Trey Lance

5 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

Why the Bills haven’t brought in Tannehill for at least a work out is negligent. He is clearly better than any other QB option at this point. 

I think Tannehill still has "legitimate chance to start" on his want list for a new team.

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Arnt they both with other teams currently 

Yes.  Keenum is with the Texans and has a pretty good contract. 

Kyle Allen is under contract to the Steelers - did he play in the preseason game?

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think Tannehill still has "legitimate chance to start" on his want list for a new team.

Yes.  Keenum is with the Texans and has a pretty good contract. 

Kyle Allen is under contract to the Steelers - did he play in the preseason game?

Tannehill is 36 and has been crapping the bed for the past few seasons… I guess his desire to be a starter is not grounded in reality…

5 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Tannehill is 36 and has been crapping the bed for the past few seasons… I guess his desire to be a starter is not grounded in reality…

The minute a starter goes down for a contender, he’s getting called and he’s absolutely going to be the best available.  He’s past his prime, but he’s still a mid to low level starter, capable enough to get you to the playoffs.

3 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

Trey Lance would be a major upgrade over Trubisky, I guess it depends on how much we would have to give up.

How could you possibly know that?  The guy has hardly played & when he did, he was pretty awful. As of today, there's no evidence that Trey Lance is a major upgrade over anybody.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

How could you possibly know that?  The guy has hardly played & when he did, he was pretty awful. As of today, there's no evidence that Trey Lance is a major upgrade over anybody.  

Exactly, from what I’ve seen, I don’t really want either of them, but at very least MT has had a little success in the league and Lance has not.

I would be ecstatic. If there’s any QB that can learn behind someone like Josh it’s Trey Lance. I certainly would feel much better w/ him than Trubisky who is hot garbage. Lance hasn’t really had the opportunity yet. Definitely not worth the picks u are asking for though. I’d give them a 4th 

Just now, DCofNC said:

Exactly, from what I’ve seen, I don’t really want either of them, but at very least MT has had a little success in the league and Lance has not.

Mitch is here for one reason-Josh Allen likes him (as evidenced by the fact Mitch & his wife were on the short list of invitees to Josh's Halloween party the last time they were in Buffalo).  That's the #1 prerequisite for the Bills backup QB, similar to when Kelly was QB & Reich was one of his BFFs.  

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I have heard exactly nothing regarding Tannehill. This isn’t madden, if he doesn’t want to play…

Like fellow posters it’s a money or starter mentality thing. I understand and maybe I should have just stated the Bills need a more competent back up QB than Mitch.

I think it’s possible to make the cap room. The  regular season is coming quick. No starting QB’s have gone down yet so I’d like to think the Bills are an option. I just want to be optimistic 😄

3 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

If we bring in a QB is should be a PROVEN backup, not someone who has never experienced any success in the NFL.

What would be negligent is if Beane has not spoken with his agent and asked:

1) How much does Ryan want?

2) What sort of role is he interested in?

I'm pretty sure that conversation has taken place. I'm pretty sure Beane can't put a gun to Tannehill's head and force him to come in for a... tryout.

Thank you for a good post that adds value.

I'll give you that he has a higher ceiling than Trubisky. Saying he would be a major upgrade is pure speculation.

There's no real basis for this claim, is there?

It's not black and white.

The grey is if Josh misses 4 games and what the teams record is after those 4 games and what impact that has in the standings and playoff seeding.

@Sierra Foothills It’s possible Beane has reached out and I hope he has. You’re right about the workout, Tannehill has enough leverage/clout to negotiate a contract with passing the physical. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

At this point in his career he seems to be a back up. However, I think Tannehill could step in and do well here.

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I still say that Buffalo and the Toronto Argonauts are working on a deal to bring Chad Kelly back to the NFL.  Vacuum accessories not included.

#Bringbackkelly 😂

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I thought he was a nice prospect coming out. If we’re talking a 5th or 6th, who gives a crap? 

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

What on earth are you watching to think Lance is more than hot garbage?  The guy sucks, so does MT.  They are back-ups for a reason.   Lance is the #3 to a leprechaun, and Rush is CLEARLY better than him.  Let Dallas tank themselves if they are banking on Lance.   

This team is all on JA, if he’s out, none of it matters anyway.  This offense is a joke without Allen, it doesn’t matter what back-up you put out there, there’s no real talent to work with, it’s not going to be good.

Igualmente.

5 hours ago, mrags said:

Can’t we just sit Allen for the year and conserve him for when we might be good again. Go 3-14 and get the top pick in the draft 

Better yet sit him for the next 5 years and let’s just tank. 

Then we will be good to go right?!??!