Postgame thread (8/17/24) - Bills at Steelers

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

it is kind of a unique situation though.  Our third string qb was injured in preseason game 1 and a guy was brought in off the street with two days of practice which he didn't get many snaps and was forced to play a half because the 2nd string qb was injured.

Sitting other guys on offense has its effect also. 

Much of this is true. Though our 2nd qb has played a lot and it has not been good. As has our 1st string OL and that has been bas as well. 

14 hours ago, buffblue said:

I guess I am in the minority but Hardy didn't impress me last night. He didn't look explosive at all on his punt returns even though he was force fed numerous opportunities. He also looked rough in run support because of taking some bad angles when trying to attack the ball carrier.

All I care about on punt returns is they dont turn the ball over.  If they get some yards too then great.

• Agree 1

Clearly, if Josh Allen goes down in an injury that lasts more than a week or two, the Bills are sunk.   I love Matt Milano and hate that he got hurt, but he is clearly much less of a factor in the success of the defense than Allen is for the offense.  The Bills can field a top notch defense without Milano.  Without Allen, the offense is dead meat.