Harris Economic Proposal: $25,000 To First Time Home Buyers

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's all FRREEEEEEEE!

More free stuff from your loving government masters.

At taxpayer expense, which means middle class taxes go up…

Sure, people may have liked the Covid checks when they first came in the mail- but how are liking them now with all these high prices?

There’s always a greater consequence for giving things away, and Dems are hoping people are too stupid to realize this, or even care…

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Wrong.  The 2008 housing crisis at it's core happened because people bought homes they couldn't afford and couldn't make payments on.

Ya, because banks passed along the risk in the form of Mortgage Backed Securities they sold to pension funds and such. This is totally different 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Where’s the money coming from?   

Same place the money for the Trump tax cuts did, we borrowed it and paid it off long term. Just like home owners do with a mortgage 

Great idea!

TCJA ends, let's end the QBI deduction and that more than pays for it. (I think Dems aren't hammering enough that the GOP made all corporate tax cuts permanent instead of individual tax cuts in the TCJA, which is why the individual provisions are ending in 2025.)

Detroit has a similar program that's had good success. We've seen similar first time home buying assistance under Republicans with Bush in 2008.

Add these to the good ideas of 1) DC and Puerto Rico as states, 2) ending the Senate filibuster, 3) expanding the child tax credit and child care credit.

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Same place the money for the Trump tax cuts did, we borrowed it and paid it off long term. Just like home owners do with a mortgage 

The problem is the Federal government doesn't pay anything back. As demonstrated by an ever increading national debt of over $35 trillion. It's why the national debt keeps rising and interst payment on the debt will exceed $1 trillion.

A trillion is what? A 1 with 12 zeroes. 40 million $25k tax credits? 

They issue new debt to pay off old debt. That's called a Ponzi scheme. 

If you want to stop inflation stop printing money. They won't, neither party. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, because banks passed along the risk in the form of Mortgage Backed Securities they sold to pension funds and such. This is totally different 

Trump spent like a drunken sailor during covid, but you outlined one major piece of his economic policy.  

Harris entire economic policy is based on government control and free handouts .. floating various forms of UBI, $25k homebuyer, student loan forgiveness etc., Everything she proposes is on the backs of the taxpayer/future generations while creating inflationary pressure on the economy. 

• Like (+1) 1

This will only work if we increase supply, or else you’re simply subsidizing demand. 

I am cautiously optimistic about their plans to cut regulatory red tape, but otherwise this will only make the housing shortage worse.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Aside from it sounding like a nice thing to be on the receiving end of, how is it a good idea? 

That’s it. It’ll actually be a net negative for me as I already own my home. Maybe in the name of equality she can give us all a retroactive payment. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

That’s it. It’ll actually be a net negative for me as I already own my home. Maybe in the name of equality she can give us all a retroactive payment. 

I'll wager that proponents of the idea would change their tune if they were required to directly fund the program at say $10k each. Generousity knows no limits when it comes to spending somebody elses money. And there's no bigger culprit of that than Americsn politicans buying votes with your income. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, so people will see their home equity increase a lot! Darn, she is good! 

Making houses they already can't afford more unaffordable by driving up the price. Genius move

3 minutes ago, K D said:

Making houses they already can't afford more unaffordable by driving up the price. Genius move

That's why she proposes to have government help build more units. 

I love this idea. It's like rubbing the GOP's nose in poop. Like Obamacare, which Trump now supports keeping! 

You guys learn, just really slowly 

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, so people will see their home equity increase a lot! Darn, she is good! 

It will over inflate the market more than it is now, and will push folks out. Also, nothing is free. This is all our taxpayers money that would fund this. This is not the government’s place. Terrible idea trom a bird brain hack politician.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Interesting idea, that will cause some problems, but seems like a good idea. 

Good: Home ownership increases a person sense of community. People do not litter in a neighborhood they own a home in. Crime goes down, people just feel connected. It helps increase generational wealth

Thoughts? 

THAT"S AWESOME !! So my house that i bought 8 years ago for $66 k that is now appraised at $270 k and you take off $25 k which makes it worth (In their eyes) $245K that's a lot of savings on that amount of inflation over the 8 years that increased the cost of this house by only $179 k .

I wonder if this is another lame attempt at buying votes YAH THINK !! 

What they need to do is just stop the realtors from allowing bidding wars on the homes like they are supply & demand is one thing but realtors greed is another different thing all together . Oh but they have a code of ethics as long as it doesn't stand in the way of them making a S**T ton of cash !!! Greedy Bastards ! 

18 hours ago, Roundybout said:

This will only work if we increase supply, or else you’re simply subsidizing demand. 

I am cautiously optimistic about their plans to cut regulatory red tape, but otherwise this will only make the housing shortage worse.

Material costs is up a bunch as well. Can't help increase supply if it's too expensive to build.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, T master said:

THAT"S AWESOME !! So my house that i bought 8 years ago for $66 k that is now appraised at $270 k and you take off $25 k which makes it worth (In their eyes) $245K that's a lot of savings on that amount of inflation over the 8 years that increased the cost of this house by only $179 k .

I wonder if this is another lame attempt at buying votes YAH THINK !! 

What they need to do is just stop the realtors from allowing bidding wars on the homes like they are supply & demand is one thing but realtors greed is another different thing all together . Oh but they have a code of ethics as long as it doesn't stand in the way of them making a S**T ton of cash !!! Greedy Bastards ! 

Does it bother you Trump is promising oil companies things for their campaign donations?

No? Imagine that

• Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That's why she proposes to have government help build more units. 

I love this idea. It's like rubbing the GOP's nose in poop. Like Obamacare, which Trump now supports keeping! 

You guys learn, just really slowly 

LOLOL the Gov't is going to build houses now!

A new gov't agency to waste more money and build houses people won't want

Like how Obama killed NASA and now our Astronauts are stuck in space...just hilarious stuff, these Liberal Democrats

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

LOLOL the Gov't is going to build houses now!

A new gov't agency to waste more money and build houses people won't want

Like how Obama killed NASA and now our Astronauts are stuck in space...just hilarious stuff, these Liberal Democrats

It will be 10 years and $100 billion before they complete the first house. $100K for construction costs and $99.9999 billion for democratic party constituent organizations and DEI studies of the communities. Then in the year 2034, blame Trump for the delay!

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Isn't that a counter example?

NASA privatized space launches, and here we are.

No, there are externalities to certain things that require a government's involvement.  That's why people eons ago banded together to agree to be governed in certain ways, it's all about the kind and amount.

Space Travel is certainly something that is worthy of this level of cooperation.  Private entities should be welcome to compete, but there is no question that the US Gov't botched this massively...we were forced to send our astronauts up in Russian spacecraft for about a decade!  Spectacular failure on behalf of the Obama Administration.  Eventually Elon and others will have solved this for them, but really embarrassing (if the Leftist Democrats had any pride/shame)

Housing is NOT something that should be governmentized...when it happens, it's an indication that things have been really effed up...such as after World War 2, which was obviously not our eff up, but we had to respond to it and so that's a game-changer and they went off and built legions of government-looking homes.  Again, because of an eff up.

If we are to go about having the gov't build homes now, it would be because the Biden/Harris Administration effed up so badly, which they did, that they've toppled the normal workings of a market.  Really really bad