Trey Lance

1 hour ago, Breakout Squad said:

Why the Bills haven’t brought in Tannehill for at least a work out is negligent. He is clearly better than any other QB option at this point. 

I have heard exactly nothing regarding Tannehill. This isn’t madden, if he doesn’t want to play…

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

He can play QB. Not pining for a name. 

He falls in the “I don’t think he’ll settle for what we can afford” category.  I was responding to the $$$$ post. 

I’m not arguing that he would be a great upgraded insurance policy  if we could afford it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Free Speech said:

They were in the discussion before his trade to Dallas. Give up one of two 4ths in 2025 for Lance and a 6th?

Why would the Bills give up a 4th for Lance? Just because they have 2 of them? What has he shown that would compel Beane to give up anything for him, let alone a 4th?

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Is there a “fast forward two weeks” button on this message board?

I’ll settle for mute, but hoping to just speed up this process.

No but it goes backwards sometimes.  We’re not totally out on Simeon Rice just yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Dallas gave up a 3 for Lance....he is THE hedge against DAK negotiations going south.  They aren't trading their only leverage for a 4th.  It would need to be something much more substantial..if they'd even move him.  He very well may be the Cowboys starter next year.

You guys won't like the idea, but maybe give the Giants a call and see if Drew Lock might be had cheap.  They are going to force Danile Jones out there and they have DeVito who is a popular guy in that area.  Lock is expendable, and for a team that is going to be rebuilding next year and needing to draft a QB..they will be receptive to aquiring some picks.

2 hours ago, Free Speech said:

They were in the discussion before his trade to Dallas. Give up one of two 4ths in 2025 for Lance and a 6th?

Heck no!  The guy has no pocket and time awareness.  He just stands there until he gets sacked.

22 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Dallas gave up a 3 for Lance....he is THE hedge against DAK negotiations going south.  They aren't trading their only leverage for a 4th.  It would need to be something much more substantial..if they'd even move him.  He very well may be the Cowboys starter next year.

You guys won't like the idea, but maybe give the Giants a call and see if Drew Lock might be had cheap.  They are going to force Danile Jones out there and they have DeVito who is a popular guy in that area.  Lock is expendable, and for a team that is going to be rebuilding next year and needing to draft a QB..they will be receptive to aquiring some picks.

I don’t think a trade is necessary unless they have a guy they really want if they change Trubisky out. 

None of the guys are great obviously but 

Zappe in NE

Winston/Huntley in Cleveland

Mills/ Keenum in Houston

Ehlinger in Indy

Beatherd in Jax

Rush/Lance in Dallas

Stidham/Wilson in Denver

Drew Lock in NY(tho unlikely) 

Taylor Heinicke in ATL

Some are negligible, some are clear upgrades and some won’t be cut but I have to think some of these guys will be cut loose and if Buffalo wants to let Trubisky go would be happy to be the #2 in Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Trey Lance would be a major upgrade over Trubisky, I guess it depends on how much we would have to give up.

• Haha (+1) 1

Trey Lance struggles with basic things Quarterbacks learn in High School, or should be learning.  Doesn't elevate to zero, doesn't extend his arm when he throws, bad footwork etc.   He got by on good athleticism, but he would be a massive project.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Another backup QB thread??

Josh Allen is the Alpha and the Omega of this organization.  The one irreplaceable man in the building.  He goes out for a few games---it's over, no matter who is behind him.

If we bring in a QB is should be a PROVEN backup, not someone who has never experienced any success in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

Why the Bills haven’t brought in Tannehill for at least a work out is negligent. He is clearly better than any other QB option at this point. 

What would be negligent is if Beane has not spoken with his agent and asked:

1) How much does Ryan want?

2) What sort of role is he interested in?

I'm pretty sure that conversation has taken place. I'm pretty sure Beane can't put a gun to Tannehill's head and force him to come in for a... tryout.

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don’t think a trade is necessary unless they have a guy they really want if they change Trubisky out. 

None of the guys are great obviously but 

Zappe in NE

Winston/Huntley in Cleveland

Mills/ Keenum in Houston

Ehlinger in Indy

Beatherd in Jax

Rush/Lance in Dallas

Stidham/Wilson in Denver

Drew Lock in NY(tho unlikely) 

Taylor Heinicke in ATL

Some are negligible, some are clear upgrades and some won’t be cut but I have to think some of these guys will be cut loose and if Buffalo wants to let Trubisky go would be happy to be the #2 in Buffalo 

Thank you for a good post that adds value.

8 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

Trey Lance would be a major upgrade over Trubisky, I guess it depends on how much we would have to give up.

I'll give you that he has a higher ceiling than Trubisky. Saying he would be a major upgrade is pure speculation.

16 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

Trey Lance would be a major upgrade over Trubisky...

There's no real basis for this claim, is there?

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Another backup QB thread??

Josh Allen is the Alpha and the Omega of this organization.  The one irreplaceable man in the building.  He goes out for a few games---it's over, no matter who is behind him.

It's not black and white.

The grey is if Josh misses 4 games and what the teams record is after those 4 games and what impact that has in the standings and playoff seeding.

People taking this back up situation too far. Google tells me Trey Lance has played about 9 NFL games. His first team ditched him and made it to a SB. I dont know how that translates to "can manage and win games as a backup". 

Not only that but throw in giving up picks for the guy. 

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, ghostwriter said:

What on earth are you watching to think Lance is more than hot garbage?  The guy sucks, so does MT.  They are back-ups for a reason.   Lance is the #3 to a leprechaun, and Rush is CLEARLY better than him.  Let Dallas tank themselves if they are banking on Lance.   

This team is all on JA, if he’s out, none of it matters anyway.  This offense is a joke without Allen, it doesn’t matter what back-up you put out there, there’s no real talent to work with, it’s not going to be good.

If Mitch is down for an extended period of time I think we would have to cut/IR him at this point. If he’s ok I don’t think the Bills do anything that would cost a large amount of money/draft picks.

Wait for cuts to happen, find capable player who isn’t asking for a ton of money. Problem solved. Cooper Rush would be my #1 choice as he proved he can hold his own in the games he saw action in. Heineke also is capable and likely affordable. Tyler Huntley isn’t going to light up the league but Cleveland has DeSchmuck and Winston as their 1 & 2.

long story short- stay patient.

• Like (+1) 1