Harris Economic Proposal: $25,000 To First Time Home Buyers

29 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

LOLOL the Gov't is going to build houses now!

A new gov't agency to waste more money and build houses people won't want

Like how Obama killed NASA and now our Astronauts are stuck in space...just hilarious stuff, these Liberal Democrats

Government always has, so what.

I love this idea because we can rub your noses in poo with it, just like Obamacare, which Trump now supports keeping! 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I love this idea because we can rub your noses in poo with it, just like Obamacare, which Trump now supports keeping! 🤷‍♂️

Have you every worked for the US Federal government?

Obamacare with provisions such as Medicare Advantage and extended Medicaid through private insurers made the shareholders and executive management of insurance providers like UnitedHealth Care, Cigna, Humana, Wellpoint, etc, very rich. Thank you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, that's what "Government" is to the Leftists among us now...purposeful destruction to "rub their noses in it"...destroying the means of production through ill-conceived "we'll just pay them to build Semiconductor fabs here with your money"...just generally destroying the nation's balance sheet and future out of jealousy and rage. 

I won't live that way, our time on this rock is too short

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/19/2024 at 8:01 AM, Tiberius said:

Does it bother you Trump is promising oil companies things for their campaign donations?

No? Imagine that

Well seeing as lobbiest do this exact same thing every day for a entire career and bribery is a embedded part of politics which is the life blood of Washington DC does it bother me yes , but what bothers me more is that your choice is always pointing out that it's Trump only and you never pay attention or bring light to it when its your guy or your team .

The other thing is Kamala or your choice is actually trying to bribe the voters themselves by giving something to get something in return your complaint is something that all political opponents do for super groups, it would be very interesting & i would love to hear some of the conversations that have revolved around say a George Soros or others when they give a S**T ton of money to the likes of Hillary, Joe or for that matter Kamala, but don't pay any attention to that ain't that right Tibs ??

I bet Joe & Kamala got a couple of huge donations from the likes of the battery companies when they pushed for electric cars especially seeeing as the price of batteries across the board have almost tripled, what's your take on that ?? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/19/2024 at 8:50 AM, T master said:

THAT"S AWESOME !! So my house that i bought 8 years ago for $66 k that is now appraised at $270 k and you take off $25 k which makes it worth (In their eyes) $245K that's a lot of savings on that amount of inflation over the 8 years that increased the cost of this house by only $179 k .

I wonder if this is another lame attempt at buying votes YAH THINK !! 

What they need to do is just stop the realtors from allowing bidding wars on the homes like they are supply & demand is one thing but realtors greed is another different thing all together . Oh but they have a code of ethics as long as it doesn't stand in the way of them making a S**T ton of cash !!! Greedy Bastards ! 

Actually every seller will just sell higher. The money will only inflate the market even more while at the same time picking the pockets of tax payers. 

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Actually every seller will just sell higher. The money will only inflate the market even more while at the same time picking the pockets of tax payers. 

Obammy's policies are ridiculous.  No concept of basic economics.  What a mess.   

• Agree 1

On 8/18/2024 at 2:40 PM, Roundybout said:

This will only work if we increase supply, or else you’re simply subsidizing demand. 

I am cautiously optimistic about their plans to cut regulatory red tape, but otherwise this will only make the housing shortage worse.

So the government passes excessive legislation that causes massive red tape in the housing market, leading to a shortage of housing and difficulties for builders of said homes, but you’re hoping the excessive regulation people will eliminate the regulations they came up with to begin with?  

Interesting. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So the government passes excessive legislation that causes massive red tape in the housing market, leading to a shortage of housing and difficulties for builders of said homes, but you’re hoping the excessive regulation people will eliminate the regulations they came up with to begin with?  

Interesting. 

Yes

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

If Harris can magically fix housing if elected, why hasn’t she in the past 3.5 years? 

She isn't the president.  The only power the Vice President has is to break ties in the Senate. 

It's amazing how easy it is to answer that and it's what the Harris campaign is counting on.

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

She isn't the president.  The only power the Vice President has is to break ties in the Senate. 

It's amazing how easy it is to answer that and it's what the Harris campaign is counting on.

It’s not just her. It’s the same as Biden, Trump, McConnell, anyone. These guys have been in politics for 20+ years and then suddenly they are going to fix some major issue. The only amazing part is that people fall for it. 

• Agree 2

Again, why am I getting punished for my family doing things on our own and pulling up our own boot straps (by sacrificing & saving everything ourselves and buying our house)?

So now I have to help pay for other people's houses?

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Again, why am I getting punished for my family doing things on our own and pulling up our own boot straps (by sacrificing & saving everything ourselves and buying our house)?

So now I have to help pay for other people's houses?

On the bright side, those of us who have already purchased homes should see inflated home valuations out of this. They aren’t ever going to fix the supply side, and they are just increasing the demand side. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Yes

The most recent foray into NIMBYism on a national, political level involved immigrants being removed from Martha’s Vineyard.  I haven’t read any accounts of Barrack and Michelle offering up some of the land at their disposal but it’s possible. 

Barrack and Michelle own multiple residences, JB owns oceanfront property and a personal residence in Delaware, and according to one article, Harris has several properties in places like San Francisco, Brentwood and DC. 

Who would you anticipate partners with the government first, cedes/sells some land for a couple of those high rise Lego condos you believe are the future?  

16 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

So home sellers will get more money! That's helping the middle class right there 

7 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

On the bright side, those of us who have already purchased homes should see inflated home valuations out of this. They aren’t ever going to fix the supply side, and they are just increasing the demand side. 

Not seen the point brought up here, but.....

Inflated valuations will see inflated appraisals, which are what property taxes are based on.

Those of us who did this the right way will pay, year after year, in increased property taxes.

Simply an incredibly stupid idea.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/18/2024 at 11:53 AM, Tiberius said:

This is nothing to do with 2008 housing crisis where banks and regulators were so corrupt that the system imploded. 

Have you ever considered taking a course in economics?  It will make this stuff a lot easier to understand.