Starting WRs?

People need to relax as the Bills are clearly showing very little of what they plan to do in the regular season. Are their concerns most def but let’s see how week 1 goes with Allen actually throwing the football in a non vanilla no game planned way 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

It will depend on the opponent and down and distance, as said by the OC everyone eats, 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

People need to relax as the Bills are clearly showing very little of what they plan to do in the regular season. Are their concerns most def but let’s see how week 1 goes with Allen actually throwing the football in a non vanilla no game planned way 

YOU need to relax.   It's only week one, for chrissakes! :rolleyes:

As I've said before.........you look at the team you took to camp and then you do the autopsy at the end of the season.   They took a bottom of the league WR corps to camp.   We won't know for certain if the plan worked until the end of the season.

In the meantime, everyone feel free to express your potentially fluctuating opinion daily even if some jag thinks you aren't relaxed enough. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MWK said:

Gonna be a long season if Hollins plays a lot.

The last time Hollins was pressed into service was 2022 for the Raiders, and he was perfectly adequate.  Per target averages just under Allen's 2023 per-attempt averages.

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I miss Reed & Lofton.

I don’t miss always thinking there was going to be a WR3. Quinn Early would have been ideal, but he was too late and the Bills were too soon. Beebe, Edwards, TASKER. Boy….…

15 minutes ago, Avisan said:

The last time Hollins was pressed into service was 2022 for the Raiders, and he was perfectly adequate.  Per target averages just under Allen's 2023 per-attempt averages.

One decent year on a bad Raiders team does not fill me with confidence.

2 hours ago, Maynard said:

FO couldn’t find one other wide receiver in this deep draft class to become enamored with? It’s just weird and that’s on Beano.

I'm sure there were several Beane would have been delighted to get but our draft position meant the top few were out of consideration.  I am convinced Beane is building for 2025, counting on Josh to keep things respectable this year, but really lighting the fire next year.  The personnel losses after last year were really devastating.  This year's team will not be as good as, but next year's could be better than, 2023's.

Can we at least get through 1 regular season game before we start panicking about this?  Even if the WR's are below average overall, we know the TE room is very good, which can cover up some of that.  Can the O-line and RB's look good as well.

45 minutes ago, Pete said:

Make Zach Davidson 5th or 6th WR

4.62 40 in 2021.  If you think Coleman is slow...

But putting another really big guy out there would be very interesting.  The two starting TEs are 6'4" and 6'5".  Most of the WRs are 6'3" or taller. Davidson is 6'7".  It would be strange to see a Bills huddle where Josh Allen is one of the short guys.  (OK, that's an exaggeration, but maybe the Bills are going to try winning with bulk.)

Edited by Utah John
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Special K said:

I'll go forward in time a little and mention Moulds and Peerless Price.

In the Music City Mugging game, the Bills had both Andre Reed and Eric Moulds playing.  Thurman Thomas and Antowain Smith.  Great defense still led by Bruce Smith.  But no QB. Not sure what this has to do with anything, just reminiscing about past years brought on by seeing these old names.

2 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

I'm not sure MVS makes the squad at this point. Claypool is gone. Coleman looks lost/ineffective.

So far Hollins is the only signing besides Samuel that is making a decent contribution. And that's not exactly comforting.

Dare we look at the trade market a little more in earnest??

he’s had Mitch throwing to him, that’s gonna hurt more than anything. He got what, 2 series with Josh in total? Fret not, real football is only a few weeks away 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

I'm not sure MVS makes the squad at this point. Claypool is gone. Coleman looks lost/ineffective.

So far Hollins is the only signing besides Samuel that is making a decent contribution. And that's not exactly comforting.

Dare we look at the trade market a little more in earnest??

I agree about Coleman - a disappointment.  NFL cornerbacks seem to have figured him out already.  But with back-up QB's throwing to him he's going to look lost!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1