Ray Davis

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Cook has one big issue that he never seems to fix and it's catching the damn ball. It's the thing that's going to prevent him from getting extended here.

and that holding onto it thing...after the catch.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Cook has one big issue that he never seems to fix and it's catching the damn ball. It's the thing that's going to prevent him from getting extended here.

Yep. He is very talented but has a lot of holes in his game as of now.

Dropped passes, fumbles, not a great pass protector, not a great 3rd and short back etc.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I have hopes for the dude but don’t we see this every preseason? Some random rb (a bit different since he was a draft pick) doing well against 3rd teamers?  But still positive signs. 

Never seen a guy 6th in yards from scrimmage in the entire nfl get as much crap as Cook does. It’s insane 

He’s good

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And im hopeful too. It’s just weird how much hate Cook gets for being such a productive player. If anything, he needs more work. Davis hopefully will be a great change of pace 

It’s weird to be wary of a fumbler with stone hands?😳 THAT’s weird!

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Better than Ray Charles 😏

He definitely sees the hole better!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I think if Ty Johnson was drafted high like Cook he would be the starter.  Has better vision and finishes runs harder.   

Ray was a surprise pick to me but you need three solid RB's and now we do.   Also outweighing Cook by 30lbs helps in blitz pickups.   Ray seems to have a good feel for that already.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Time to mix him more with the first team.  A 65 to 35% snap count between him and Cook would be ideal.

I think by the time we get to sometime around the back half of the season it will be pretty close to 50/50

8 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I like how he picks a hole and hits it hard. That is ideal for certain types of scenarios, and I'm not sure Cook is really capable of it. Cook is a more patient runner, but sometimes that leads to a loss of yards.

I thought the bold was headed in a completely different direction. 

46 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think by the time we get to sometime around the back half of the season it will be pretty close to 50/50

As with many NFL teams, this team has normally replaced RBs after about 3 years, so Davis could be ready to take over in 2025.

9 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Only one game but I liked what I seen from Ray Davis. Looks like he could definitely be a 3 down back. Perfect complement to J. Cook

Agree.  His style of running reminds me of Christian McCaffrey.

Davis and Ty Johnson both looked great last night! Ty hit the hole hard and they even re-played his hit on the Steelers LB where he crunched the LB for an extra 2 yards. Ty is the #2 no doubt in my mind and Brady knows it too. Davis will grow into #3 and eventually #2 if he can do what he did last night in a real game. We know Ty already can.

10 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bills are looking like they have 3 good RBs all with different styles.

Brady needs to plan accordingly to use them all.

Let’s hope it’s the second coming of Csonka, Morris, and Kick…, just saying 🤞

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Never seen a guy 6th in yards from scrimmage in the entire nfl get as much crap as Cook does. It’s insane 

Stats aren’t gained in a vacuum. The o-line performed pretty well last year, and Cook benefitted from Allen being the second best QB in the league (and always a dangerous threat to run it himself).

Cook performed well, but I think there are a bunch of RBs out there that could have put up similar numbers given the circumstances. I would be surprised if Cook gets a second contract from us.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The most important thing he does better than Cook is he immediately attacks the hole, rather than dance around like James.

He's got great vision, he's a pure running back that knows where to go with the ball. It was the first thing I noticed when watching his highlights, James Cook isn't the most instinctive.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Time to mix him more with the first team.  A 65 to 35% snap count between him and Cook would be ideal.

I was saying this last night, of course somebody had to disagree, but it would be nice to see him against the 1’s of another team.