Can we admit Trump is cognitively impaired?

12 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You mean 2 octogenarians can't simultaneously have cognitive decline?  umm, yes.  yes, they can and do.

We can speculate, like we did with Biden. There was some push back to that but in the end the speculation proved correct. With Trump we can speculate too. And there's push back too. But to this point there's no medical evidence or observable pattern of behavior that he suffers from some form of cognitive impairment (other than narcissism) consistent with the behavior we've seen with President Biden. Who by the way, shouldn't be President any longer given his condition.

I see this speculation merely as tit-for-tat "hey our guy is cognitively impaired by age and a degenerative neurological condition but your guy is too". So you don't win here because we're even".

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

We can speculate, like we did with Biden. There was some push back to that but in the end the speculation proved correct. With Trump we can speculate too. And there's push back too. But to this point there's no medical evidence or observable pattern of behavior that he suffers from some form of cognitive impairment (other than narcissism) consistent with the behavior we've seen with President Biden. Who by the way, shouldn't be President any longer given his condition.

I see this speculation merely as tit-for-tat "hey our guy is cognitively impaired by age and a degenerative neurological condition but your guy is too". So you don't win here because we're even".

There Was an interview with his nephew Fred and he said Donald is starting to show signs of dementia like both his grandfathers had. I personally think he is just the biggest idiot to ever enter politics.

10 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Had he been a convicted felon and rapist prior to running for president Republicans would have been more likely not to vote for him.  Given the fact that all of those things happened during his first run or presidency shows you exactly how bad the policitical machine rejected him and the people who supported him. 

As far as him being a seditionist...give me a break.   Months earlier Black Lives Matter and Antifa were smashing, burning, and looting citizen owned businesses and that was called "peaceful protest."  Then when citizens do the same thing on citizen owned property it was an "insurrection"

Don't know why I am even bother with a cult member...

There was a time when public  would not need a "partisan" court to disqualify someone for the most important office in the world. Banging hookers while your wife is pregnant, numerous sexual assaults, numerous business crimes...etc...in the past....the voting public in large would disqualify him because they were not in a cult. 

Trump has no special abilities to help the economy, lower health care costs, lower inflation, bring world peace....His special ability is his unfiltered white nationalism that has cemented 43 percent of the voting public. His policies don't really help them...they help the special interests like the fossil fuel and gun industries and religious zealots. 

AFA BLM.....yup...so you agree BLM and Trump are basically cut from the same cloth

• Vomit 1

20 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

There Was an interview with his nephew Fred and he said Donald is starting to show signs of dementia like both his grandfathers had. I personally think he is just the biggest idiot to ever enter politics.

If his nephew Fred was a neurologist I'd put some stock in that assessment. But I'd temper that with some knowledge of the state of their relationship and Fred's political inclination. Finding objective people in these times of extreme polarization of views is difficult.

I don't think he's showing signs of a degenerative neurological condition. But I do question his judgment. Like his picks for VP. Neither Pence or Vance bring any additional constituency to the table. Both head scratchers to me. And while he claims to be committed to draining the swamp if you look at his previous cabinet appointments the entire lot of them were swamp creatures, never-Trumpers, and assorted neocons. Not a "populist" or working type guy among them. And people wonder why none of them have endorsed him? Its obvious why.

I think Trump is a blowhard narcissist that has little to no grasp of details regarding most issues but he's  pretty much the only game in town when it comes to challenging the Washington establishment that is running our country into the ground. They've use every swindle and hustle in the book to get him. Biden's administration has been a disaster and Harris/Waltz would be even worse. Neither to this point has expressed anything new or original. Its the same old income redistribution vote getting scheme that always ends in tears with a sprinkle of the required identity politics hustle. I expect Trump would do slightly less damage. Either way I expect disaster is in our future. Personally preparing for it will be critical to survival.

As for enthusiasm for the presidential race, the choice between Harris and Trump is like asking me if I'd prefer the gas chamber or the electric chair. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Firstly, D's generally don't see Biden as "our guy".  Most folks, including me, were very happy when he dropped out and let someone else carry the ball.  The party of trump is fully invested in the man, the pos, the wanna be legend...Secondly, the patterns are different because the diseases are likely different.  Biden has Parkinsons which is sometimes accompanied by dementia.  While trump clearly has narcissistic personality disorder I believe he also has signs of early Alzheimers - incoherent rambling, short term memory loss, word finding etc...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Why does the left constantly pivot and focus on the orange dude vs highlighting all the accomplishments and agenda of the DNC.  And how it's results are helping so many. 

Because even no policy, were it the case, is better than January 6.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

I mean is there a single example of good judgment by this guy is the las 50 years?

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Why does the left constantly pivot and focus on the orange dude vs highlighting all the accomplishments and agenda of the DNC.  And how it's results are helping so many. 

This is laughable. Look at the first page of threads alone. What is the right focused on? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Well a few things actually.

1. Orange man is bad, but his cronies are really bad. They mean to destroy this country worthier personal gain and they will throw their supporters to the wolves once they are useless (i.e after they vote for them).

2. there is no discussion policy on this board. it's all no taxes, remove government too big government but no clear idea on what to do about it. Child tax credit, NO. help people get into new homes (a huge long term drive of economic growth). NO. help Ukraine defend its self, NO. protect SS and MC, NO. Prevent price gouging, NO (communism). So what's the point? oh right communism bad, company town capitalism good. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/rambling-trump-rally-crowd-listens-quietly-as-trump-explains-at-length-how-he-doesnt-ramble/

This is cuckoo…

I heard the other day – And this isn’t anything, I’m just saying. They’ll say ‘he was rambling.’ I don’t ramble. I’m a really smart guy. You know, I’m really smart. I don’t ramble. But the other day – any time I hit too hard, they say he was rambling. Rambling?

You know, I get up, and I make a speech, I go for sometimes two hours, two and half hours because, you know, people are waiting outside for three days, four days. You guys were waiting out there for a long time! Front Row Joes are waiting, I don’t know how you guys do it. 

And I feel I have an obligation to speak, and speak in a certain way, and speak a little bit longer. You know, how would you like it, a guy’s waiting with his family for three and a half, four days. They have a tent and the tent is set up. They have hundreds of them, and they wait. And then I walk in, speak for 15 minutes and leave. I don’t know somehow, would that be okay, North Carolina? I don’t think so. Right. 

They want me to speak all day. You know, when I leave – I did one, two hours and 15 minutes and I’m leaving and they’re screaming, no, sir. More. We want to hear more. I can’t, I can’t speak more. What the hell else am I going to say? Our country is going to hell. That’s all I can say. We’re a nation in decline. 

You know, we were talking about that before. My phrases are copied so much, right? I use I use the term, often times in closing, we are a nation in decline. We are a failed nation. And I think it’s a beautiful phrase. Although I don’t like the topic very much, I don’t like what it represents. But there’s a certain beauty. All of a sudden all of these candidates, including Republicans, are saying we are a nation in decline. We are a failing nation. And I say, you know, what the hell do they have to copy me for? Right? 

But they have a lot of words that they copy. Many of our words. We were in the plane before coming in, and our people said we went through a list. I think we’re going to release a list, let’s release it. But so many of our phrases they copy. I should be really, that should be a nice thing, not an insult. But crazy Bernie Sanders has said a lot of things…

So as my old man use to say "His mouth runs like a ducks ass out of water" but because he talks way to freakin much that makes him crazy in your opinion ??

Sounds like a completely logical assumption to me ...

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, T master said:

So as my old man use to say "His mouth runs like a ducks ass out of water" but because he talks way to freakin much that makes him crazy in your opinion ??

Sounds like a completely logical assumption to me ...

Trump is nuts. Bringing up Hillary's emails again? His lying is just getting soft in the brain stupid. Claiming he never said "Lock her up"

If you don't think Trump is soft in the head, you probably don't judge people very well

• Like (+1) 1

His rallies demonstrate a symptom that can have several causes

Flight of ideas is a thought disorder that can be a symptom of several mental health conditions, including: 

Bipolar disorder: During manic episodes, people with bipolar disorder may experience flight of ideas, which involves rapid, erratic speech that jumps between ideas and topics. 

Schizophrenia: Flight of ideas can occur during episodes of psychosis in people with schizophrenia. 

Anxiety: People may experience flight of ideas during periods of anxiety. 

Other conditions that may be associated with flight of ideas include: Some neurodevelopmental conditions, Alzheimer's disease, and Parkinson's disease. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump is nuts. Bringing up Hillary's emails again? His lying is just getting soft in the brain stupid. Claiming he never said "Lock her up"

If you don't think Trump is soft in the head, you probably don't judge people very well

That’s all he has left. Playing the greatest hits.  Hillary, Biden, being the DJ at mar a lago.  That’s all he has left.  He’s just a washed up weirdo playing out one last con. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That’s all he has left. Playing the greatest hits.  Hillary, Biden, being the DJ at mar a lago.  That’s all he has left.  He’s just a washed up weirdo playing out one last con. 

It's like he is living in his addled old brain his glory days of 2016. Sad and pathetic. His rallies are like Grateful Dead Concerts with the loyal cultists showing up because they have nothing better to do 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1