Good Night / Bad Night - Pre-season game 2

GunnerBill

35 minutes ago, FireChans said:

33% of players picked 21-30 make a ProBowl once.

Beane is 0fer. 

Thanks for playing.

If I am not mistaken, the only players Beane picked 21-30 are Rousseau, Elam, and Kincaid. 33% of that is one. Don't you think you should give them (especially Rousseau and Kincaid) a bit more time?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

His first round picks, are Tre White, Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmonds, Ed Oliver, Rousseau, Elam, and Kincaid. That is an extremely good list even not counting Diggs as the other pick. I won't say no other GM has been that good l, but few ever run it that well.

That’s exactly ONE time he got the best player available at the position he chose to draft, forget all the others available to take, in all his drafts.  Also Tre White is Whaley.

54 minutes ago, FireChans said:

33% of players picked 21-30 make a ProBowl once.

Beane is 0fer. 

Thanks for playing.

21-30 is oddly specific. I criticized Edmunds quite a bit but he made two probowls at pick 16.

Anyways Rousseau and Kincaid have good shot at making a ProBowl in the next few years. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

Good list.

Rousseau had a funny night. I’ve been hard on him needing to step up as a pass rusher and he put on a show last night.

My only quibble is that I think he just did the same pass rush power move over and over and over? I have to rewatch but that’s what it looked like.

For the last two year he has had nagging injuries that affected his play, both years he had some sacks.  In 2022 he had 4 sacks in the first 4 games, in 2023 he had three sacks in the first 4 games.  Both times i think he had an ankle of foot ailment of some sort.  I believe if he can stay closer to 100% he will be a very good pass rusher.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

That’s exactly ONE time he got the best player available at the position he chose to draft, forget all the others available to take, in all his drafts.  Also Tre White is Whaley.

Honestly you should get a month suspension from the board every time you post White was drafted by Beane.

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

For the last two year he has had nagging injuries that affected his play, both years he had some sacks.  In 2022 he had 4 sacks in the first 4 games, in 2023 he had three sacks in the first 4 games.  Both times i think he had an ankle of foot ailment of some sort.  I believe if he can stay closer to 100% he will be a very good pass rusher.

First part of ability is availability...

I thought he was dinged up his rookie year too but it says he started all 17 games

Still only 24. Missed a college season due to COvID.  He can still be a star. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

That shed and tackle on the Pitt RB near the boundary was eye-popping though. 

He absolutely dropped a TD yesterday. It hit him in both hands - you have to catch that.

td-drop.jpg

In general, I'm thinking its going to take Coleman a little while to reach his potential. I don't see a rookie season wonder in him so far. Just watch him on all of his routes. Follow his routes even on plays where the ball doesn't go to him. I'm genuinely concerned about the lack of separation he is achieving. And then of course on the one play where he gets separation he drops the TD. 

Chalk it up to growing pains.

This is just incorrect.  The ball only hit his finger tips and was a wobbly duck.  That is going to not be caught a lot more than it is going to be caught in the NFL.

And I don’t know what game you are watching because I saw him get open several times and Mitch not look his way.  I watched the All-22 last week and he didn't see separation issues either. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

7 hours ago, CNYfan said:

It may be difficult to get Z. Davidson on the practice squad.   My theory from week one was that they buried him on the 3rd team/4th qtr reps so that he wouldn't be noticed.   

Agreed.  With MVS broken, I’d rather just keep 4 TEs.  Morris is too good to cut and I like Davidsons upside.  Not sure what to do with the logjam at the position but I wouldn’t mind having all 4 of them out there at once from time to time 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

That list wouldn’t know.

Tre White was prior to Beane’s time.

Edmunds went to 2 ProBowls and Beane let him walk rather than pay him. 

Oliver never made a Pro Bowl

Rousseau never made a Pro Bowl

Elam never made a Pro Bowl

Kincaid never made a Pro Bowl.

Of the first and second round picks Beane has made since signing on as GM (which is 10 non-Josh picks since 2018), there are 3 ProBowls total, and 2 of them were by a guy who we let walk and doesn’t play here no mo.

So yeah, that list is a who’s who of average, at best.

They called that an “extremely good list” lol.

I think that’s a bridge too far.

Again, with the bust rate being high, we have 5 out of his last 6 First Round picks are starters.

The Pro Bowl isn’t a strong argument.  Did you know Jordan Poyer didn’t make the Pro Bowl in 2021 but was a 1st Team All Pro. Its like you’re really saying if you haven’t been named to a Pro Bowl, you can’t be above average.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Another terrible you post-  

So you’re saying that Laporta is 💯 better than Kincaid already?  

Rousseau was the right pick-  who’s better?

tremaine not better than Vanderesche or Rashan evans?  Darius Leonard wasn’t considered a 1st rd pick by 99% of the world.  

tre wasn’t a Beane pick, but which corner was better?  

Elam hasn’t been a good pick to this point but he still might turn out to be the best of what was left.  Most wanted Booth.  Kyler Gordon and Mccreary play the slot. Cam Taylor Britt wasn’t considered a 1st round talent by anyone. 

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Nope. Again, if you read properly, you would know that the image I posted was the full shot. It was direct from the TV broadcast with zero cropping. You are wrong. Feel free to admit it - or don’t - but you are wrong regardless.

Well then you chose that shot on purpose when the whole view was available. Not worth arguing over. Only time will tell what Coleman is. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Agree. 

But don't fret we have a safety from Utah that will make all the difference 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂😂

4 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

On the play where Trubisky threw the inerception Coleman was wide open down the sideline, looked like cover two, mabye four but he was right in between in the sweet spot of the corner and the safety.

if he gets thrown the ball there he probably just has to beat the safety and he scores.  

Unfortunately he wasn't thrown the ball.  When the all 22 is available I will grab the play and post it.

Hey Cool. 

If you don't like me that is perfectly fine.  It's noted and I will go about my day.

I am completely on your side

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Don't let him bother you. He just thinks he is funny but doesn't realize it comes off poorly. He is talking about me.

We all bow to your brilliance…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, MJS said:

Kingsley Jonathan had a sack and two QB hits, though... Yeah, he had a bad play, but he made some good plays as well.

He had more than one bad play. I'm not writing him out of the 53 either. But he is now very much DE6 and that makes him vulnerable to the need to keep extra depth at any other spots.

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Another terrible you post-  

So you’re saying that Laporta is 💯 better than Kincaid already?  

Rousseau was the right pick-  who’s better?

tremaine not better than Vanderesche or Rashan evans?  Darius Leonard wasn’t considered a 1st rd pick by 99% of the world.  

tre wasn’t a Beane pick, but which corner was better?  

Elam hasn’t been a good pick to this point but he still might turn out to be the best of what was left.  Most wanted Booth.  Kyler Gordon and Mccreary play the slot. Cam Taylor Britt wasn’t considered a 1st round talent by anyone. 

La Porta is a FAR more complete TE that out produced Kincaid all year, so how is he NOT better?  Oh and was taken well later. 

Rousseau was a solid pick, shouldn’t have been drafting DE when the position was dried up, Barramore was there for the taking, but you can have this one.

You answered your own question for Edmunds.

Tre wasn’t his pick, so it doesn’t matter now does it?

And yet again, you claim Beane to be a Wizard, but misses guys that went later.. 

So it appears you just don’t like my opinion, because facts ruin your story.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honestly you should get a month suspension from the board every time you post White was drafted by Beane.

First part of ability is availability...

I thought he was dinged up his rookie year too but it says he started all 17 games

Still only 24. Missed a college season due to COvID.  He can still be a star. 

You mean the most important ability is availability.  I agree though he can be a star

Edited by Matt_In_NH