statement.

Many people expected Cook to finally put it all together and "turn it on", albeit it has taken longer than most had expected and hoped, however, he is doing exactly what he was supposed to do since coming into the NFL, which is why he was a draft candidate in the first place.

I'm not sure where you thought you were going with your post, however.......

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, White Linen said:

With respect, he's continued his success from last year.  The enthusiasm isn't based off one game, he's beginning to confirm he's a fantastic player.

I am not saying he isn't a good player, I am just talking about I think its premature to default to we must resign him off a game he dominated that was pretty clear was going to be a game where we should lean on the RB's coming in against a bad defense and front 7.  

If he has a big year, would you want to resign him if he was $10-12M per year?  That is still a lot of money for a RB

34 minutes ago, Sweats said:

You sure about that?

When Cook was at Georgia, he was known as a RB who could catch, not as a WR that could be a RB.......and to say that NO ONE expected him to become the type of RB he has become is a truly false statement.

Many people expected Cook to finally put it all together and "turn it on", albeit it has taken longer than most had expected and hoped, however, he is doing exactly what he was supposed to do since coming into the NFL, which is why he was a draft candidate in the first place.

I'm not sure where you thought you were going with your post, however.......

James Cook ran for a total of 1500 yards in 4 seasons at Georgia. That is 375 yards a season on average. In his junior and senior seasons he ran for 303 and 728.  Now he did split time but he was never the # 1 RB at Georgia as a lot of time they split him out wide and kind of made him like Achane is used for the Dolphins. 

So no not a lot of people expected him to become a 1200 yard runner in the NFL including myself 

Solid no! Isn't the idea of building a roster to build it with good to great players. Cook is very good and a dual threat as well. He has good vision. Something Singletary didn't seem to have. 

I just don't see the point of trading a known for an unknown when the one you got will help the team. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm certainly not at "throw the bag at him" not at all. Takes a lot for me to get there with any running back. But he is unquestionably the most talented back that has played for the Bills in this regime. And at the moment he is our most proven offensive weapon not name Josh Allen. 

I don't disagree with any of this...but I am leary of a big season putting him into a high price tag category, and that is what I am saying to just wait and see how he does against tougher tests other than 2 of the worst run defenses in the NFL before he becomes a must resign guy.  

3 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

I say give him his flowers.  The game planned called for him to produce and he did. 

Those stout defensive fronts that play the run well, I believe Brady is going to game plan those games where someone else eats. 

I think that's gonna be a theme this year. 

Last week Josh was superman

This week Cook cooked the fish. 

Next week.....

Wouldn't it be nice to see a different player on offense have a hell of a game. 

How tough would that be for opposing defenses to game plan?

Oh yeah, he deserves his flowers...but we also just played what will be two of the worst run defenses we will face this year.  So, just saying lets be patient and see the rest of the season before we paint him as a must resign player when his price tag could hit double digits if he does have a big season.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1